How do I convert a VN to .apk to run on my phone?

How do I convert a VN to .apk to run on my phone?

There's already a version of the game but it's old.

I already have Android Studio installed.

bump

What visual novel.

I doubt you'll be able to just convert a general VN to something that can just run on your phone.

Depends on the VN. You may be able to convert it to andorid, probably not.
There are no windows emulators for android that I know.
You can though use virtualization software to run windows on android and from there the VN, expect horrible performance and accesibility.

>There's already a version of the game but it's old
how often do VNs get updated?

It's not really a novel. It's Teaching Feeling.

>Teaching Feeling
Waa virtualization will probably not work, too much interaction.

By the way, what a wierd feitche. Not the worse though.

Do you have any idea what could do?

Because there is a recent version for Android, but it's in pablospeak.

Well if there is a version for android at least you know its possible. Your best bet is to get that version and try to patch english into it. Either that or take the english and do as the russians did. You're in luck becouse it's freeware.

I would try virtualizing first, just in case it works well enough.

In case I decide to patch it English, how do I proceed?

I don't have experience with Android applications.

Is it as simple as decompiling the APK in Android Studio and then patching?

Export as .ppt then view using powerpoint

Also, it'd be too complicated to virtualize. I've already done that before but it's too much trouble.

I will help you, I feel kind today.

First of all, do you have any experience with Android internals and how apk works?

No I don't think so. Since it's freeware you should be able to find the source code and proceed from that, but there is a high chance that none of the translators is giving it. (But check in case)

Without the source code you unpack (not decompile) the apk and then decompile tha java within and proceed. However if the game is well made you probably don't need to decompile anything becouse the dialogs should be on a separate resource file, interchanging that with the english version should be enough.

Take into account I've made some pretty hard assumptions thou. Good luck, good night.

First of all you have to open the apk and search for an xml file that should contain the strings of your apk.
The file should be named something like "strings.xml" or "En-en.xml" (in case it's English).

If you don't find this file there are two options :

-The text is hard coded on the application (not very probable but dumb Android developers do it a lot).

-The application uses other kind of loading for its text.

In the second case:

-Root your phone if it's already not rooted.
-Install lucky patcher.
-See if there is an English patch for your app.
-If there is no specific patch try using a general one.
-If this still doesn't work create your own patch and apply it with lucky patcher (it injects the patch).
-When patch is applied and you want to distribute your apk just do adb pull (android.applicationyoupatched). Then compare the original apk file to the patched one and replace the modified/new files on the new app pack. Then compile with Android Studio.

I see. Doesn't sound too complicated. I'll try soon, just need to download the apk

Can you give me more information on this?
I understand.

I doubt the translation is actually hard coded, they probably reused the one from PC and previous versions.
Thank you for your help, I'll try these.

Btw I forgot to mention you will need the English language file for your application. It won't be hard to find since if the app uses its own text loading system it should be the same on all platforms. It might even be a plain txt. But it could also be some weird format.

You should be using this option in lucky patcher (see pic). It is very easy to use.

>tfw you can't properly enjoy visual novels because the happy moments only remind you of how sad and lonely real life is

I'll try that and give feedback, hope you'll be still here.

I'm very grateful for your help, thought nobody would show up. :3

Np we are all a bunch of helpful faggots.

This isn't /vg/ gamer fag.

This is what appears when I open the apk in Android Studio.

It's the same as the PC version, but all the files are inside "assets".