USE PALEMOON THEY SAID

>USE PALEMOON THEY SAID
>THE DEV RESPECTS FREEDOM THEY SAID
>IT RUNS BETTER THEY SAID

Are you ready to disavow?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16504
github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/commit/fe75cfd88312409d2b93bcdcbe83b3f8fd5f554d
blocklist.palemoon.org//blocklist.xml
blocklist.palemoon.org/27.4.2/blocklist.xml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Manchild
kek

Well then, off to Waterfox or Nightly then

I use SeaMonkey XD

What did he mean by this?

Blocking the extension is pretty bullshit, but his points aren't wrong. AdNauseam doesn't do any damage to ad networks, just to publishers. The people using it have no idea what they're doing and are just looking for anything that claims to cause any kind of damage to a system they don't like, regardless of whether or not it's damage that will actually help their cause or not

GNU IceCat

>Well then, off to Waterfox or Nightly then
Please divorce yourself from the cancer known as Mozilla based browsers.

What's the alternative?

>inb4 le Brave

If people see ads arent working, they wont use them. Its that simple. And you can modify it to only target intrusive ads.

None of that matters. The add-on is not malware and is not harming users; Palemoon blocks it for ideological reasons, which goes strictly against everything Palemoon stood for before.

Websites still get their clicks, and they money they make from those clicks. The only people who lose are the advertising companies that realise these fake browsing habits data isn't worth anything.

Palemoon might as well just block all adblocking extensions.

Use TinCore (win/Mac desktop)

Former PM shill here. I absolutely jumped ship instantly. I'm using Iridium for now but I feel like a fucking refugee.

Good.
>a bot that clicks ads
>sends Google information about the websites you visit
AdNauseam is fucking malware. Now fuck off back to plebit.

>poisoning trackers with false fingerprints (which we are proponents of, ourselves)

Since they didn't talk about the alternatives, how would they go about doing this? From what I've read, AdNauseam seems to only target tracking ads, so I don't really see what the fuss is about. And just blocking ads don't seem to be 'poisoning the well' either.

Wow... it's true.

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16504

he's a piece of shit.

>meaning you wont be able to enable it unless you increase the blocking level in about:config to 3
whats the problem?

This is the only correct answer.

Waterfox is the way to go. It respects your freedoms, it will be compatible with more add-ons than Firefox once they drop legacy support (Waterfox is keeping it), and the developer said that he will never get involved in politics unless it's something that interferes with the ability to use his browser.

It's almost as if stallman was right all along

well, I guess it was good while it lasted. time to install GNU IceCat

>manchild BTFO

Its going to be time soon to switch to the moonmanbrowser once its completed. Already left most other services behind.

Le SeaMonkey
Faggot

AdNauseum doesn't seem to work on Waterfox, none of the ads show up.

>boohoo palemoon dev does something I don't like
You can still enable it by changing 1 fucking value in about:config, you guys need to stop whining.

The problem is the message.

>What's the alternative?
There's plenty of alternatives, if you just fucking look.

>AdNauseum doesn't seem to work on Waterfox, none of the ads show up.
Theyr'e not suppose to show up. It blocks them and then sends AJAX requests as clicks... in the background.

No, I meant none of the ads show up detected by AdNauseum. It's as if Waterfox comes with its own ad-blocker built-in.

>dev made 1 (one) mistake
>crybabies are already jumping browsers

There is nothing wrong with palememe as a browser right now there's no reason to switch yet. Also you think SJWilla or Google won't pull shit like this soon?

One mistakes that completely negates the whole point of the project.

haha you idiots. its good that you leave PM, more bandwith for me

The setting removes protection from actual malware.

They pulled it longtime ago and until he admits and fixes the mistake, yes, it's time to look for alternative.

>AdNauseam doesn't do any damage to ad networks, just to publishers
I'm ok with this as long as at least one of the two is getting damaged in some way.

>they fell for "we takin down gugli" meme
>they fell for the palememe
Keeps happening

Doesn't icecat have all of firefox's botnet shit?

I thought it was literally just firefox but with mozilla branding removed

There is literally nothing wrong with wanting to hurt google or to use palemoon

>I'm using Iridium for now but I feel like a fucking refugee.

I told you faggots from the begging to stick with Iridium.

Ungoogled Chromium

WATERFOX
A
T
E
R
F
O
X

the only people who use adnauseum are vpn kiddies and idiots

>pain the ass to install/update addons
>takes months to update

Yeah, no.

i'm so glad I don't care about this shit. freedom and privacy are myths, just use whatever the fuck gets the job done for you in the most convenient way possible. pretending you can stop anything is a joke.

>Waterfox was started back in March 2011 by myself (Alex Kontos), a 16 year old student.
DROPPED
I'll stick with the furfag, they know how to be productive with their autism.

If installing extensions manually is too hard maybe internet explorer is more your speed

Is using palemoon better than normal 32-bit firefox?

fucking animal fucker.

that's iceweasel

Weird. Don't you have another separate adblocker?

palemoon is like old nonbloated ff that still allows you to install ui-changing addons

>being this much of a drama queen

He is right tho. If the dev is being autistic about muh freedumb, then he should maybe keep it that way.

oh is palemoon falling out of fashion with the bandwagoners from this month
good

I've installed AdNauseam after reading about it here on Sup Forums and it was failing to block a lot of ads, so I switched back to uBlock.

Once publishers lose faith in ad networks, the ad networks will cut prices or collapse.
This is chemotherapy for the internet. It isn't pretty, it'll have terrible side-effects, but it needs to be done.
Take back the internet.

Alan Parker was a good kid; he often helps others and donates to charity. However, merely 2 weeks ago, he assaulted his uncle in the mall, nearly killing him for not giving him pocket money for Christmas. 3 bystanders who attempted to intervene were also injured in the process. You, being the judge, berated against the uncle, claiming that Parker merely made 1 (one) mistake, and hence there's no reason to punish him. "Anyway," you said, "You think the masses who don't donate to charity won't pull shit like this soon?"

>trusting a literal fucking furry
Would you trust a brony to fix your car or code your email client? Of course not

Until Waterfox and Nightly have the same issues, and then we move to Brave, which gets the same issues, so we use Vivaldi, and then eventually we'll be off to emacs I guess. Fleeing isn't quite the solution in the long term, unless we want to become browser jews.

We can fork Palemoon though.

It's not the number of crimes/errors/mistakes but the severity of them

I heard palemoon is developed by jewish furry faggots. So I never used it in the first place.

Needless to say I feel vindicated now.

>AdNauseam doesn't do any damage to ad networks, just to publishers.
For now. Things will change once everyone knows it's Google that's targetted, and if there's no publishers, there's no ad networks.

Pale Moon is still better than Mozilla morality wise....

Firefox should anyway no longer being used.

Mozilla turned Firefox from a customizable browser for geeks into another Google Chrome conformity embracing anti-unique SJW ware.

Going only for users who support the lowest common denominator and only for users who embrace the radical left side of political views.

Mozilla is a racist fascist NAZI team! Fucking cocksuckers which should all be removed from earth by force. Cunts!

And i am pretty sure.. Adolf Hitler would approve with them in an instant. Fucking Nazi scum should be purged, destroyed and forcefully removed by all means necessary!

HAHAHAHA HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHA HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHA HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHA HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHA HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHA HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHA HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHA

please be real

Quick Rundown?

You motherfuckers this is the addon blocklist file that the laughing user edited

If you're wondering, the comment is mine.

The whole thing isn't very elaborate nor hard to counter. Here's the diff: github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/commit/fe75cfd88312409d2b93bcdcbe83b3f8fd5f554d
Basically they changed one xml file, of which there's a fresh copy in every install, and then it's checked against this one: blocklist.palemoon.org//blocklist.xml
Latest one is blocklist.palemoon.org/27.4.2/blocklist.xml

Remove the Adnauseum entry, and you're done. No need to even fork the browser.

So palemoon developers secretly wants people to use it regardless?

wtf, i love palemoon again now

Icecat
The true free as in freedom browser

This

Fuck all this shit, I thought palemoon was our browser. I even considered donating to it. Fuck

Chromium is complete ass. Iridium seems the go-to refugee shelter, but it still has the horrible extension support and all the shitty quirks of the chromium UI which makes using it a fucking pain.

Sup Forums utterly BTFO.

Why would you use AdNauseam? It doesn't even function as an ad blocker. It loads all the ads it clicks, only hiding them visually. This means all those ads are still using your bandwidth, draining your battery, potentially tracking you. It isn't an ad blocker at all.

Name 1 (one) good website without ads or Patreon shilling.
No online shops/company websites.

>but his points aren't wrong
His points are wrong. The internet was never designed to be an economy. And any attempt to white-knight publisher's incomes is faulty. Pale Moon is now the enemy.

>Palemoon might as well just block all adblocking extensions.
Coming soon to a theater near you.

This is bad. I need as many people as possible to damage the system for me at their own expense so I don't have to do it myself.

It's using bandwidth more than anything, as it sends plenty requests, though doesn't really check the answers, which may down the road allow to easily flag it. But then it doesn't load the ads, just "downloads" them. Clearly it's not what you want if you want to maximize performance, but it does the job, and we will eventually see the effect of it.

Also Palemoon is still /our browser/.

>enter "about:support" in url
>"Profile Folder", click "Show Folder" to open profile folder location
>edit blocklist.xml with favorite byte pusher
>comment or remove AdNauseam part
>to prevent this file from being updated, either block "blocklist.palemoon.org" in hosts file, which seems to prevent more extensions from being installed as a side effect, or update the blocklist.xml version at the top with something with a lot of 9s so it's not removed.
>if creating new profiles, I suspect the other blockfile.xml present in the binaries will be used, so edit that one too if needed

Enjoy your AdNauseam-compliant® Palemoon™.

Just open the fucking config file you god damn cock gobbling mongoloid. He tells you right fucking there how to do it.
It would have taken you as much time as it took you to write this fucking post.

A thread died for this retarded thread.

>Also Palemoon is still /our browser/.
No. Palemoon is now shown to be rotten at its core, putting ideology into its decision of what to block with their browser, and turning "Your Browser, Your Way" into "Your Browser, Our Way."

The codebase is still good for now.

>Just open the fucking config file you god damn cock gobbling mongoloid
I wouldn't advise that. There's a whole bunch of blocks in there that save your ass on a daily basis. If you lower the security level, you may as well install every single fucking searchbar in the galaxy.

You'd have to be literally retarded to manage that. Though if you're the sort of person who would willingly install malware like AdNauseam maybe it's possible.

>malware like AdNauseam
Almost fell for it.

That aside, yes the blocklist saves your life every day, and so do adblockers. You have no idea how many malicious ads on very respectable websites try to push shit to you. Hell, I got a couple non-blocked ones myself and I have no idea how they got there on some VMs that I only use to browse a very limited selection of trustworthy websites, such as news sites, and big companies like Google, Twitter and Facebook.

The internet has become very, very complex, and any and every security is worth having on your side.

I have no idea what adnauseum is nor do I care, but the dev is usually pretty good about this sort of thing, so whatever.

I see no reason to give a shit.

I don't need to ask my mechanic or coder if they are one, it's their ability that matters. What a retarded argument.

Keyword “for now”.

Now that the developer has gone down this route, it’s highly likely more and more examples of this will manifest themselves. Point is, the direction of the browser can no longer be trusted.

I'm fine with this. Adneauseum is some spiteful tragedy of the commons bullshit. You ships use the commercial interests to make the web better, not alienate them. The internet has been driven by advertisers by its while history. The jews that run this extension are just jealous.

people dont work for free you commie retard

>listening to Sup Forums
>ever
wew

Threadly reminder that the furry PaleMeme dev is on record saying that javascript is not and has never been dangerous to run in the browser.

He's fucking incompetent. I still use PM though because what choice is there

That whole post is structured in a way that has obviously been supplied by some ad company.
The dev isn't capable of producing such lingo and form considering his field as well as his online (and offline) persona.
So in other words, PaleMoon dev was bought out by ad firms or some 3rd party sourcing to the copyright cartel.
Move to a free browser, this one isn't (and besides, the PaleMoon UI looks like diarrhea and it has too many limitations as a browser which is hilarious considering what it's supposed to be marketed as).

>I don't need to ask my mechanic or coder if they are one
Horse fucked

How the fuck did I not hear about this extension before? Sup Forums has turned to shit

Because you never made a suggestions thread.
It's not Sup Forums that's shit, it's you who's mentally deprecated.

wtf is a suggestions thread?

I meant mentally deprecated as a joke, but it seems i'll have to mean it seriously this time.