Thoughts on LINKSYS WRT32X AC3200 DUAL-BAND WI-FI GAMING ROUTER WITH KILLER PRIORITIZATION ENGINE

Saw this earlier this morning. Is 300$ worth?

Other urls found in this thread:

linksys.com/ro/wrt32x-gaming-router
amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Tri-Band-Archer-C3200/dp/B00YY3XSSA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503732966&sr=8-1&keywords=archer 3200
mikrotik.com/product/RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT
help.netflix.com/en/node/13444
twitter.com/AnonBabble

linksys.com/ro/wrt32x-gaming-router

if you will pay that much for a wireless router why not get one with 802.11ad

So, it uses a pair of SH-2 CPUs and a 68000 to perform the whole routing?

I don't think so.

amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Tri-Band-Archer-C3200/dp/B00YY3XSSA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503732966&sr=8-1&keywords=archer 3200

Good point!

open wrt or go home

No. You can get a 5400 tri-band router for 50 bucks less than that.

No, its not a good deal.

>gaming router
Moves packets
>audiophile lan cable
Moves packets

Keep going gaymers... You are making us audio enthusiasts look normal again

T. Sensible non snake oil audio engineer

I don't get audiophiles. HDMI should be a no brainer for the vast majority of audio setups (under 40 feet of cable).

i have a wdr3600 with open wrt and i have everything qos about gaming
why do they even create such monstrocities anyways you dont need such power

> GAY MEN ROOTER

What is legacy hardware

Got me. I have a 20mbit/sec connection that never drops below 18mbit/sec, and it's more than enough for my Archer C7 with a Cat 6 cable attached (it cost like a 25 cents more than the Cat 5e cable - why not?).

>routers are now stealth spaceships
glad were out of the spider era XD

Audiophiles don't generally use hdmi for anything audio related. It has has a lot of jitter when multiplexed with video streams
>confused

What was meant by this?

Pointless when discussing audiophile equipment. Records can't do anything that flac/ogg can't do.

The only debate worth having is headphones, and that largely comes down to user preference outside of those Sony MDR 7506 headphones, which is more used for music creation than listening.

20 mbit sec is more than enough data for gaming without lag, and even the most basic routers can handle it.

>born too late to own slaves on sugar plantations
>born too early to have spider-farms on trans-galactic trade routes
>born just in time to have a router that looks like a spider

What a time to live in

the problem is the throughout as the guy saidthat line of routers is ok for that (talking about playing via wifi) you can get a 50mbps updown from it
its enough to do everything literally unless you are some fag that wanna stream blu ray while playing a multiplayer game while listening to multiple 320kbps online radios

mikrotik.com/product/RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT
better in literally every way
130$

Lag is latency, and bandwidth is unrelated. A car full of tape drives hurtling down the highway is like 40GB/s. But it's not good for gaming without lag.

Idiot

Honestly, even 4k online gaming wouldn't need more than, what, 30mbit/sec down at most? Not sure what you would need on the up, though.

I'm not much of a gamer, and haven't done online gaming at all since whenever Journey dropped for the PS3 (2012 I think), so I'm not so concerned about it, but I just can't imagine that you would need more than 30 mbit/sec down/up to game without lag, unless, like you said, he's doing other shit at the same time.

>what a time to live in

It's "what a time to be alive" you dork

you dont need more than 7

4k streaming of A/V on Netflix recommends 25 down.

>help.netflix.com/en/node/13444
>A steady internet connection speed of 25 megabits per second or higher. See below for more details.

gaming dude gaming
video stream is shit anyways 4k with a proper bitrate will need 100-150

It's not about bandwith.
Raw bandwith shit is easy because you can deliver the packets out of order, can take several miliseconds to deliver the packets and shit.
Gaming requires the router to handle several computers tossing 40 packets per second at it, without dropping any of those packets, and delivering em as fast as it possibly can, preferably under 8ms.

This can rape a chink router CPU quite hard, even if it has a fuckton of bandwith.

What has become of this board

>preferably under 8ms
Doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult to obtain. My work has 0ms ping, 49.17 Mbps down, 47.7 Mbps up according to speedtest.

They're using fiber, with cat5e running about 200 feet from the modem.

Probably you can get away with and maybe even better performance with a decent, non GAMURZ router.
But the point is just that it's more than bandwith.
Also all routers have less than 1ms of ping while "idlng".
It's when you start to flood em with tasks that the D-Link start to add lag to it.

> GAMING ROUTER WITH KILLER PRIORITIZATION ENGINE
Jesus christ, those buzzwords for 12 year olds.

nah

just get the cheapest one that has ac

1. Get an EdgeRouter Lite, learn to configure it
2. Use whatever cheap wireless routers as access points