Linux is better, faster, more stable, more secure and more customizable than Windoz

Linux is better, faster, more stable, more secure and more customizable than Windoz.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EternalBlue
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, but windows just werks.

www.ubuntu.com

Yeah but I can't play Starcraft 2 on it.

If you have been in here for longer than a week then you may have already realized that OS battles are pointless since every major OS has its advantages.

Meh. I use linux because I like tiling window managers and the way it handles multiple workspaces, but that's about it. If OSX or Windows did either of those things better I'd switch.

muh games

>muh games
>muh work
>muh drivers
>muh staying with an os for more than 2 weeks

this is the comfiest i have ever felt

>>muh work
Name one thing Windows is needed for that I can't do with it in a VM.

literally just
>muh games

>linux is better, because I can run windows on it
The absolute state of linuxfags

>emulating windows to do certain tasks

lmao what di i need windoze 4?? when i can just vm it?>!

here's one 4 u, what can loonix do that i cant do with it in a vm?

Openbsd is better, faster, more stable, more secure and more customizable than lincucks.

>BSD
>Berkeley Software Distribution
>Berkeley
>Using sjw/antifa OS

Windows is a botnet, so a VM makes it easy to contain it without having to do other, possibly sensitive tasks in it. Even shitty Loonix distros don't spy on you.
Also, Windows Update is such shit that it makes 2006 Arch look like NASA's software.

>Linux
>Linus
>Torvalds
>Finland
>Sweden

What's with the circlejerk threads that pop up all the time? It's so boring.

>muh botnet free open source os
They find exploits every other week in linux, even ones that have been there for decades. Nobody will read the source of it, because there are millions of lines.

Also if you use CPU, you are already connected to the NSA

>Linux is better, faster, more stable, more secure and more customizable than MacOS

>Also if you use CPU, you are already connected to the NSA
not if you remove intel management engine ;)

>Nobody will read the source of it, because there are millions of lines.
People read the source of it all the time, you mong. It's some of the most prolific software of all time. Infosec nerds make a living off of constantly looking for security defects in this shit.

What do you get with Microsoft?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EternalBlue

Honestly I don't think muh games is really a good excuse.

Windows rolls out so many updates that its not uncommon for newer games to bug out.

Why hasn't anyone worked on a comprehensive OS that will play ANY game without the use of an emulator or virtual machine?

>2017
>not writing and compiling your own os

nigga what

>windose: sometimes games bug out very only sightly rarely
v.
>loonix: need windows emulation to run most games

do u see the difference

>muh games
PS4 runs on linux, and it's the best console of all time.
Linux is for gaming

for the sake of specificity, ps4 runs orbis which is bsd

ps4 is shit
also it runs on freebsd

bsd wins again

So does Linux, your point?

>no games
Steam
GOG
HumbleBundle
Browser games
Emulators
WINE
KVM

Yes, you have only 50% of the games available on windows, at least without KVM which gives you ALL windows games. But do you really need all the shitty games exclusive to it like pic related?

>make game making fun of progressives
>apologize to them
o i am laffin

Linux didn't work in 2002
it's a dead meme now, Linux is a comfy OS if you don't play video games.

yes, i like native support

when i want to tweak my desktop widgets and thumb through anime tiddy wallpapers i'll boot up my arch vm

Lots of Linux games are native. Even if they aren't they'll use WINE which is efficient enough for dx9 and below and won't cause issues.
Lots of windows games are bad console ports too. Mr muh native.

windose: if your game isn't on steam or emulated in dosbox most likely you'll have to down grade your current OS to atleast windows 7 which is now unsupported my microshit.

loonix: just uses an emulator.

anyway my main point is why can't I have an OS that "just werks" with all the vidya?
why is backwards compatibility such a snipe hunt?

Technically, WINE is native. It's a reimplementation of the Win32 API.

Yes Linux is but the distros out there are not

I've stuck with Fedora for three years now. I'm not a kid so I don't play much, even if I did, all of the games I'd want to play run on Linux. Me and my wife both work, yet have no need for Microsoft products and even if we did, our oldest laptop has Win7 + MS Office on it. Both of us prefer Linux over Windows for security, speed, customizability and ease of use. Most development tools are also easier to install and use on Linux.

Why would I use Windows?

>just werks
>doesn't even come with ethernet drivers

DELETE THIS
They do but each one of the 3 major Desktop OS is equally good/bad.

Pretty much sums up everything.

good thread. must have taken a long time to come up with it. a lot of brain power.

>linux
>stable
nice bait

>"customizable" is a valid point
Boy,I sure do love spending hours to make my desktop for weeks just to end up spending all the time in one program in fullscreen
Stock WMs are okay though

Servers wouldn't use unstable software. You're retarded. Linux is definitely stable.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

You don't call Android android/Linux, you also don't call it Linux.
You don't call macOS MacOS/XNU, you also don't call it XNU.
You don't call windows windows/nt, you also don't call it NT.
Therefore, it's not Linux, it's not GNU/Linux. It's just GNU.

What if his experience was of a Linux without GNU

>Linux is better, faster, more stable, more secure
Wrong on all these points.

from my experience with both operating systems, he couldn't be more correct

Being better than one of most retarded systems is not an achievement.
Linux is just a kernel, too. Its userspace sucks compared to Windows in desktop use.

gnu sounds retarded so I'll just go with "linux desktop"

>Why hasn't anyone worked on a comprehensive OS that will play ANY game without the use of an emulator or virtual machine?
They're already doing that, it's called Wine.

Only Microsoft employees have access to the Windows code, so it takes decades of work to recreate the API to work in other OSes.

it does, stop spreading rumors

Windows sounds retarded so I'll just go with backdoors.

Nobody will understand you but your choice user