Meta

Can we ban all of this uneducated open source and Linux talk. I'm all for debate but, the catalog is always full with the bait threads claiming that Linux has failed or open source is shit without giving any reasoning. The people who participate in the threads end up saying the same shit over and over again and they really get us nowhere.

Nick...

hol up...

what you sayin is...

we tryna cultivate a better discourse?

>Why did Linux fail

Getting sick of this shit. They get a good 100-200 replies, too. All rebutting them as OP tries desperately to reply to all the linux users on the page.

I would rather kill the generals.

why do we have watch fags here, they literally do not care about the mechanics, they use that watches are technology meme to post their /fa/ containment thread here.

The watch thread is pretty much the worst of it.
Only takes up one slot and contains what might spill out to somewhere less desirable.

Shilling can take up dozens of slots.

Generals can be okay sometimes, although the watchfags, I can agree that they need to go.

No they need to 90 percent of the generals literally are work safe requests.

I rather discuss linux shitpost threads than gpu fps green vs red shit though.

We have to much trash using the x is technology meme to hide in our board

this

pic related

watches are more /o/ than Sup Forums.

they are actually /fa/ you go lurk that thread and ask them about watches in technical matters and they will reee at you, ew quartz watches, they only care about watches as a fashion accessory and not a time keeping device.

how new are you OP?
this has been going on since Sup Forums was created.

but the potential energy in coils and springs is incredible...

Never take Sup Forums seriously

Fuck off, newfag. Sup Forums wasn't even a tech board when it was created

>Oh no, I've been revealed as a newfag shitposter! What do I do??? I know! I'll pretend I'm retarded and can't understand context.
t. (You)

point is they are apple fags they care more about the looks than specs.

image is important. it matters to God after all.

It's much worse now than I ever recall.

it's not like the hotpockets are gonna do anything
they just let the board be destroyed last time a ransomware hit

>Hey you know this culture that grew from the ground up when this board was started?
>Well let's just kill it off

sure we can have board culture but that doesn't mean post quality should drop.

I am with you OP

Linux has no games and open source is codeword for poorfaggotry.

This board culture has litterally become a go to bait thread for summer,and newfags to use to divert quality posts and convert them to shitposts

Lol, I made that thread, u mad newfag?

So instead of just killing off generals, ou fucking censor all of Linux and FOSS talk, you're a fucking dumbass

I never said that we should kill off all discussion. I just think that obvious bait threads, shill threads, X vs Y meme threads should all be deleted with utmost speed. Generals should be kept but only a select few such as /flg/, /tpg/. I'm all for good discussion but I don't think the board is at it's best right now.

Oh wait, I'm very sorry, I thought you said "Can we ban all of this open source ad Linux talk" oops,

Oh, haha. And I'm not even OP.

I like Linux and gaymen. Can I have my own board?

yeah go here
/lgbt/ Linux Gaming But Terrible

nick didn't have a partner is that why he hated his wife?

I want Apple, Microsoft, Google, and other blatant shills to be banned. Threads such as "why don't you use (insert product)?" shouldn't be allowed. I'd also like all of Southern Asia to get a range ban so that it makes Pajeet shell out some rupees to get a pass.

At the very least we shouldn't have redundant threads up. I sometimes see as many as 5 Windows shill threads in the catalog which is ridiculous. Let them have one thread at a time.

I agree. Watch threads belong in /fa/. If this was 1910 I might think differently but people rarely use mechanical timepieces for keeping the time now. Everything is digital. I would be ok with a smartwatch thread every now and again.

Linux is Finished and Bankrupt

you authoritarian faggots should just leave. Sup Forums is healthy right now and the only thing you want to do is remove shit that's contrary to your interests. shitposting on Sup Forums is at an all time low and if all you want to do is speed up the board so it has more shitposts, which is what removing generals would do, I suggest you fuck off back to Sup Forums