Should Android do something about the ease of updating their os? Atm it looks horrible only 1...

Should Android do something about the ease of updating their os? Atm it looks horrible only 1,2% of all android phones uses the most new available Android 7.1 and 86,5% of all Android phones have 2 years or older Android.

Definitely issues with OEMs taking forever needs to be fixed. No excuse for my S8+ to still be on 7.0, let me put it that way.

its a fragmented system and its pretty much fucked.

Most funny thing is that 5 years old update is still 2x more used than 7.1. Does it even get security patches anymore?

bump

How is that an excuse? Windows 10 runs on a ton of different hardware.

Lagdroid has no reason for this.

Because Android doesn't exactly work like Window/Desktop Linux

Android is pretty much fucked and there isn't much that google can do about it. Sure they could force updates on all devices but that'll just result in complaints about android breaking down on every update because of touchwiz or whatever being incompatible. Forcing manufacturers to not stuff every phone full of bloatware seems impossible too.

>DVM
I don't give a shit about what version I'm running as long as it doesn't have this piece of shit.

Android (pajeetoid) is literal shit and is becoming the windows of mobile devices, too many manufacturers, too many third party developers and hardware firmwares to develop for.

They're at the same stage that windows was during the early 90s, they have to do something about it.

Check Project Treble. Looks promising.

And like 1% of the world is using Windows 10. What's the problem?

No you're thinking of iOS.

Both their hardware and software are made by pajeets now.

iOS is developed by and for apple, they control the hardware and most of the software

Pajeet gets paid to assemble electronics sure but apple still gets to choose which electronics go with their software, that inherently makes it infinitely better than bloatdroid.

That goes for every manufacturer that develops specifically for their hardware, i.e. optimization

Moto X Pure here. Flagship of Motorola (before it got taken over by Chinese Lenovo), first released in September 2015. Exactly two years ago.

They've been promising Nougat update for at least a year or more. Still nothing. Security update still December fucking 2016. Security update 9 months late.

In short: never get a Moto now that it's from Lenovo.

I'm just praying that Nokia becomes what Google's Moto was

>I'm just praying that Nokia becomes what Google's Moto was

This this

why is this necessarily a bad thing?

Because no security patches and people are using now days phones for everything.

People just ignore this reply. I thought Sup Forums was better.

You don't see every fucking OEM building their own copies of Windows 10 with their own patches and drivers.

but nougat is already out for the pure

>do everything you can to destroy the evil gpl virus so far as to even rip off Java and somehow get a jury to ok it.
>Every manufacturer due to stupid decides to fork your permissive licensed shitcode creating hundreds of nonfree source trees that only the creators can update and build

Google brought this shot on themselves. They can get fucked with their strong Apache 2.0 licensing.

Also linus, et Al. Are to blame for not enforcing kernel source header violations as well. Stupid niggers.

Runs shitty on all hardware though

this guy gets it.

And it is going to be worse with Google developing their own permissive licensed kernel to replace Linux.

>Project Treble
Is it coming with 8.0?

NEVER GET A MOTO
NOW THAT ITS FROM LENOVO