What do you think about this country and its people?

What do you think about this country and its people?

What does the flag mean?

On the other side of the river there are fertile fields, but we have shitty red dirt?

Yellow = Gold
Blue = Rivers
Red = Blood of those who died for freedom

>What do you think about this country
Drugs and violence

>and its people?

As long as you stay away from me I don't mind, the problem is you don't...

I dont

armenian genocide lie

Better than mexicans

>What do you think about this country
Drugs and violence

>and its people?
brotier

good accent, nice people, great food

although posters from there are absolute garbage

there was a THICC colombian chick in my accounting class. id sit behind her every week just to see that ass whenever she got up and she wasnt a butterface either. solid 9/10 tbhh

I love Colombia but stop sending refugees pls.

Culombian women are the best fuck

One word
Cocaine

I can't take a country with yellow in their flag seriously to be honest lads

Apart from that Congolombia has the most beautiful women in the world, period. France is the only country that comes close.

Hey user
Is el Salvador as bad as it looks in documentaries?

>gold is larger than the blood of these who died for freedom

somehow manages to have a stable economy and one of the biggest crime rates and poverty rates around

I spent a month in Colombia last summer and loved it. While it's clear the country has more than its fair share of problems with violence and poverty, I was blown away by the spectacular nature and incredibly hospitable and kind people.

I flew from Detroit to Bogota on a whim. The ticket was cheap on SkyScanner and I wanted to take a trip. I had no idea what to expect and hadn't been to Latin America before. When I arrived and took a taxi out of the airport towards La Candelaria, I second-guessed myself and started wondering what I'd gotten into. The plaza my hostel was near was run-down and full of apparently homeless people drinking and doing drugs.

However, I still went out to meet a friend and had a blast. Every day that I spent in Bogota I enjoyed more than the last. I made a lot of friends and never felt alone - if I sat by myself for more than a few minutes, I'd have Colombians talking to me. I had a lot of girls take me out to teach me salsa dancing. Didn't ask for money, didn't want drinks, and, when we'd go eat, would make a point of at least splitting the bill.

Went to Medellin and Santa Marta and Cartagena and Minca as well. I was sad when I had to come home and had been considering extending my trip and taking the semester off from school.

Absolutely wonderful fucking people and beautiful country.

10/10. I've been to about 40 countries and Colombia is probably my second favorite.

What did he mean by this?

Shit country but colombians themselves are pretty bro-tier

favorite country? least favorite?

Everyone I've known though is seriously crazy. Like they are your friend but you are kind of scared to be around them because you never know what the hell they are going to say or do to others.
Also when you bring up cocaine they always say the grow it for whitey not themselves but every Columbian I've know was a massive coke-head, making their scary fast and crazy behavior way worse.
That's my experience with Colombians.

Either go with him and be rich or go against him and eat lead and die.

Top five would probably be:

1. India
2. Colombia
3. Turkey
4. Serbia
5. Germany or Iraq

I promise I'm not meme-ing. I've traveled all over Europe and have been to Iceland, the UK, France, Italy, and a handful of other places. However, my favorite part of traveling is and always has been meeting new people. I lived in India for about a year and a half and have tons of friends there, as well as memories with my ex-girlfriend. Turkey was the first country I traveled there; I also wound up in Taksim and Gezi Park right when the protests started in May of 2013. Serbia was tons of fun, went to some places on a German friend's recommendation. Iraq was just plain interesting.

I've liked everywhere I've been. Can't pick a least favorite. The only city that I went to that I'm not going to intentionally travel to again is Athens. There was nothing wrong with it, but aside from the Acropolis and Greek Museum, it was ugly and boring as shit.

Pictured: Turkey-Iraq border

3/4 of its people must be sent to colonize the sun.

It's fine. Better than people think based on how it was 20 years ago.

I've known a few colombians, all of them smoke weed but most mentioned that they were against hard drugs. They know better than anyone how that stuff can fuck you up.

El Salvador is exactly as that IF you come here and search for those places, the average Salvadoran don't go there living his life afraid of his surroundings. But yeah, not as bad as people think but also not a safe country, of course.

If you weren't american I'd honestly think you have a death wish

Maybe in the US, colombians here don't do coke, they do another tipe of drug which is also obtained by that plant but it's cheaper and lower quality and have worse effects

Just got back from Nicaragua.

Going to India again in exactly one month. Mexico in spring, probably will do Honduras, El Salvador, etc, soon thereafter.

Pic related, from Cerro Negro near Leon.

What's your job? You seem to have a lot of time and money to travel

Nicaragua?

M8 you don't improvise travels in south america. It's legit dangerous

I'm a student but I've been working full-time since I was 17. Traveling isn't that expensive as long as you stay in hostels and don't splurge on unnecessary adventures.

I manage a logistics company now. It's not amazing money but I earn a lot for a guy who hasn't graduated university yet. Spending this semester doing freelance work in India and then I'll be getting my degree a while after coming back.

Then doing Peace Corps and med school. Lot of friends have done the same, but they're all done with PC and starting med school this summer or fall.

Pic is me chilling in Kashmir a couple years ago

>Nicaragua
>South America

Memes aside, I've improvised travel in South America several times.

I do take more precautions there than in Europe, the Middle-East, or India. For instance, whenever I check in to a new hotel or hostel in Latin America, I always ask reception how safe the area is after dark and at what time, if any, the streets get dangerous.

Don't know how I haven't been robbed yet, TBQH.

I like Colombia.

south america, central america, same thing. we are all one.

but really, you -are- suicidal. just take care.

Have been to Honduras? That is the one who is really fucked up

Nicaragua isn't dangerous m8. I've been there too. Pretty comfy and safe.

wew lad

To be honest, I always find that "locals" exaggerate the dangers of wherever they're from.

Based Bolivia and Peru. EVO MORALES FOREVER!!!

I meant to say Ecuador instead of Peru.

>Better than Mexicans
>One of biggest producers of drugs that screws up the Central America and Mexico

Of course.

Things are slowly improving in most places. Except for El Salvador, damn. I wish you guys luck with all this bs.

We are almost back to pre drug war levels.

Here, stats for other years. Wish I had stats for the 90's when things were more calm.

based US ally, will see the benefits of it while the rest of the lot see their countries go to hell

lol chicano tears. fuck off

I think the ones who exaggerate it are foreigners