Make a Facebook account because friends beg me to

>make a Facebook account because friends beg me to
>put in very limited information
>add only recently friends
>mfw Facebook still recommends friends for me such as old army buddies, elementary school friends, or the boss from the part time job I had a decade ago

H-HOW

Other urls found in this thread:

tech.slashdot.org/story/17/08/25/168255/facebook-figured-out-my-family-secrets-and-it-wont-tell-me-how
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's the current year and there's no escape from the botnet.

They looked you up you were in their address book when it was imported

But I don't have any of those people in my address book.

they have you in their address book

Freaky.

>willingly being mark zuckerbergs product to sell to advertisters

You make the SICK.

it is really creepy. i created an account and lots of people from the city i used to live showed up in my recommendations, without any information about it.

Apparently facebook found this woman's great aunt that she didn't even know existed.

tech.slashdot.org/story/17/08/25/168255/facebook-figured-out-my-family-secrets-and-it-wont-tell-me-how

maybe they had a ghost profile on you and when you decided to join. their algorithm thought you might know them somehow and recommended them as friends. if you viewed their profile but didn't add them then it probably thought that there was some connection.

Should I avoid putting a ton of info on Facebook? Like my college and stuff like that? What's the risk?

Facebook is finished and bankrupt

THIS POST MADE ME HAVE THE SICK

>H-HOW
It blows my mind how retarded some people can be. It is extremely easy to make mathematical correlations from interconnected data, ie, who's friends with who. Ever heard of six degrees of separation? This isn't even a remotely new concept, and being """"afraid of the botnet"""" because of this is as stupid as being scared of advertising demographics.

If you don't understand how they work then you're dumb.

Fuck off mark

>helping zuckerstein with facial recognition

misread info for photo.
Time for bed I guess

There's a database out there with your name address and everything you probably ever searched on the internet.

Most likely not used for anything bad, other than advertisers using it to construct a list of things you like and hate so they know what to sell to you.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA I WANT OUT LEAVE ME ALONEEEEE

They build shadow profiles of people who don't even use their site with information their friends give them. Personally avoiding the botnet is no longer enough if you have friends who are apart of the botnet.

Once your name is in Facebook's servers, in any form, a mention in a private chat, listed in the contact list of someone else, leaked by some other web service that loaded a share-on-Facebook button, your face appearing in someone's photo, your geolocation overlapping with someone else's, your voice being heard by another user's phone, anything, you'll have a Facebook account.
When you thought you'd create one you just activated the one that's been waiting for you for years.
Welcome to the current year.