Why isn't there some GNU version of fucking google translate??? I don't want jewgle tracking me

Why isn't there some GNU version of fucking google translate??? I don't want jewgle tracking me.

and what are you translating? 80% of the internet is in English

retarded post

I'm not a native speaker. And sometimes I just want to quickly see a definition of a word rather than to translate.

I use TOR for my google related activites.

You can try using bing/microsoft translate. It's slightly poorer but for some languages works well enough.

TOR is slow. I switched to StartPage almost two years ago, and it's still painfully slow. And sometimes over TOR google will ask captcha to verify that I'm not a robot.

>switching one botnet for another
I wish there was a free alternative, is it hard to make a translator?

Because making a good translator requires actual R&D and talent, non of which are free or even cheap.

Assuming a non native English speaker or even native speakers know every fucking word in the English dictionary.

Fucking retarded autist

There is, you upload your text to an Sup Forums thread and it automatically translates it in a hover box

yandex, if you don't mind the russian botnet

I'll look into it.

Can't we just crowdsource some kind of Sup Forums translator?

This desu, they're the best botnet to pick since they're far way/speak a different language and thus don't care as much about you

Since you have no clue how hard it would be to develop something close to Google translator it's better you just shut the fuck up.

Yandex

this but unironically

you shut up!

just wait for AI

I use google translate to translate things not on the internet. I live in a foreign country and google translate is a godsend.

>Why isn't there some GNU version of fucking google translate???
There is. It's called learn another fucking language.

:^)

>definition
Merriam Webster or literally any other online dictionary.