What sort of enterprises use it?

What sort of enterprises use it?

Other urls found in this thread:

tecmint.com/big-companies-and-devices-running-on-gnulinux/
redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/nasa’s-jet-propulsion-laboratory-powers-planetary-exploration-red-hat-openstack-platform)
finance.yahoo.com/quote/IBM/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Governments... The NSA for example because they know Microsoft can see everything a windows user can see.

>what kind of enterprise
All of them.

Any mature company with a sizable Linux footprint is most likely using rhel. I work for a big saas company and we switched from RHEL to CentOS to save on licensing costs. (10s of thousands of servers)

>mature company
>linux

ROFL

tecmint.com/big-companies-and-devices-running-on-gnulinux/

I'll take the bait for once.
IBM runs Linux because even them can't be assed to run AIX outside of mainframes.
Same for Oracle, SAP and every other old money big name corp out there.
And virtually every web server.

>site
>linux hosting
>linux web courses
>linux tools

Kek nice try

The other entries are not valid? Get fucked

Being a serious business they have some client related articles on their website.

>linux
>serious business

>Google, Amazon, ibm
>Not serious

Just look at their financial stats. They deal in the several hundreds of millions if not billions of USD.

Or SUSE.

>linux
>serious

> 4 chan user reports that an Operating Sytem as an issue.
shock.jpg

Windows 10 isn't a serious system
>Something happened
>Something happened
>Ok

Microsoft just recently ( .NET runs on RHEL now )
Also recently, NASA (redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/nasa’s-jet-propulsion-laboratory-powers-planetary-exploration-red-hat-openstack-platform)

Red Hat is currently focusing on Hybrid Cloud PaaS services (OpenShift 3) with the idea that you can run anything with anyone, with RHEL as the core product of course.

Yeah and the important business applications are all on Windows Server. Don't kid yourself.

The SAP system information dialog shows me it runs on Linux kernel 3.x.
Don't kid yourself, I bet you haven't ever used R/3.

>important business applications are all on Windows Server

Even Microsoft uses GNU/Linux for their servers, genius.

RetHat is a multibillion dollar company.

Source?

Government contractors that need to use Linux for technical reasons but need to also "prove" to the government that it works.

Everywhere I've worked had windows, linux, unix.

Most places I've been will use RHEL for systems they want support on and CentOS where they don't.

I don't think it's supported anymore.

My University.

it definitely is, where did you get that info?

My bootyhole1 wanna taste?????

are you a literal child?

lol u tk him 2da bar|?

How common is Debian on enterprise level?

>Debian
>enterprise

Okay, Ubuntu then.

Lab computers in my university run Red Hat (version 6 I think).

I have had to work on a few e-commerce / linux hosting websites and the OS is usually Ubuntu.

I have not seen much Debian apart from monitoring and simple file servers, but I don't have that much experience in data center.

it's less common than RHEL/CentOS and Ubuntu LTS, but its not exactly rare.

All my company's servers are Debian.

bump

The worst kind

>IBM
Ha
hey hows it going back there mr 1980's?

Pharmas.

Source: Works for pharma software consultancy.

my school

I can't even tell if this is bait or you are that unbelievably retarded

My local grocery store runs windows xp.
They should die for this insecure OS.

me

Aerospace engineer at a very large company here, run my FEM models and most stress applications on Red Hat servers

AIX doesn't run on mainframes you retard, it runs on pSeries

LOL Oracle recommends running on RHEL or their own RHEL rebranded Oracle Enterprise Linux. They only support windows server for total idiots.

Youre like this idiot that I used to work with that kept arguing we should switch from VMware to hyperv. We had 75 hosts and 2000 VMs. Guy was a complete Microsoft zealot and a total idiot.

US DoD, especially the DoN

Pretty rare, you'll usually find Redhat, Ubuntu or Windows

You will find debian on workstations as you rarely need the highest level of stability on a desktop and reboots are not a problem.
As long as your machine does not crash on you while you're working, debian is alright and it's free.

>IBM
>dead company
pick one.
finance.yahoo.com/quote/IBM/
IBM has never been as healthy as today.

We ran RHEL for years but recently switched to CoreOS with docker enterprise because we only use containers now.

>IBM runs Linux because even them can't be assed to run AIX outside of mainframes.

more likely the inter-department cost for some of their business units inhibits them from.

oh. was Redhat Atomic not cool enough for you guys?

No reason to pay when you already have an engineer with the knowledge to troubleshoot everything

I work in a large investment bank and we use it.

SAP runs on SLES in Europe and RHEL in America. There is a Windows server because of Exchange, but the rest is Linux. HANA runs on Linux and most of R3 / S4HANA is mainly on Linux.

Not very.
Most large companies have requirements that all of the products they use comes with support.
That's why RHEL is the most commonly used - they have official support, where other distros don't.

Debian is definitely used, though, because it's incredibly stable and updates are sparse (less updates, less chance of change and breakages, less downtime).

What's the situation with the Russians now? Are they more or less on Ubuntu completely yet?

hardware manufacturers (dell, hp, fujitsu, sap, etc), financial corporations (mastercard, american express, payback, etc), government agencies (nsa, cia, etc), automobile industry (audi, bmw, mercedes, etc).

best operating system i have used and the pajeet support ain't that bad either

Lots of companies use Linux down to especially small and medium ones which constitute 85% of the economy;
but in all my years i have never seen anyone use Red Hat.
Red Hat is a meme.

small companies don't really care about enterprise support as it's just another cost issue if you break it down to that point. besides having support for hard and software with RHEL you also get coverage for lawsuits such as the famous sco law suit.
Not having RHEL or any other enterprise linux for core components is pretty dumb imo. If your sysadmin is an idiot resolving business critical issues will take to long, specially if you encounter a bug which you can not fix because you are not a kernel dev nor even a programmer.

it's all a question about willing to pay for business critical incident. imagine you have LSAs which you can not fulfill and get sued for that because you can't resolve your issues fast enough. wouldn't wanna go there if i had a business

A heavily modified version, yes