/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
[Deal Alert] Sony Xperia XZ with free 64GB microSD card is just $399.99 ($300 off) on Amazon
androidpolice.com/2017/08/25/deal-alert-sony-xperia-xz-free-64gb-microsd-card-just-399-99-300-off-amazon/

The Essential Phone Is Too Expensive to Have a Camera This Bad
gizmodo.com/the-essential-phone-is-too-expensive-to-have-a-camera-t-1798408448

Xiaomi Mi MIX 2: All the rumors in one place
androidauthority.com/xiaomi-mi-mix-2-review-794979/

Samsung claims the Note 8's battery will retain 95% capacity after two years
notebookcheck.net/Samsung-claims-the-Note-8-s-battery-will-retain-95-capacity-after-two-years.244370.0.html

Android 8.0 Oreo review: Vive la évolution
androidcentral.com/oreo?utm_medium=slider&utm_campaign=navigation&utm_source=ac

Xperia XZ1 Compact official pics leaked
xperiablog.net/2017/08/25/xperia-xz1-compact-official-pics-leaked/

Motorola Moto X4 Full specs confirmed, also passes the FCC
theleaker.com/motorola-moto-x4-full-specs-price-release-date/

The Nokia 8 may come to the US and China after all
cnet.com/news/nokia-8-us-china-variant-ram-rumor/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_620948.html
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_607539.html
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_635898.html
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb
kyokojap.myweb.hinet.net/gpu_gflops/
youtube.com/watch?v=fjV6YMFstBQ
buymobile.com.au/collections/new-releases/products/xiaomi-mi-5x-dual-sim-4gb-ram-32gb-4g-lte?variant=43916115212
banggood.com/Lenovo-ZUK-Z2-Pro-5_2-inch-6GB-RAM-128GB-ROM-Snapdragon-820-2_15GHz-Quad-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1050713.html
willmyphonework.net/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSfwtmcjDDL89KcsGZq2hwkgIddF1L9aep9UP6-zCWw/htmlview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for U11, best flagship

>tfw phone featured in OP picture
Only gripe about the 6P is the lack of an SD card slot, and abysmal user serviceability. Otherwise 10/10 perfect phone.

I'm on a nexus 5. It still just werks, no cracked screen even after being tossed at rocks in panic and dropped from extremely high places onto concrete.
Why should I upgrade to something newer?

My HTC 10 no longer requires a password BEFORE boot after wiping and reinstalling to upgrade from Marshmallow to Nougat. It asks after booting and getting to the lock screen, not before finishing booting. Did I fuck something up so it's not encrypted now, or did they just change how it works in 7?

Europoor here looking for a decent phone. Budget is €120 but would be willing to stretch to €150 if the difference is dramatic.

Currently looking at the Xiaomi Redmi 4x and Ulefone Gemini.
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_620948.html
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_607539.html

Not too bothered by camera quality, just want something that runs fast for videos and apps.

Is it worth getting 4GB RAM over 3GB for future proofing?
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_635898.html

Does anyone know anything about LeEco le max 2? Is it a viable thing to buy?

I'm curious.
How does the best smartphone GPU right now compare against a desktop GPU?

Like, what's the equivalent?

This is the one you want
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb

THESE THINGS CAUSE CANCER AND BRAIN DAMAGE. STOP USING THEM.

JUST STOP.

kyokojap.myweb.hinet.net/gpu_gflops/

>tfw OPO hardbricked after Lineage update
>tfw finally managed to unbrick it by pure luck yesterday
Was trying to make a screenshot of the recoverytool when it suddenly started working (it just gave errors first)
>it's now running android 4.4.4
>flashing Lineage hardbricks the device again
>flashing OxygenOS hardbricks
>can't install any other rom, results in hardbrick

Well fuck, im glad its working again, but now im stuck on ColorOS with android 4.4.4

/blog

europoor here, looking for a phone with budget of 350 euros

wanted features: fast performance most of all, for standard apps, not games
decent internal storage capacity, would like it if I can move some apps to the sd as well
good camera but this isn't as important as the performance
preferably already running android 7 or easily upgradable to 7

last thread someone recommended me the Honor 8 which looks excellent for the price but if anyone has a better suggestion at the same price I'm all ears

also thoughts on the sony Xperia XA Ultra?

>there are phones stronger than the Nintendo Switch out there
Another gen of shit hardware.

>No 3.5mm port
Disgusting. I'd rather get a proper phone like a Samsung S8 or Huawei P10.

XA / XA Ultra are shit, XA1 / XA1 Ultra are pretty good.

LeEco Le S3.

I've heard XA1 has touch screen problems though?

youtube.com/watch?v=fjV6YMFstBQ
>I made this video

Unlucky dude

Why tf u on Sup Forums then? go to /x/ or somewhere you can discuss your conspiracy theory stuff

> specs look good
> 32 gb internal storage, double the XA ultra
> 23 mp camera damn
> hey this looks really goo-
> 1280x720 screen res
> cheaper AX model has 1920x1080

just why

What's the best phone under $500? Looking to pick something new up

720p perfectly fine on a 5" display, my phone is 5" 1080p and I'd rather have 720p for more battery life and better performance.

>cheaper AX model
which one is that?

Well an issue like that is covered by warranty so if it happens they'll replace or repair your phone.

Oneplus 5 or LG G6

It's well researched and documented reality. Including "muh peer review".

This goes back to the 50's.

They didn't have smartphones in 50s though

When will O arrive to S8?

sorry nvm I messed up due to a local site putting the XA Ultra on sale, it's only 20 euros more than the XA1

They had pulsed microwave fields in the 50's, and the same underlying principles apply.

Honor 8

Zuk Z2 Pro

How many people here have rooted their android phone?

How many phones have you rooted?

I've had an Xperia U, LG G3, and now OP5, all rooted. The first two had custom ROMs, not sure if I'll bother with the OP5 yet

Whats chink shit Android like?

Will it utilise the hardware?

buymobile.com.au/collections/new-releases/products/xiaomi-mi-5x-dual-sim-4gb-ram-32gb-4g-lte?variant=43916115212

I rooted my old Xperia Neo V because it had an obscene amount of bloatware thanks to both Sony and my carrier

Now I have a Moto G5 with virtually stock Android and I'm not sure if rooting it is worth it since there's not that many default apps I want gone and unlike with the Neo V (which had a pitiful amount of internal storage) these google apps don't take up that much space

The only reason to root today is for Adaway so you can forget about every ad. Android has come a long way since 2.3 days.

Have these cunts ever made an original game? How do they get away with so blatantly ripping off every major AAA franchise?

I would also like to know this thing

THESE THINGS CAUSE CANCER AND BRAIN DAMAGE. STOP USING THEM.

JUST STOP.

They target non gamers people on their phone.

These things?

Why do they have too, AAA franchises are just derivative shit anyway.

agreed, it's amazing and extremely comfy to use

So does looking at a computer screen.
How are you here?

Kek

Xrays and ELF generally cause single strand breaks, which are rapidly repaired. Pulsed fields however cause the formation of peroxynitrite and hydrogen peroxide, downregulate superoxide dismutase and gluthionine reductase activity, and thus spur lipid peroxidation, protein malformation, mitochondrial damage, base oxidation, and double strand breaks. Degredation of BBB integrity via iron sulfate group disruption also occurs, as metalloproteineases are particularly vulnerable.

I also have my computer in a shielded box. Monitor and wiring, oh well. I'm well beyond vulnerable developmental windows for leukemia, etc. Melatonin synthesis may or may not be fine.

Do not upgrade, it's useless if your battery is fine and that you don't care of camera quality.
Install LineageOS and you are fine.

Does Android 8 include anything worth upgrading for?

What the best icon pack for a minimalist vibe?

Not really.

Min or Lines

>wileyfox swift 2 plus
>€190
>has everything I want, super impressive
>no problems after 6 months

What do you guys think of this chink brand? The only downside is the battery life but I use my phone too much anyway, so I'm pretty hard on the battery. I bought my brother one too and he really likes his.

>galaxy j7 v
is my phone a botnet?

Huawei P10 Plus o Galaxy S8? Why?

all phones are botnets

And cause brain damage.

is there an updated list for chink phones?

Only if you plan to flash LOS on it, the default ROM is horrible and the company is dead. good value otherwise.

What's the best launcher for a slow oldphone?

Just look through some minimal ones on play store

Anyone in the UK ever ordered a phone off a European amazon site?

The Italian amazon currently is having a sale for the phone I want but I am not sure if the phone and instructions come in English or whether is comes with a USB charger as well as a plug charger since UK and EU use different sockets

I've not ordered from Italian Amazon, but I've never had a phone where you couldn't select English when you first boot it up

What would be a reasonable upgrade to my Nexus 6P?

Let's go fighting OnePlus 5 desu

Is any of those phones (Galaxy S8 and Huawei P10 Plus) probably going to be compatible with Lineage OS in the future? Which one is the best one? The cost is not a problem, I have to choose one of the two from my carrier and the price is the same.

Student poofag here, saw someone like me above but I'm looking for more opinions, saved 400 euroshekels, what's the best phone that I can get for it? Looking for performance, general apps like fb/whatsapp/word not games, things that I can use in university.

Hey guys I was going to buy this phone but I just realized that I will spending a lot of time in the Bahamas. I wanted to know if the phone will work with their phone carriers in the Bahamas ? Or will I have to get the other phone an user recommended me (An HTC 10). Also is this a good place to buy a phone from ?. banggood.com/Lenovo-ZUK-Z2-Pro-5_2-inch-6GB-RAM-128GB-ROM-Snapdragon-820-2_15GHz-Quad-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1050713.html

I know I keep asking about this phone, But because it will be my first phone ever I want everything to go smoothly.

willmyphonework.net/

They may not have the phone in the list, but at the very least the website will tell you what bands major Bahamian carriers use.

SD 835 -> 567 GFlops
Xbox360 -> 240
PS3 -> 229

Wat.

I don't think it will work there will it ?.

Thanks man

Lg G6 is 400€ in amazon.es right now

Does anyone know of an image viewer that doesn't rely on file extensions and uses the magic number instead? I need to look through the cache folder of some app for a few images and none of the files have extensions.

But for that performance you could probably get a mi 5/5s

Can easily write one.

Why is the pixel xl still an expensive piece of shit?

Do anyone has that browser performance picture(most recent version)?

no 4g, but if you have a strong 3g signal it will be adequate if you're just going there on holiday

>tfw your phone is 2 years old and it is still getting monthly updates.

what phone?

Note5. Just turned 2 on the 21st of August. Just got an OTA security update fo August.

Are there any phones with decent wifi radios?

Even with a 4x4 access point and VHT80 capable MU-MIMO access point my phone doesn't break more than about 400mbps.

The link speed reported by the router to my phone is 867mbps, which I assume is the limit of my Note5's Wifi radio. So anything newer able to achieve better throughput?

Hey thinking about buying a Xiaomi Note 4 Global

Does anyone have the google spreadsheet for the different versions?

Cheers

Wifi causes brain damage and infertility.

>iOS wallpaper
>OnePlus memephone
>Google botnet
>shit battery life
Hmm no thanks.

is moto g5 a good budget phone?

How is that surprising? There's over 10 years between them

Here
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSfwtmcjDDL89KcsGZq2hwkgIddF1L9aep9UP6-zCWw/htmlview

Should I buy a Pixel XL right now? It's looking like the new one wont have a headphone jack. I'm sure the old one will go on sale soon but I'd rather not risk them being all sold out by the time it comes around.

Good thing i've got brain power to spare and have no desire for children in my life.

Now, what phone has the best wifi radio?
Looks like the Galaxy S8/S8+ and Note8 are probably it.

priv desu

Why is the Note 8 33% more expensive than the XZ Premium?

Smaller screen
less RAM
No Spen
IPS instead of OLED
Dual cameras

And the fact samsung is far more well known for their cell phones compared to sony.

What's the best android phone for security and can be degoogled?

The Xperia XZ Premium has a 4K RGB IPS LCD display. The Note 8 has Pentile OLED and is a far smaller resolution.
The camera is probably the same cost as the two cameras on the Note 8.
So the only valid differences are the digitizer and RAM.

So, I have this bluetooth controller (Mov 055 from Steren) on a Moto G 5, and it has different modes. When using the movement stick on gaming mode it keeps repeating the last action (e.g., Forward), which makes it impossible to play. How would I discard if the issue has to do with the phone or with the controller?

How the fuck are you going to pretend a single camera costs the same as DUAL 12MP cameras?

Almost all reviews say the S8 camera for still pictures is basically just as good, the Note8 comes with TWO of those cameras, one telephoto, the other wide angle BOTH with optical image stabilization (the first in a phone).

Further, OLED is better than IPS, period.
Reviews even say, unless you've got a huge amount of 4k HDR content, the S8 screen is better, and the note8 screen is identical, just bigger.

You're pretty obviously a sony fan, but most people aren't as is evidence by their smartphone sales figures.

google pixel worth it?

Takes a little tweaking but the result is well worth it.

>buy Moto X (any model will do)
>turn on airplane mode
>put it in the microwave
>set timer for 45 minutes
>go for a walk outside and buy an iPhone