claims to be a technology enthusiast

> claims to be a technology enthusiast
> doesn't even understand how a carburetor works

Explain yourselves

carbs are only useful for bongs

>carburetor
>in 2017
lmao

I thought I understood carbs but now I'm confused about how the float plays into it. Is that chamber filled with gas?

Yeah, well, I can tell you this, most car enthusiasts don't even understand accurately how those fuckers work, especially those Euro-trash carbs you posted.

Does anyone else get annoyed by old car guys who won't stop talking about their old carburetor?

But muh 4 barrel

Yea stuff where the engine will be at different angles use them.

Yes. Think of it like the float in a toilet, the level rises and limits the intake of more gas buy raising the needle and closing the orifice.

but it's ez
>fuel goes in
>carbs go out

>Major design and construction of turbojet engines
> fucking codemonkeys at /g look smug at me

It doesn't matter what you majored in if you're in your mom's basement

What the region you live in doesn't typically use basements in construction? Monolithic slabs and simple crawlspaces are quite popular and should not exclude an individual from being branded a neckbeard. I think this meme needs an update.

>What if

+1
I have EFI.

this
bitches dont know bout muh fuel injection

also
>he doesnt know about based elon musk and his godlike electric cars
>he doesnt realize anything relating to internal combustion engines will be completely useless knowledge in 10 years

>claims to be a technology enthusiast
>doesnt even understand how centrifugal governors works

I've disassembled carburetors exactly three times, and I never want to look at them again.

It's not like the process was that bad, they're really not that complicated, there is just a better way to live.

>diesel is gone in 10 years

That looks like an Amal carb

Efi isn't the best on all engines my bike performs better when carbed.

>acellerator pumps ftw

Also

>he doesn't realize you can't replace the internal combustion engine, especially diesels

I'd like to see that. The fat on your neck is because of diesel, neckbeard.

>HURRRR PRIVATE TRANSPORTATION DURRR
That's how I know you're some sheltered retard who doesn't know anything about actual engines. Have fun with your mopeds, kid.

I have no idea wtf ur talking about.

I think I've seen this post before or is it deja vu?

>I have no idea wtf ur talking about.
Tell me something I don't know.

>major design
>and construction

lmao are you the cuck engineer who has to make the shit made by smarter people buildable?

you're not that important buddy.

Oh ur one of those.

K fuck head. Let's see batteries keep you fed.

Oh wait u won't understand that

>HURR DURR MY WORLD WIDE SHIPMENT OF TENDIES

Better? Now go suck a cock.

Are you actually applauding engineers who have no sense of practicality who design things that are either impossible to build or service?
At least the reddit spacing makes it easy to know which posts to simply ignore.

But I do

Never experienced this

Thought this was a technology board
>naw just summer again

Enjoy your tendies Senpai. Stay ignorant and isolated from everyone.

probably.
Diesel can't meet air standards in civilized nations like the US.

homogeneous charge compression engines running gas or just conventional spark ignition gas is going to be around for some time however.

unless those fucking methane fucks get off their ass and figure out CNG for the masses or better, LNG in your garage and bypass the shitty middle men gas stations.

>Efi isn't the best on all engines my bike performs better when carbed.

How much have you modified the intake to optimise for EFI? What have you done to tune?

no

u

fucktard

why

don't

you

go

back

to

>>>/reddit/

I'm not a redditor fuckwad

Now go run to mommy

>carburator
grampa pls

This us a hinkley parallel twin. They hid throttle bodies in what looked like carbs. No one's ever been able to make the hp a carb could with them, although people have tried.

>Diesel can't meet air standards in civilized nations like the US.
Diesel is not even that bad. It's mostly just a scapegoat, further burdened by some unfortunate events.

>Are you actually applauding engineers who have no sense of practicality who design things that are either impossible to build or service?

yes I am because they make more money than you will. lmao.

also turbojets? wtf are you building at your company that you're making turbojets? ballistic missiles?

it's 2017 grandpa. even the F135/6 is a turbofan.

No diesel no shipping.

Electric can't even get close.

/thread.

yes it is. even Volkswagen had to set their computer to some shitty fuel/air mixture to pass US standards.

lean burning diesel may be more fuel efficient but it creates a shitload of Nitrogen Oxides which are fucking way worse than Carbon emissions that most people bitch about.

Stratified charge engines are always going to have this uphill battle of fighting NO_x and unburnt hydrocarbon exhaust.

>construction
Construction as in "What is inside of it".
The particularities of how things are possible to make are also necessary so that what you design is even possible to create with existing tech.

The "cuck engineers" you are talking about are technologists, actually also great guys they know fuckloads of stuff about materials and processes that are going on inside of them design engineers know jackshit about. There's immense amount of science on micro scale involved in welding, coating, heat, mechanical and chemical treatment of shit and the smaller you think the more fucked it gets.

Lean burning diesel doesn't perform

>also turbojets? wtf are you building at your company that you're making turbojets? ballistic missiles?

Turbojets - anything involving turbines (generally air breathing jets)
Turbofan, Turboprop, turbo shaft - are particular sorts of them
Ballistic missiles run on rocket engines (non air breathing)

Didn't Triumph switch their straight twins over to EFI, but hidden in faux-carburetors?

They did this for good reason.

and the same can be said about op's in IT. they know all sorts of stuff about technology, the latest cool kid software, deployment and configuration managements. hell they've contributed a lot to the whole CI and CD process, but that doesn't make them anything more than just op's.

stop being butthurt about being inferior to the real geniuses like the design engineers.

They had both up till 09 i think. It was for nostalgia. People blank off the O2 for added performance.

There are riders whom have modded the fuck out of those engines. Noone has hit 130hp with efi but the have with fcr39s bored and stroked to 1080.

After 2016 they changed the engine. No longer dohc and its all efi. I'm waiting to see how far people can push this new version.

What kind of shit diagram is this. Doesn't even point out the float needle and valve, and are noobs going to understand how the float bowl maintains proper level?

If you think engineers are actually smart, I have news for you. Engineering is basically fucking fingerpainting. Most have no regard for the reality of putting a machine of any sort together, let alone what will need to be done to maintain it. Put together a machinist and a millwright and odds are high that they'll come up with a significantly better design than many engineers who have been at it for years.

Nigga u blind

ya ok kid.
now go make sure that bearing made by someone else 20 years ago still works for your customers.

I realize the world is unfair and most engineering and manufacturing is worrying about production concerns. not everyone can be cool enough to actually make the killer new product that a generation of stupid kids who brag on Sup Forums have to maintain.

>stop being butthurt about being inferior to the real geniuses like the design engineers.
I am a design engineer and I do massively respect metallurgists and some technologists.

Technologists involved in machining are dumb as a stick, they have no clue what they are even making and what's OK what isnt.
for them it's a fucking circle with tolerances they screw up, and then come to me like "whoopsie there's gonna be a 0.5mm wiggle, but it's ok right? And this extra hole we drilled on an accident, can we just weld it back together?".

Metallurgists, Welding and Coating technologists in the other hand have very profound expertise in their narrow topics and actually know what and what for they are doing.

>0.5mm wiggle
>mm
What's this? some kind of terrorist length unit?

forever kekkin at muskites

You have to be 18 to post on Sup Forums