What PC cases are you using?

What Case are you using right now?
What Case would you rather be using?
What Case have you used in the past that you have fond memories of?

DEFINE R5

what is better case?

one of these little guys, cooler master elite 110

its ok, i like that it takes a full ATX PSU and has room for a 120mm radiator. Also having mounting spots for 4 3.5" drives shoved in there is pretty cool, even if i only use two 2.5" ones

Id rather be using something even smaller mitx, with a pico PSU or something, but those get really expensive and this was like 20 bucks.

I dont have fond memories of any previous cases, i had a Zalman ZM-T1 that was flimsy and lacked proper venting, a Sugo SG-11b that was a poorly made piece of shit that was not worth its price tag, and i used an old Thinkcenter as a case once and that really wasnt much better.

I do have to say that is a pretty sweet case

Ask this question in /guts/ threads instead.
Much more things to look at.

Thanks senpai

>What Case are you using right now? Define R5
>What Case would you rather be using? Define R5
>What Case have you used in the past that you have fond memories of? Define R4

>What Case are you using right now?
Cooler master N400
>What Case would you rather be using?
Literally anything else with better cable management options
>What Case have you used in the past that you have fond memories of?
None as I make terrible decisions every time

do they have one without the window?

>None as I make terrible decisions every time
I feel you you my dude

>NZXT Phantom 410
>Anything which isn't a struggle to fit pci expansion cards
>Corsair 200R, simple, cheap and done the job, power switch and usb ports failed easily though

HAF XM
Fractal meme without window

Yeah, its the standard model. I just like the window

Thermaltake v21.

Wish I used something smaller

Going to be getting a node 804 for my upcoming build, plenty of room for anything I could want to put in it and I love the aesthetic.

Enthoo Evolv mATX Tempered Glass
No other case my favorite case I have owned so far.
Silver Stone Raven 2 interesting lay out but way too huge.

pls no flame, I got it on sale; was a pretty sweet deal.
regardless it's a pretty sweet case IMO and easy to work with

Am I retarded if I get Phanteks Enthoo Elite Extreme for my threadripper build?

I like the glass front.

Thoughts?

I like it!

>Corsair 100R
>Pretty much the same case but with a PSU basement and tempered glass
>I used an Antec 300 for almost a decade, it was shit but I guess I was fond of it

Currently using an Enthoo Pro. I like it a lot.

Was previously using pic related. Great case for its time, extremely light and with a removable mobo tray. Pretty shit as far as airflow and cable management go. There are dust filters on the front fans, but the case still somehow gets dusty as fuck.

>Hey Sup Forums what's your favourite black rectangle?

Black rectangle that can cost anywhere from $25-$1000, that have a wide variety of different options available to them.

Lian Li PC-A05FN

Something similar but a bit wider so I can do better cable management since I'm running on my spare PSU without modular cables right now

The original Antec Lanboy despite it is way too cramped even for early 2000s

It was $40 and it works. Not sure what else there is too look for.

HAF X
Thinking about getting a Define R5 but I fear it might be too cramped for I'll use it for and the airflow might be worse
Had some random case in the mid 00's that served me until 2011 that was pretty nice but I think it's just nostalgia as it was nothing special. I like my HAF X I'm using at the moment but the only things I don't like about it is the side fan sort of rattles when it's under load and it also gets quite noisy when it's under load. It's also heavy as fuck and it doesn't come with any feet to make use of the bottom vents.

HAF XB EVO
HAF XB with updated features and styling
Ancient Lian Li with sound deadening foam thick heavy aluminum door and built for silence.

Chenbro SR10769, basically a 5U server chassis flipped on it's side.
Something from Supermicro but they're unfortunately too expensive.
An old NZXT case from 2011 that I used in my last build, it was shitty but I kinda miss it.

just got a corsair 750D airflow edition and it's really nice. it's been awhile since I had a nice full size ATX with plenty of room to work in.

HAF 912
I guess something like a Define R5.
None. Well, maybe a Compaq Deskpro EN which was pretty nice but rather heavy.

I bought the EVGA DG-87 cause it could hold an eATX board and had USB 3.1 Type C front panel connector.

When I opened the box, I instantly hated it. Big and ugly. Like an 90's television. And its not Gen 2 USB 3.1 (whats the point of Type-C then dammit!)

Got a shitty mean:it "5PM" tempered glass case. Its a nice size and has enough room up top to fit a 320mm AIO without getting in the way of my boards vrm heatsink and dimm's.

If anyone in Orange County CA wants a FREE (as in beer) EVGA DG-87 case, let me know.

I built one of those back in February and gawd is it heavy! I picked up some x-feet thang for it to sit on, keep it off the rug.

HAF 912 since 2011, still has all the filters and is a rectangle. Never even considered a new case.

I want that giant corsair concept case. I'll use the mITX part for my pfsense router and the bigger part as a threadripper/epyc based compute server with multiple vega cards (once the prices aren't retarded). Watercool the server with the video cards and run a small air cooler or maybe add it to the loop for the router.

Corsair 750D
CaseLabs Magnum TH10A
I thought the Antec 900 was pretty good when I had it way back when.

I don't know the exact model, but it's a Lian-Li solid aluminum full tower in anodized black. It's pretty nice. I think I got it on sale for $90 like 4 years ago. I think I may keep it for my next ThreadRipper build. No real reason to upgrade it. It's still huge and modern.

Phanteks P400 TG
Anything with better airflow
All my prior cases have been junk

>Not getting the blackout version

user, why?

I will admit, this would be a top contender had they avoided slapping their logo on the front. This is why the Define R5 is the better case.

it just works

started out as a Q6600

I really want to get something new without le gayman window but I also hate rebuilding my PC and doing cable routing and shit like that.

CM 590 III
White Corsair Air 240
no fond memories of old cases

I have an Enthoo Pro and it's okay. Bought it because it had E-ATX support and good air-cooling capabilities. I'd like to buy something bigger and more stylish though.

To add, I had a Cooler Master Stacker RC810 before which I bought in 2007. I believe they were never very popular.

Anyone have any experience with coolermasters new MaterCase and MasterBox lineup?

Arc Mini. The first version. Has a 3570K in it that's probably gonna be turned into a NAS

How many of those 5.25" bay covers come out?
Stick some hard drive cages in there.
That case looks like it would make for a cracking home server.

This thing. I wanted a cube case, but all the pretty looking ones were too small. This one has enough drive bays to accomodate all my drives and shiet.

I've been toying with different cases to pack my new pc in when i finally upgrade CPU+Mainboard.
They seem horrendously expensive for a few panes of shaped metal and maybe some glass.
Actually thinking about building something custom, but I'd need to buy tools first off, which in turn requires me to find a purpose for those tools beyond this one project.

literally this

Been using a Coolermaster Elite 340 since forever.

>ugly dimensions
>ugly ports
>ugly bays
>ugly aesthetic

uggo

this fully passive cooled xeon.....

t. audio guy

I gotta say, I was 100% sure I was getting meme'd when I finally got this case. But fuck, I love it. Dead silent, but fuck window version.

Antec 300, next build will be SS SG13.

PC cases are in general hideous, would really like something that looks like HP Z or Lenovo D series but built computers are mostly for kids and that's the taste those little fucks have at that age.

Bought one of these yesterday

Corsair 200r.

Literally babbys first build. I like it because I can fit 3 more SSDs and 3 more HDDs in it. It's long enough that when the time comes, I'll also be able to get a radiator set up in there.

My cable management is shit, though. A lot of nigger rigging shit to the case to keep it from swaying into moving shit.

s340 elite

I chose it for the utility, I want a cube instead of a rectangle and no other case could hold 6 drives and full size cards and coolers.
I don't care that it looks ugly so long as it gets the job done.

Should still have some minimal aesthetics standards.

carbide air 240

>case
i have shit strewn all over my cabinet.

Fractal Design Define R5, shit is cash.

>when the RF white noise from your speakers is LOUDER than your entire enterprise cpu workstation

this guy gets it

>speaker white noise
pleb

Damn, I was going to buy an N400, is it really that shit?

i cant be the only one that used the wheels instead of the pad feet and rode their stacker around the room

>not living in faraday cage
im ok with this... i bet you dont even have your own orgone accumulator - what a reichlet

air 740

meme on me if you like

fractal design xl r2
same as this, but with adjustable position on the fans
none

p400
p400 with the tempered glass
none

It's alright

White LED fans on the front, with an off switch

It was also one of the best cases to fit a H100

Dimensions are superior to anything else on the market.

>But muh footprint

Who cares? You need a better desk if that's your complaint. It lays the motherboard flat, so no GPU sag and no cooler stress, dual chambered design separates PSU and drivebays from CPU and GPU heat. 200mm fan mounting option means you can cool an EATX board components while watercooling cpu and gpu. ITX PSU cable length is all that is needed. So no unnecessary clutter.

And the dark mesh blocks off enough off the light from internal LEDs to no longer be blinded by amy LEDs you can't shut off.

It's an underrated case that can't be appreciated until you start building in it.

I hate cable management and tight spaces

>using now
R4
>rather be using
R5
>fond memories
R4

Not gona lie, i'm thinking of buying one.
I just can't put up with mine anymore - not enough room for cables in the back, mobo too close to bays, parallel oriented bays at that. Front fan bearings failed but it's hotglued to fuck, instead of being mounted with screws. We've had some good times together but i think it's time to decomission it.

Old add antec. Member when they were popular? I want something like a meshify but without a glass panel

Currently using pic related, though I would like something like Node 202

>have to remove the motherboard and gpu to take out hard drives

lul

That's not all - it features USB and esata port on top, near front. Those cables going from top to bottom shown in the pic are almost at their max extent. Meaning the only thing i can shove in the topmost 5.25 bay is my microdick.

NODE 304,
I want to get define nano s as soon as i upgrade

This, but white. Also no cancer RGB's except the cooler's which came stock with my R7.

Pretty happy with it. The build quality feels great. Has good air flow and looks slick and clean. I mounted a 2.5 inch hdd on the hdd/ssd mount that is against the glass too.

The patricians choice, Ncase M1.
None.
None.

>The Stacker
>Not popular back then

I don't know about you, but it was really popular back then due to the space it offers and being extremely customizable

In win 303

I've always wanted my computer to look like the inside of a strip club.

Never seen this layout before. I like it.

Was worth it considering I didn't get if for full MSRP

Has some nice bells and whistles like hotswap bay, plenty of drive caddies, removable air filters, and nice space for radiator mounting.

the strip club is cheaper

An iMac for my desktop and this for my HTPC

Phanteks Eclipse p400s(pic related is the model)
FD Meshify C (even more so if it does not have a window and comes in matx) or any case that has nice airflow and does not give into the recent gayming memes.

Inwin 303
None. I bought this, because it's the case that I wanted at the time.
There are some issues though like HDD/SSD space is limited, and there's no place for an internal optical drive.

Well, it can take E-ATX boards and probably some larger SSI ones as well.
All of them come out, you can fit 3 drive cages which each hold 4 HDDs at most.

I did too. The wheels are very convenient.

I was under the impression that they were never popular due to the high price, but I might be wrong.

All these posts, and no FT02

Shame on you all.

How cute. Can you put a real GPU in it and not have it fry?

Still going strong.

Don't have any good photos but here's my FD Define C with window

ATX on right.