github.com/gnome-integration-team/firefox-gnome
omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/05/sneak-peek-firefox-photon-linux
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curriculum_vitae
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not being able to spell ad nauseam

I came to the defense but I don't know what to defend

the wasted vertical space I guess?

Losing 25% of screen real estate? Who knows

Well yes thats annoying theres a Shell extension though which removes that huge bar for applications in fullscreen. It's called "Pixel Saver".

You can shrink it with a few lines of CSS.

That seems neat.

Thanks. It's literally just Adwaita minus the bullshit plus gradients.

Still absolutely horrible, there's still a title bar on top of firefox for no reason since it can't integrate well.

Chrome can draw it's own title bar buttons but you get ugly as shit buttons and fucked up borders.

The solution is to simply use a window manager and forget desktop environments, they literally all suck. Gtk shit look relatively decent in gnome, everything else look like shit.

with the new firefox backend, i've seen mockups of some good looking integration.
don't have a pic handy right now tho.
and sure you can say they all suck, but WM only isn't going to be the norm, DEs are here to stay.

What are you on about?

>defending it

huh

>stop liking what i don't

>what is HTitle

what? there are people that LIKE their precious vertical space being taken away?

that font rendering is pretty bad, if thats what you're referring to.

you tell me gonomfag

>vertical space being taken away?
Can you point to me where?

meh, you can get rid of all that shit, I just use gnome for some backend stuff. have extensions to disable hotcorners and top bar, and just use cairo dock

not even a gnomefag, i use XFCE
Htitle just integrates the action buttons into the titlebar

not an argument

How's that red hat cock feeling in your mouths, gnomfags?

Linux is RedHat

Is not GNOME's fault that SJWFox is not using the recommended HIG as pic related.

GNOME HIG is yet to be implemented in the majority of gtk applications.

>Adnausium
Autisium speaks

There is nothing to defend here
Go fight for a good cause instead

extensions.gnome.org/extension/1267/no-title-bar/

Solved

>tfw ditched GNOME for awesome 3 weeks ago

you must go back

not exactly gnome but close enough I guess and this is the solution that just werkz
obviously it only fixes firefox but when I use a 90% of the time when I use a non-gtk fullscreen program it's gonna be the browser so living with this is easy

The huge titlebar? of course not, it incredibly annoying. Good thing you canget rid of it as a workaround. Fortunately tho, seems that mozilla will finally implement CSD:
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1283299

Yeah, ur mum is calling me

So gnome needs extensions to look good. And yet people still defend it. I don't understand.

This is literally my FF. "Compact Dark." Loaded by default.

I only noticed today,but Wangdows 10 is just as bad.

damn my eyes

So Linux requires effort to do anything. And yet people still defend it. I don't understand.

Install chromium, retards.

I have more trouble using Windows 8, Windows 10, and MacOs than I do with Linux.

Whoever has borders on his windows is a space wasting cuck. (Except they are a few pics wide and only there when multiple windows are present)

This is indefensible.

>His tab bar is below the window border.
Stop wasting space.

Yeah I forgot how retarded that shit looks. And you can't install shell extensions or modify it because it just glitches the fuck out completely. Gnome is AIDS

I got it how I like it. If you like it differently, good for you.

There are no such thing as extensions. There are things they they call 'extensions' but in reality they're just turds glued together with javascript which make your desktop glitchy and break every update.

Next update Gnome runs on Node js

Actually, GNOME users have the upperhand here since they can embed the title bar into their top bar. See Non GNOMEfags eternally BTFO

>Glitch
Never seen one, maybe it's your piece of shit hardware from 1999

What are you retarded? Getting a new computer isn't going to fix them breaking their glitchy AIDS cloud based javascript extension system every update.

Seems to me the only difference between your so-called glitchy setup and mine is hardware. Or you are too poor.

>wahh wahh I have aids why doesn't everyone else get javascript aids to make me feel equal

Yeah, stay buttflustered. Shit works just fine and never seen a single glitch, poorfaggot.

So you are a retard then.

Windows IS meant for retards

And here am, defending gnome.

Who said I was using Windows?

>Not removing all titlebars

I can't fix this in KDE without losing titlebar interactions. I'd have to use the fucking taskbar to switch workspaces. I want to use GNOME but the wallpapers get compressed heavily, I dislike Nautilus too much, no firefox thumbnails.

how do i google things
how do i reduce the padding on gnome title bars
is stupidity nature or nurture
why are my parents disappointed in me

"Hide Titlebar on Maximized Windows" and bind a key to max/unmax or download "Active Window Controls" that integrates the titlebar buttons to the panel.

Yeah, posting made me switch the keybinds around a bit. I now have it set up Xfwm style to Alt+space for window controls. Thanks though user, I appreciate it.

>being retarded enough to use default settings
Just go back to windows

I've completely hidden the titlebar and bound close, min and max to keyboard. I move and resize by holding alt. My life has never been better.

Different strokes, if I were for keybinds I'd use a WM instead of a DE. I prefer a more retard/slow approach to my UIs, everything has to be comfy to hit under the effects of wearyness. I can't be arsed to remember my billion keybinds when i get home from work.

Three keybindings. One of which is Alt + F4 anyways. A long way to a tiling WM. No judgement tho, I'm too normie for a WM too and I'm trying to get used to one by using KDE with a tiling script.

Cheers user, I personally found out that WMs are too much fiddling around for a """lightweight"""" setup. I guess I'm not meant to script around a config file all day long. Now, back to wrecking my meat.

>using gnome in 2017

Gnome extension are shit compared to other programs like emacs. Their life time is to short and usually break a

Not me, pretty sure

>using gnome in 2027

>Linux font rendering

>adnausium

>firefox
heres your problem

Just a reminer that Unity7 should have replaced Gnome3 for the greater good.

stil the best DE out there.
Linux on the desktop is stuck in the 90s.

xfce is objectively the best DE
KDE if you want something flashier

No it isn't actually. OP is a retard, and purposefully avoiding the obvious fact that GNOME isn't the issue here. See

>tablet DE
>best
May be if you're stuck in 2014

That was my point.
If gnome is garbage but still the best, what about the others...
Budgie shows promising development, it's the first time in 20 years that a developer though about end users instead of his CV.

they could've done a better integration with gnome shell
github.com/gnome-integration-team/firefox-gnome
It actually looks so fucking beautiful I kinda want to have that look now. Fuck.

omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/05/sneak-peek-firefox-photon-linux

How did you do that? Is that an application menu in the top bar? Didn't know there's a good working one that doesn't look like an out of place piece of shit.

It's a GNOME extension called Pixel saver, it can embed the application titlebar into the top panel of GNOME

That's pretty good, but the look I posted is miles better.
And with tabs under the address bar, you could get a little bit more space if you're browsing just one tab.

Those bards are still hueg

I agree, the GNOME HIG is pretty nice. Too bad devs never noticed that

I hope Ubuntu 17.10 comes with a native solution to this

So you are a retard then.

>CV
What?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curriculum_vitae
You must be too young for that.

i installed it
Bretty gud. You can even move the app window by dragging from the top bar.
But there's still no good global menu - unless you really want to install that extension that is completely bonkers:
bits from older gnome UI, breaks every other extension for top bar - and so, I can't hide activities button, app icon and those retarded triangles
can't put the window title in the top bar and there's no close button (you could just press file-quit instead of having that dubious thing tho) - it doesn't work with pixel saver (If anything those two extensions should be one)
text order is fucking wrong - why app name is shown after the file menu - app name should be at leftmost (and the pixel saver puts window title before the app name - fucking idiots, and there's no gooey way to change it)
and it doesn't do smart show/hide menu on hovershit - you can configure it to show the menu on pressing Alt, but it doesn't hide it after that

It does some great stuff - it has a fucking search box for menu items, it's very fucking promising, but it needs work.

Here's what the global menu extension looks like right now, first at the top of image. It looks good, actually, I think some people would be completely content with that. And here's that search box, it's fucking great.
Not me lol. Here's how the top bar with global menu should really look like, third from the top. No app icon, no pointy boi, no useless activities button since there's a fucking hot corner. App name when clicked shows gnome's app menu, with quit option and shit - I really don't think that X should be present on the right side of top bar, but it could be hidden and shown on hover since you know it's there anyway, at least as an option for power users.
just the name and file menu that only shows up on hover, further decluttering the look - it's perfection.

btw vs code doesn't integrate with global menu extension lmao
but the chrome has a fucking file menu, I didn't even fucking know that (and thank the UI god I didn't)
and g has 2000 characters limit? ebin, simply ebin

gnome is so fucking dumb lmao

They already have a solution, it will work similar to Unity.

>Global menu
Bad idea, the application developers have to implement this by themselves, it should not be DE's job. What if there is an application that have lots of menu items and multiple tabs? (Code::Blocks)

Again, it's not how GUIs work. If Linux forced a standard GUI protocol or guideline the devs would be forced to have their menus work with global menu. I can live with menus in the top just fine actually

In some cases, the global menu just vanishes and you have to disable the extension. F.ex. LibreOffice and VSCode I think.