Need help choosing M.2

Building a computer for editing videos, barely ordering the parts. Never built a computer before but I'm getting some help. My question is, what is the best M.2 SSD I can buy for this?? Looking for about 256GB for it. Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z170-HD3P-rev-10#ov
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

85o ev0

Micro Centaur has insane screaming hot deals on the Samsung line (or.did not sure how long the sale was)

I grabbed a 500 GB 960 Evo. Very happy. 960 gets four times the speed on the 850, but you pay for it.

do black people find this funny? is this suppose to be funny? or is this reddit tier blackpeopletwitter crap that is actual white people LARPing as black people?

I think you mean "do niggers find this funny?"

what is the difference? they change their name every year.

NVMe or SATA?

If SATA, 850 evo, if NVMe, 960 evo.

Also 256gb seems small if you want to do video editing work. If you're working with large files you'll want them on the SSD to take advantage of the speed.

He clearly means NVMe when he mentioned m.2

There are m.2 SATA drives.

Ok thank you all. Decided on a 960 evo, and got a great deal on it too. Spent around 1500 for all the computer parts, but I'm gonna be upgrading as I do more jobs, so I'll probably get more gb and a new monitor that isn't an LCD tv, so I can color correct the videos better. If you have any suggestions on a good monitor that displays accurate color and cheap let me know.

Actually those are mSATA and not all m.2 slots support mSATA power pins.

t. micro cuck employee

I use a 500 GB 960 Evo NVMe korean not master race in my laptop.

>N-word

This board respects white privileges. You're probably confusing Sup Forums with fagbook or reddit, it's not your safe space, minor.

White guy here, I found it pretty funny

Hi nigger

>white privileges
>he accepts SJW names
fuck off, faggot

Please, go away.
You too. There's no place for aggression.

Back to /r/eddit cuckold

The best? 960 pro of course.

anything else is garbage.

Too late but if you're looking for 250, get 500. A SSD lives longer the more free space it has. My first one died after four years of being pretty much almost always full, keeping my new one at least a third empty all the time.

Why on earth would you do that? Just use it and then replace it, life is too short to dick around with keeping things a third empty.

Any one know someone or are somebody that uses a patriot hellfire?

The best SSD is the 2TB Samsung 960 Pro

if you cant afford it get a 1tb 960 evo

and if you are poor get a 1tb 850 evo

not OP but about to order a SSD aswell
probably the 850 EVO 500GB for 100 bucks
what is NVMe ? i think my System should be Sata though....
how do i find this out ?

I came here to ask/ research if the 850 Evo 500 gigs are good

here's my pitifully specs

Uses the PCI Express bus instead of SATA. Higher theoretical bandwidth since SATA real world tops out at around 500-600 MB/s. The 960 evo by comparison has 3200/1800 MB/s read/write, so NVMe drives are much faster.

Looking here gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z170-HD3P-rev-10#ov

your board has 4 m.2 slots for pci nvme, so your system does indeed support it.

Unless you read/write a lot of large files, NVMe might not be worth the extra cost for you. You won't notice much difference in boot times or loading apps, for example.

Oh, but to answer your initial question, yes the 850 evo is a great drive. 960 evo is much faster, but also more expensive, and may not be worth it depending on what you use your PC for.

wow thanks alot for the review !
i do write & read alot large files..i mean RAW and Tiff Images alot.. but this 850 evo will be thousand times better than my 10+ year old seagate HDD atleast :D