>do the same work you do in windows
>comes to spare time
>no games
>install windows after about a week of Linux

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/585550/FEMINAZI_The_Triggering/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You literally don't need to play anything that's not OpenTTD

Yeah, I've got a linux server, but winshit is my daily driver.

I game on Linux. It's fine.

dota runs fine on linux, as long as you have the latest mesa drivers

this is always embarrassing: what game?`

Get tired of shitposting, fire up the playstation.
Oh, is it august already...boot windows and run windows updates when you have 4 hours you won't need your computer, boot back into gnu+linux when windows disk i/o settles down half an hour later, while wondering, "why the fuck haven't I deleted this crap?"
I can't be alone on this one.

Nothing like opening a nice game after a long day of programming :^)

OP confirmed ashamed and afraid.

Pic related

Top 2 windozerz excuses for not learning how to use another OS.
1> My time is too valuable.
2> No video games.
Often mentioned in the same sentence.

you are the type of user we do not want on Sup Forums

you aren't supposed to use linux for the same shit you do on windows, and if you think that you're supposed to, you're out of your mind

I like playing games with friends and they play alot of none Linux compatible games

Does wow vanilla work well on linux ?

Wotlk works good, I assume vanilla would too then.

>be me
>decide to stop wasting time, money and space on a giant gayming box
>ditch it for a Thinkpad for muh codez
>buy a console if you want to game

I've had low FPS with wine any suggestion (Beside opengl)?
is it possible to disable all shaders ?

Connor mcGregor is going to lose to Mayweather.

You would fucker.

Can i run CSGO decently with an HD4600 on Linux?

It runs at 60-80 FPS on W7.

Brood war works in wine, that's all I need

Of course he will.
It's going to be a solid 12 rounds of clinching and running away, with a few potshot lefts to make the score go in mayweather's favour.

>worried my core2 2.00ghz wouldnt be able to run it
Gonna emerge that right after xorg is done :3

>:3

what """""""""""""""""games"""""""""""""""" do you 'like' "playing" with your """""""""""friends"""""""""?

you can play dwarf fortress

what else do you need?

me. I keep Windows around for one of my uni classes where we have to use Visual Studio. I've had Windows for two semesters so far, and both semesters the class meeting times got changed so I had to drop them.

Two semesters of a winshit install sitting on my drive that I never use. It's such a pain in the ass to keep up-to-date. A few weeks ago, it updated my BIOS and messed up my dual-boot. I had to reinstall GRUB.

I like playing rainbow 6 with them

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Both have their uses, but overall, Windows doesn't work well for me.

True, I never realized the irony of it.

> install gnu/linux
> no games
> work
> profit
> laugh at windows game addicted poorfags

who else does this?

Dwarf Therapist, but that works on Linux too.

>install Steam
>use wine-staging for games that don't have ports (and get better performance if you're lucky)
>source ports of games exist
Wow user, just try looking around.

clearly not you poorfag

Pretty much this. I hate updating Windows and it really doesn't offer me anything I can't do in Linux.No, I don't care about Photoshop and Office The few games I play work surprisingly well in Wine. It's like I'm waiting for Windows to live up to the hype and it's just not happening.

Also my computer is 10 year old...
1gb ram,1.8ghz processor and a chipset...
Wow ran just well on xp

You can try wine-staging and even enable speedhacks in winecfg once you have it installed. It might help you get a bit more performance.

WINE generally has 10-50% worse performance than native games. If you have a sub 2GB RAM PC don't try to game on it with WINE. Not that you'd have a good time on that hardware anyway, since I had a 2.5GHz processor and 2GB RAM and wow still didn't run at 60fps (on windows 7).

It works like a dream in my Manjaro, except the launcher does not. I just have to open the Wow.exe manually and after that, no issues. Even addons work.

>I have to open wow.exe manually
That's what everyone does except people who exclusively play on official servers.

It wasn't perfect in windows xp either (even xp sp3 was a bit slow) but It ran at last at 30 fps since it's Vanilla ,what do you think I should do? (Can't afford a new computer)

I think it's more about specs than wine itself, I am looking for maybe some things i could add to "config.wtf" to make wow a little smoother/faster

Thank you I'll try that

>what should I do
>can't afford new PC
You can either:
>install windows XP (de-bloat it) on a second partition/disk and play wow there
>play on a lower resolution and set everything to lowest as fuck settings, kill any irrelevant background processes and hope it gives you 1-2 extra fps.
>best option: sell your current PC and buy a better one, you can get a wow machine for around 300$ with 2-4 times better specs. Buying parts separately could be cheaper.

Is this real? I'm VERY surprised Steam accepted that.

Let's not forget that all windows users are polymaths who need professional video editing software, photoshop (GIMP couldn't satisfy their image editing needs, because they are too skilled), and MS office.

>he can't go a week without video games
>he considers himself an adult

for me it was
>install linux
>this is actually really fucking comfy, XP-like no bullshit UI, no nagging to update, system and every program can be updated with a one-line command
>keep a 100 GB windows partition around for when I feel like gaming twice a year

store.steampowered.com/app/585550/FEMINAZI_The_Triggering/