>want to support AMD because they are good guys
>coffee lake is exactly what I need more so than ryzen

fuck what do I do

kill yourself

>because they are good guys
Every time

>coffee lake is exactly what I need more so than ryzen
Explain how you know this despite no official specs/pricing/benches

well supposedly has better single thread performance and IPC. Can be cranked to 4.5ghz on one core for emulation and stuff. yes I'm a gamer. deal with it.

Do you need a fire hazard?

>(((supposedly)))
Found the problem

You'll be kicking yourself when Zen2 comes out and you have to upgrade your socket to get the new intel goyware

that is skylake-x. Coffeelake will have better thermals.

No one is good everyone is for profit retarded.
If amd was in the same position it would d the same corporative bullshit Intel does
Use whatever is better and cheaper for you. Competition is good because it lower prices and bring new tech, not because we have to pity a company

Tbh everything about zen2 sounds like hyped up vaporware

Wait until coffee lake actually comes out and gets benchmarked.

Then buy a Ryzen because covfefe lake means nothing

>he doesn't know about all the illegal things Intel has done
>hueee just a corporation

It's everything to love about Zen but on IBM's new, higher clocking process, which fixes the one thing to not like about Zen.

I feel like OP does, only with Vega. I really wanna support AMD cause they're actually working on getting free drivers accepted into Linux. As opposed to Nvidia who's all "Fuck you, we're gonna fuck with our firmware just to trip up Nouveau, use our blobs, goy"

Ryzen has no ECC support.

yea I'll believe the nazi magic once it hits production.

why would I need that as a gamer? I don't.

If I remember right it will do ECC, but it's up to the mobo maker to include support for that on the board and in the BIOS, which not many of them bother with. Some might on the higher-end boards, since those are all about loading in every feature possible.

It's up to the motherboard manufacturer.

Which consumer product other than old i3s support ECCs?

>AMD
>good guys
Lmao you naive cuck. AMD doesn't give any more shits about you than nvidia. See vega pricing for example. They would do the same thing with CPUs if they had the chance.

From my perspective that was the retailers fault.

Goyim are always inferior to Jews. Jews are hard working smart people I prefer to stick with Jews and the Jewish technologies, especially I like goyim butthurt Jews cause.

AMD never changed their prices. The retailers did.

Riiiiiiight

>better single thread performance
Possibly, if they can get the clockspeed a little higher. However that 4.7 GHz is just a rumor as of now.
>and IPC
Hahaha, no. It's literally Kaby Lake with more cores. No IPC gains to be had, at all.

single thread performance is only relevant for old and outdated crap and any modern cpu can run those at sufficient speeds.

Why would you wait for Coffee Lake? It's months away and it's literally just Kaby Lake reskins. Current i5s rebranded as i3s, current i7s rebranded as i5, Skylake-X six core i7s rebranded as Cpffee Lake i7s. That's all it will be. There will not be any IPC gains. Clocks may be highers, but that's it. Hell the pricing may still be a complete robbery since Intel still doesn't have Infinity Fabric, they still have 6% yields and they have absolutely no way to make their manufacturing cheaper at the moment. And I don't think their board is going to like lower profit margins. They're funded and owned mostly by boomers, after all, boomers rarely even care about technology or gayms.
If you're really going to wait instead of buying an R5 1600 right now like you should, which will have a maximum 5% IPC difference with the 8700k and will at the time of the 8700k's release probably cost 150$ less at least (is 5% honestly worth 150$ for you? I mean I guess you can clock the 8700k faster but still) then why don't you instead keep waiting for Zen 2 which is actually going to have way better IPC and will actually be on a new fabrication process, instead of wasting your money on Sky Lake 3.0 We Promise We Got It Right This TIme Edition which is still not going to be soldered, will still come with an ass-tier stock heatsink if it has one at all, and if it does it won't be overclockable because Intel will still demand you pay a premium for an unlocked multiplier.
Not to mention the fact that you could just buy a 1600 and a motherboard now and when Zen 2 comes around you can keep your motherboard and just swap in the new, superior 7nm chip, which Intel won't have an answer for till Ice Lake in 2019 if they're lucky. And when Ice Lake does come around, if you bought a Coffee Lake chipset don't you dare fucking expect it to be compatible with Ice Lake.

Again, why buy anything from the greedy jews? 150 extra dollarydoos for a 5% IPC difference and higher clocks?

>implying another company in Intel's position would've acted differently.
I wouldn't trust anybody to act like a nice lawful corporation if they were in the position of a de facto monopoly. At least on laptops and desktops.

I'm so casual gamer that I just keep the mindset of voting with my wallet for the one that's not fucking you up on purpose. The difference in performance is always so small that I wouldn't even notice it and if I start to, I can just buy newer parts by then. I think this way is better than going after couple of FPS more and practically giving away your first born in the process.

What if Zen2 turns out to be a wash? I am scared I don't know what to do. I AM SCARED

both leaks we've had suggest otherwise

Intel's yields for 6 cores are actually bretty good.
Their 7700k actually has cores lazered off.
Yeilds sent the issue

The issue is heat and power.

Those aren't leaks, they're either rumors or Intel's dumbass slides that they always lie their asses off with.
>Their 7700k actually has cores lazered off.
This is peak stupid.

>cores lazered off
You're hilarious. We're talking about the same unit where 60% of the day is a GPU.
Intel's yields are terrible and they're even worse on 10 nm.
And that's not even going into how much Intel mismanages their funds. They bought Norton for fuck's sake.

It's a 7nm fucking process. At the very least it will be better than Zen 1 and if IBM is to be believed it will also clock higher. And you won't have to get a new chipset for it. Where's the scary part again?

I find myself in a similar predicament actually, I want a PC solely for emulation, seeing as Intel still has better single core IPC performance over Ryzen and higher clock speeds at the expense of possibly burning my house down, I feel kind of stuck.

Intels offerings are garbage and Ryzen just isn't quite there yet, and I don't know how long my FX 6300 at 4.5GHz is going to hold out for. I want to buy Ryzen, but at the same time it doesn't suit my needs.

be an intel shill on Sup Forums

earn that one shekel like a good goy

are you seriously doubting IBM, the company that managed to build a 10c processor running at 5.2GHz on a 14nm node?

what are you emulating? PS3? I can't imagine what else could not be properly run by an AMD processor.
And, if PS3, then yeah - just gonna have to wait for full multithread support from them, if they haven't implemented it already.

PS2/Dolphin, my FX6300 has served me well but it can't handle recording 60FPS/1080p at the same time, I've got a 1440p screen on the way too. I want something that just works, Ryzen may do but I haven't seen any kind of reviews in terms of emulation + recording performance.

well, if really desperate, then going for i7 6700/6700K/7700K with DDR3 supporting mobo (like ASUS B150M-A D3) is the cheapest smooth-performance solution atm (for 4-8thread supporting software)

This. I got a second hand 980ti just because I didn't want the money going to nVidia for a new GPU, and the V56 was outside my budget.

>recording 1080p/60fps
Ryzen 7 is speicifically advrtised for its 16 thread perfomance allowing it to software encode at 1080p60 without even affecting gameplay in AAA titles. Get that and you'll be fine. PS2 emulation isn't that heavy or multithreaded.
Zero reason to wait for Coffee Lake.

>Zen 2 which is actually going to have way better IPC
There are a few things that we can reasonably expect from Zen 2; higher clocks and more efficiency from a new process node, for example... But there's absolutely no way of knowing how much more IPC AMD will be able to get out of the design. It's possible that the first iteration was so good that they can't squeeze much more out of it. We should expect improvement, but saying "way better" is a stretch.

just noticed the "recording" thing and was about to say what this user did The optimal would be to go for Ryzen with 2 fastest DDR4 sticks you can find and manually assign separate cores for emulator and recording program for the most optimal performance.

they don't need any IPC improvements on zen2 to shit on intel though, that node has >40% higher perf/watt, they can literally copy paste the exactly same design on 7nm and shit on everything intel will let out until 10nm+++

I'll consider it further, I would only go with intel anyway if they had a serious price drop, which is unlikely given their jew status.

actually, I remember modern GPUs can handle the hardware encoding for recording with minimal CPU load impact.
But it has to be program that supports such thing (there's Shadowplay for NVIDIA and some third-party software is also available)

What's your graphics card?

Covfefe is "coverage", use it properly

R9 390

fucking this. i have a gtx 1070 and i'm getting an mg279q 1440p 144hz soon. i want the absolute best fps i can get out of this gpu on that monitor so the new coffee lake i7 ticks all the boxes for me. it's basically an r5 1600 blended with the single core of a 7700k

I prefer to use fraps, even though it's a huge performance hit. I've had trouble with programs like OBS showing a black screen, no audio/audio sync issues etc. AMD's version of shadowplay hasn't worked much better either.

THIS IS NOT OP! don't mock me.

GPU encoding is inferior

>Intel's yields are terrible

Proofs?
Do you have the exact 14nm++ yeild numbers for Intel's 6 core?
You sound like an AMD fan who thinks ryzen has 90% yeilds and Zen 2 will clock at 5.0ghz.

Have you not followed kaby lake thermal issues? I got an idea, throw 2 more cores and higher clock speeds under the unsoldered IHS. It definitely won't have thermal issues .

>coffee lake is exactly what I need
insurance fraud?