Redpill me on Void. Why should I use it instead of Arch?

Redpill me on Void. Why should I use it instead of Arch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mL5oLIHe5gw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

to increase your autism level

>no real doc
>nobody use it
If you have any specific problem with it, you're fucked

I personally use it because of runit, which is superior to systemd. The xbps package manager is also very fast.

There's a helpful community and most documentation in arch or debian wiki can be applied to Void if you aren't an imbecile.

>I personally use it because of runit, which is superior to systemd. The xbps package manager is also very fast.

Sounds good, xbps looks interesting but I really like pacman. Rolling release and no Systemd are the main reasons I want to change. Wanted to try Devuan, too but packages are old as fuck.

Works like Arch for me, it's just faster to boot because of no systemd botnet.
The only downside is the xbps syntax (longer to write than pacman) but you can use aliases for that.
The logo is cool (arch logo is ugly shit in my opinion).

How is runit better than systemd?

It's not made by lennart

Boot faster than systemd on my pc.

you can have your name 0day without getting free root

SSD boot times on 5400rpm HDD
None of the systemd wontfix botnet hooks
KISS

No backdoors

musl

special snowflake points and desktop threads

No systemd.

Why does void use dash as default shell for root instead of bash? I actually thought my OS was broken because I was expecting bash and it wasn't behaving properly.

I'm actually interested in this, if anyone has an actual answer, like from a technical point of view. I know most criticisms of systemd have to do with feature creep and Lennart memes, but what the hell does runit even do differently? Or even OpenRC for that matter.

It's not 300k lines of non-audited, buggy C code with tendrils reaching seemingly every part of the system

If systemd crashes the whole system crashes, because everything is linked for no fucking reason.

Why not just use Arch with runit/openrc? I don't want to give up the AUR.

void has a system similar to aur, xbps-src, but it's not important because they actually have a decent repository

youtube.com/watch?v=mL5oLIHe5gw

Because they aren't officially supported so when an Arch packages is compiled with systemd as a dependency you're fucked.