Android TV Box thread?

Android TV Box thread?
What are you buyan'? What are you watchan'?

Other urls found in this thread:

barrons.com/articles/android-vs-ios-are-iphones-really-safer-1496254475
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nvidia Shield is literally the ONLY acceptable answer.

So fuck off.

>2017
>Owning tv
Go play with the kids grandpa

How do you watch movies and series with your girlfriend?

Gtfo normie

I have a bunch of firetv boxes for running kodi with nas media. Works well. Don't even think about using wifi unless you're using ac and

Apple TV

i Like to sit on a sofa and watch a big screen you stupid nigger.

They are all trash
Not one of them can play Netflix above 720p as they are not authorized streaming devices.
Worthless

How about a Linux HTPC thread instead?

Raspi 3 bb
added a heatsink and fan cuzz it hits 212F playing HD video

I have no need for one. My TV already has a YouTube app and I can hook up my PC if I ever decide to game on it.

Found a pretty case for my moms... finally convinced her to stop wasting money on cable TV

Salaged the fan from an Odroid XU4 I fried from static discharge... they're much more sensitive than raspberry pi's

/thread

/thread

Got a smart TV with plex support since I already got a server for it.

I don't, because of two things.
I don't watch shows anymore, watched it all, according to pogdesign i have spent 5.2 months watching tv. That's without rewatches and I am only 21 years old
I don't have a girlfriend

Used a Shield TV for a while but the aesthetic is awful. Remote feels cheap and it looks like razer made the box itself. Interface is decent but switched to an Apple TV and never looked back.

>being so autistic that you're obsessed with the aesthetics of a junk box

>being so autistic that you're willing to put up with dogshit design decisions

Beautiful timeless design vs..

That's the opposite of autism you mongoloid.
Also: >being so autistic you can't stand the plastic exterior of a box and put up lame excuses

"pass me the controller bro" tier design

It goes beyond the external design, pal. I logged in with 1 account on my Apple TV and have access to all my photos, music, etc in one fell swoop. Also acts as my smart home hub. Try to achieve that in the Android ecosystem without using 3rd party apps or some workaround.

I have the dock for my T430 in the living room plugged into speakers and my tv almost exclusively for when chicks are over. Otherwise, I just watch stuff on my desktop.

All that shit is integrated into play store and google drive. You're literally retarded, seek help.

>Actually using Google Play Music
>Actually using ANY of googles services
Yikes

>actually using apple services so you can get all your shit stolen like the celebrities
>actually using Itunes
Yikes

Just set one of these (pic related) for my dad the other day. Its alright, does a decent job of streaming netflix and HBO. Build quality is meh, feels extremely Chinese.

barrons.com/articles/android-vs-ios-are-iphones-really-safer-1496254475

Sorry buddy. And I've never opened iTunes once.

>an ad article paid in by the Apple corporation
Yikes you've fallen really low

I just have some chinkshit box with kodi, and can stream 1080 from my NAS over wireless (distance about 30 feet) with no issues.

Netflix is for one-off disposable watching anyway, who cares.

I have a Windows mini PC so I can also stream from Steam

I just use a 30 dollar airmouse with it. I use the controller when I game.

Best android box ever bar none.

Apple is great but it's not the same thing so arguing who's better or worse is like arguing if a pocket car or a transport is better.

>implying retarded celebs didn't click on a phishing link or get conned by """customer service"""

There's also the xiaomi thing and doesn't google have a Nexus branded AndroidTV box?

I just bought a TV that has an Android computer built-in. It's an old chip, S805, and it only has like 400MB of RAM, but it's enough to run Kodi, which is all I need. Also, the WiFi is broken or something, but it has Ethernet, so I'm just using that. I tested a 1080p 20Mbps H265 video and it plays without problems.

odroid c2 running android and kodi 19. Plays 4k x265. Has netflix and prime video. Gigabit ethernet connection

who /seedbox + home media server/ here?

They didn't, Apple allowed infinite password inputs and their icloud accounts just got bruteforced.

>gf
Hahahhahahahahahahahhahahahaja*inhales*hahahahahahahahah

Weren't some of them also broken into using the password recovery thing since some of them share just about every aspect of their lives on social media?

Maybe the newest ones since the infinite tries thing got fixed but it's just a conjecture since most leaks are from the same time and collectors just held on to them instead of releasing them years ago.

/thread