Is it just me or this fucking piece of shit is slow and nearly unusable due to graphics and UI bugs...

Is it just me or this fucking piece of shit is slow and nearly unusable due to graphics and UI bugs? Anyone using it successfully? Am I doing it wrong and should be using M8 instead of KDE?

Long story short, I'm not an expert on Linux shit but I'm not a noob either, I installed it manually alongside Windows 10 with the correct partitions, and then had to manually install the WiFi dongle driver (weird, it's a common as fuck Realtek chipset from 2 years ago, why is it still not built into the kernel?), and the fucking nVidia driver (again, why the fuck doesn't the driver manager even work? It kept using Nouveau instead of nVidia, I had to manually install to get it to work). On top of that I have the following issues
>major UI wide screen tearing issues, can't fix even with solutions I found on Google
>slow and laggy scrolling in Firefox, again, can't fix no matter what
>overall system is much slower than W10 on the same drive, and I've installed W10 on top of a years old install of W8, from boot to program opening to web browsing, and this is a clean system installed yesterday
>hibernation doesn't fucking work no matter what, I think it has something to do with encrypted home folder
>no built in system wide encryption, I thought this shit was supposed to be secure
>I managed to crash the entire UI and get stuck on a black screen with only the mouse pointer just by playing with widgets

I'm not asking you on help how to fix these issue, I just want to know if this shit actually works to begin with. My system is common as fuck, all parts are compatible according to the wiki, it's not even a laptop with weird custom hardware but a run of the mill gaymer PC from 2 years ago. Also I'm pretty sure "linux is faster than Windows" and "linux is more secure" are literally memes from the age of Windows XP.

No one using this OS?
Pls respond.

I'm using it with 0 problems, the driver manager worked perfectly even with by slightly fucky laptops two graphics cards.

If you have the time try a fresh install or mint with cinnamon, I know you can switch DE without reinstalling but if your trying to fix shit fresh is better.

fresh install of* mint with cinnamon

You don't have any screen tearing at all? Is Firefox smooth at all?

KDE is nice but buggy, either you can live with that or you change your DE

if you have screen tearing it's probably the driver's fault, not the distribution
intel will never fix the drivers for my all in one so i have given up on that

you fell for the linux desktop meme. Remember kids, linux is for servers and embedded stuf

Yeah, on both the GTX 765m and the shitty intel integrated GPU.

I remember I had some trouble with KDE on a GTX 1070 while running Debian (screen tearing and flickering) but that could have been driver problems I guess. That's why I said to try cinnamon. If you slap a theme on cinnamon its very comfy, feels like a less shit windows 7.

I mean, that's just not true man. I don't know what to tell you.

KDE IS FUCKING CRAP HOW MANY TIMES AM I SUPPOSED TO REPEAT THAT. you got fucking memed

I'm still waiting for a Linux DE that isn't shit. GNOME was the closest we got but then they had to go full retard

Cinnamon is surprisingly good.

KDE Plasma is great, but you really need to use it on a rolling distro so you aren't stuck with old buggy versions. Mint is a fixed release distro, not rolling.

I love Mint XFCE , Cinnamon is also good.

KDE is fucking terrible. Joke's on you.

I use XFCE and Cinnamon and have had less problems with cinnamon, however it's a fair bit heavier than XFCE

not having a close button on pop ups is unironically the main reason why I don't use Cinnamon. Also i still encounter some little bugs here and there. Using MATE at the moment. It does everything I need from a DE. Also, coming from XFCE it's nice to have theming consistency with GTK2 and GTK 3 applications.

I had a bad DL of XFCE it gave me major problems. Installed a new OS image and had zero issues since.

>gigantic fucking right side padding in the file managers sidebar (where titles cut off into ...)
>choppy animations
>no true way to disable expo animations
jej

if you want a good KDE install Opensuse, it's also a good distro

I seriously don't know how you faggots achieve fucking it up so hard.
I'm using Mint 18 KDE too and while there are DEFINITELY faster environments it runs with no problems and I came from W7 (if I was a Lunix pro I wouldn't use KDE probably but I want it to look neat when I'm back stressed out from work and also don't have literal days to waste to just get shit running).

I don't follow, what do you mean close buttons on pop ups? Pop ups where?

USE MATE, MOTHERFUCKERS! Or if you need a smaller footprint, XFCE. Both are great and extremely stable.

What is wrong with xfce4?