Youtube Censorship

Had an idea on how to bypass youtube censorship. What does Sup Forums think?

Users install a browser add on.

Add on detects a partially censored video page.

Injects its own external comment section with the comments hosted on an external service.

Etc. for likes/dislike ratio etc etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6SJNVb0GnPI
steemit.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_hosting_services
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_hosting_services
youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc
dtube.video/?
lbry.io
bitchute.com/video/qzEkR1UJKU90/
github.com/mewfree/youtube-dl-subscriptions
latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-google-youtube-20161027-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think a bigger issue is lack of embeddability.
youtube.com/watch?v=6SJNVb0GnPI

We generally want to go in the opposite direction of injecting objects into the page

Not a bad idea desu, sounds quite fun to make actually.

Agreed, but I don't think YouTube will budge on the issue. I don't think a YouTube alternative is feasible.

At least they are still providing a link to watch the video. If anything having a big black box saying you can't see the video here might have a Streisand effect.

I would make it personally, it honestly doesn't sound that difficult but I lack the time with work now. I wanted to throw the idea out if any Sup Forumsentleman wanted to bite.

The tricky thing would be marketing it and trying to make it popular and not just make the comments / like ratio and echo chamber.

Prepare for a PR nightmare when it gets used exclusively by Sup Forums retards that dissuade the general public from actually using it.

To be honest this is the major weak point I am seeing. ((( ))) all over again.

> bypass youtube censorship.
You could also use youtube-dl (or any frontend that uses youtube-dl). Or use any mediaplayer that can play youtube videos directly (mpv).

>Injects its own external comment section with the comments hosted on an external service.
That sounds horrible. Comments sections on places like youtube are dumpster fires. I don't want to read comments on YT or any other site.

Also
>censorship
YT isn't a government. They can decide what that want to show or remove. They have been giving warnings about content for a long time (so called age restrictions). If people don't like their videos being 'censored' then they can use other video sharing services or host the video on a personal server.

Anyway, if you want to get around the annoying message then I would recommend you focus your addon on playing the video. Adding your own comments (from an external service) is just asking for trouble IMO.

>Race Differences in Intelligence
Oh Sup Forums

Someone start a git repo, LETS DO THIS

I'm sure this will be as successful as every other collaborative Sup Forums project...

Moderate repub here.

While I don't support extremists, we can't allow our freedom of expression and ideals to be taken away under the false guise of offending someone.

You're going to need a logo.

that happens when you put a jewish woman as CEO of a company

maybe more adblock installs and addblocking mobile borwser would bring some sense into that cunts mind

Comment are probably one of the most potent aspects of a YouTube video as they express sentiment about a given topic. Consider some propaganda video with the top comment being something which is totally against its own narrative.

I agree that YouTube can choose to remove whatever video they want but they are an incredibly powerful service which have monopolized a great deal of portion of information on the internet.

Segmented a video on your own personal server is a great way of never having a discussion and never having any other people see it and having their view points changed.

>Race differences in Intelligence
People laugh now but won't be when it spreads to whatever other information the politically biased YouTube and anti defamation partners deem as 'wrong think'.

>I don't think a YouTube alternative is feasible.
Could Steemit have a chance? You can post videos and kind of get payed even to partecipate in the community, after all.

steemit.com/

>help, a private company hosting a private website won't let me monetize my video where I shout nigger for 50 minutes
>THIS IS CENSORSHIP!

>a private company
*a monopoly. Google should be treated as a monopoly and different laws should apply.

Much easier to burn a straw man than to actually argue.

Yes, because being a "race realist" is a legitimate argument.

You mean the same retards that youtube is exclusively targeting? fuck off, shill

There are other video hosting sites, Google is not a monopoly. Just upload your videos somewhere else

see

>Google is not a monopoly
according to market share, they are

I know it's unrelated but how do video hosting websites make money

>giving a fuck about the "reasons" they put up for doing that shit
Censorship is never justified. NEVER.

Advertisements I think.

>Comment are probably one of the most potent aspects of a YouTube video as they express sentiment about a given topic.
I couldn't disagree more. On popular or trending videos many of the comments are bots. Much of the non-bot posts are "NOTICE ME" or clickbait. In my experience there is rarely every any meaningful discussion...just like on most social media sites.

>they are an incredibly powerful service which have monopolized a great deal of portion of information on the internet.
They are indeed incredibly powerful. They have enough money to fight off lawsuits that kill off many of its competitors. But there are competitors although they are nowhere near as popular.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_hosting_services
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_hosting_services

>Segmented a video on your own personal server is a great way of never having a discussion and never having any other people see it and having their view points changed.
As I said before, I think social media is a shitty place to have any serious discourse. If your videos see any kind of popularity then the comments section will be inundated with bullshit. YT is a terrible place to try and have discussion IMO.

>when it spreads to whatever other information the politically biased YouTube and anti defamation partners deem as 'wrong think'.
YT makes money pushing ads. Full stop. They are going to favor content that helps them make money. Anyone with 'fringe' opinions or controversial topics will face more obstacles than some video of a baby dancing to Prince...oh wait, they will have issues as well if someone reports them as violating some dcma bs.

TL;DR
1) youtube only cares about making money.
2) Trying to have a discussion on YT is stupid IMO.

Then stop using YouTube, then it won't be anymore

Ouch! What an argument.

Are you going to sit back and hope for somebody else to solve your problem or are you going to become the change you want to see in the world?

Someone should have told that to the fucking niggers

Instead niggers got laws changed that forced people to have to associate with them and people called it ""progress"".

Loss of freedoms is progress.

OP here. I'll probably code it little by little.

It's not censorship when a private company refuses to let you use their platform you fucking dunce.

Interesting to see this enormous spike in view count for this video.

If google was a country, its gdp would make it the 66th largest country in the world.

at some point with how powerful these companies are, google especially where they have near complete control of the internet through ads and ad revenue, we have to stop seeing them as a company that can do anything they want because 'they aint the goberment they cant censor, only the goberment can'

>civil rights legislation forces everything from public services to even my small business to serve African Americans
>free speech? LOL this is a private enterprise bucko, who cares if it's a practically a monopoly and there are no alternatives

>we have to stop seeing them as a company that can do anything they want
I don't think anyone ITT has implied that Google (Alphabet) can do anything they want. The OP used the word "censorship". I don't think want Youtube is doing is censorship, if I allow others to use my servers for free then I have the right to dictate what content they get to upload. And if I want to add a warning that is well within my rights.

Youtube/Google/Alphabet does a lot of shady things. Adding warning labels doesn't fall under the category of shady IMO. Furthermore, if people don't like YT/Google/Alphabet policies then they should *avoid* using YT/Google/Alphabet services and software.

>Youtube is bad because of reasons, but I have to use them because they are so popular.
That doesn't make sense to me. YMMV.

>I don't think anyone ITT has implied that Google (Alphabet) can do anything they want. The OP used the word "censorship". I don't think want Youtube is doing is censorship, if I allow others to use my servers for free then I have the right to dictate what content they get to upload. And if I want to add a warning that is well within my rights.

You have the only, and biggest platform for hosting user made content, by a VERY wide margin, and so far its operating at a loss, so if any other company that does not have resources to absorb a 2-5 billion dollar a year loss takes some of the youtube market, they will be in the same boat without the ability to absorb the loss.

Like it or not, youtube is a very important thing that google is gifting people either because they also see the good it can do, or because they get such good data its worth the billions loss. or possibly they saw a chance to be able shape a narrative and are playing a long game, I have no clue.

as for 'you don't like google/alphabet services, stop using it' there isn't much of an option out there anymore, with many of the alternatives piggybacking off google's own data.

Google became a monopoly, there are competitors, but that's like saying a baby is a contender in a heavyweight boxing match because it put on gloves.

unless he outright lies about everything in the video, nothing he said was blatantly wrong.

>Adding warning labels doesn't fall under the category of shady IMO
It's not just warning labels, it's actively making sure the content gets buried.
The entire goal of this is to make sure that the masses (normies) don't get exposed to certain ideas, lest they become normalized, while also pushing their own propoganda (creators for change).
Google has even stated that people searching for controversial topics will, in the future, be directed to a curated playlist trying to "steer them in the right direction".
And besides, nobody can goe toe-to-toe with google because of their vast resources, except MAYBE Facebook, but we all know how Zuck is about free speech.

Lauching an alternative is off the table. It will get hijacked by Sup Forumstards and his masters and it will basically be career suicide for the founder, and unlike moot, google won't be hiring anyone involved.

It is not impossible, it's just that no one is willing to take the burden of being the messiah for the rednecks and modern eugenics of the world. No one wants to build a platform for these kind of people.

Not to mention that this all is just a fad.

How about stop trusting large corporations to believe in high ideals?

Also stop being a brainlet and read.

If you are not concerned about any of this you really need to read Huxley's brave new world and Orwell's 1984
Also read Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Archipelago while you're at it

Maybe it's time to accept that you Sup Forums racists are a minority unwanted by the rest of us?
If you hate YT so much, just stop using it and use something else.

It's that no one can afford it. Even Google can't afford Youtube, and its PB after PB of bandwidth every second, and its data centres as large as a warehouse.

>reading

If people read there wouldn't be so much panic over a video-hosting site.

>You have the only, and biggest platform for hosting user made content, by a VERY wide margin, and so far its operating at a loss, so if any other company that does not have resources to absorb a 2-5 billion dollar a year loss takes some of the youtube market, they will be in the same boat without the ability to absorb the loss.
YT is the largest service for hosting user made video content. That doesn't change the fact that you or I don't a right to post our content there. If YT wants to add a warning, they get to do that. If YT wants to remove a video, they get to do that (for the most part).

>youtube is a very important thing that google is gifting people either because
YT is free because they make money off of ads.

>there isn't much of an option out there anymore,
There are plenty of options. Refer to the wikipedia links above. You may not like the other options because they don't reach as large of an audience as YT. But they are still options. Don't use YT if you don't like YT.

Personally, I don't find YT to be all that important. I'll watch movie trailers when they are released. I'll use YT to download music (muh bitrate). And I'll watch silly clips from shows. If YT closed down tomorrow, I really wouldn't care. It isn't important to me.

Some people use youtube as a way to earn a living. Other use it to push an agenda. I can see how changes in YT's policy would affect those groups. But YT's hardware and software don't belong to those groups...they aren't entitled to the service.

Every year or so YT does something that pisses off content creators. Some move on to other services. Most stay. And the cycle continues. If you aren't happy with YT I would suggest you move on and not waste time with an addon that continues to use the very service you don't like. If the content is any good then it will resonate with people, regardless of the platform it is hosted on.

dtube is good as fuck. but god the setup has a weird process that needs to be normie as fuck to setup.

but there are alternatives already?

Bullshit. It's the opposite. If people started to read more they would care about this shit more. Because it's important.

Anyone know anything about LBRY? Could it replace youtube?

(you)
That's how it starts, idiot.

>please don't use addons goyim

why would anyone other than a jewgle employee care if people use addons to enhance their jewtube viewing experience by bypassing censorship and blocking ads?

This "fringe opinions don't make money" meme is bullshit. It's the opposite. Shit that make people angry get shared way more. The reasons are political and the responsibles are trying to push an agenda.

youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc

If people read more they'd realise that video does not lend itself to serious discourse and the idea that "political opinions are censored on video site" would be regarded as silly, because why would you put political opinions in such an unsuitable medium?

Are you fucking retarded? Videos are a very good medium, and yes it's perfect for political opinions. It's been used for decades and it works. Denying that is just idiotic.

Are you seriously defending what passes for political discourse these days? All what has happened is that they've turned "debates" into crowd pleasing platitudes, and broadcasts into advertisements.

The politician's way of speaking, in which they don't answer a question, but sound like they have, would never fly in written form.

>It's not just warning labels, it's actively making sure the content gets buried.
Yes, that is an issue for any content creator. How do you get people to notice your videos when 300 hours of video are uploaded to YT every minute. And add to that the "algorithms" that are used to determine what is trending and what shows up as related videos. But that isn't an issue only faced by controversial content creators...almost all content creators have to deal with that.

>The entire goal of this is to make sure that the masses (normies) don't get exposed to certain ideas, lest they become normalized, while also pushing their own propoganda (creators for change).
The only goal, from the perspective of YT, is to make money. What gets buried and what gets pushed to the top is motivated by profit.

My head is starting to spin. So just to summarize:
>YT censorship
>YT comments are "most potent aspects of a YouTube video as they express sentiment about a given topic"
>Pointless to use anything other than YT
>YT is politically biased
>YT is so big we must stop seeing them as a company when they censor content
>YT is so big you have to use them, no other real choices
>YT actively buries content deemed controversial
>No one can go toe-to-toe with YT...too big
I don't agree with some of the above. But that seems to be the gist.

>written form
Writing things down doesn't make anything more true or less able to be bullshitted.
Politicians, since the invention of spin doctors, will avoid questions no matter what medium it is served on.

Bullshit. Every political article on a partisan newspaper is on the same level of a politician's speeches, if not lower. You can find crowd pleasing "debates" there as well, or on the social networks where shit is in written form as well. Are facebook or twitter posts better than tv debates now just because it's written stuff?

How do you even watch the video?
Is it some sort of notpron exercise?

>why would anyone other than a jewgle employee care if people use addons to enhance their jewtube viewing experience by bypassing censorship and blocking ads?
I don't understand your post. Why would a youtube employee give a damn about the addons you have installed for viewing YT? As I mentioned above if you want to get around the warning label you can access the video using youtube-dl or mpv or whatever mediaplayer you prefer (it will also get you around the ads). I don't understand what you wrote or why you quoted me.

>This "fringe opinions don't make money" meme is bullshit.
I never stated fringe opinions don't make money. YT doesn't want certain types of videos...which was the point of the OP (and why I said certain videos will face obstacles).

Why don't we just find an alternative and start using it?
This looks nice, what is it?

forgetting the alt-right garbage for a second, youtube channels like Forgotten Weapons are utilising alternate sources of revneue like patreon since they know youtube has been purposefully shitting on those with troubling content. For example, content like forgotten weapons, which is a documentary series on lesser known firearms. But it's linked with constitutional rights via the 2nd amendment and this is troubling to youtube.

You can just do what youtuble-dl/newpipe/hooktube does and then embed some comment thing. We already thought about this, OP. We were going to call it ShoahTube.

Anyone know of a relatively efficient or clever way to scan for censored videos? I'd like to promote them on my tube type site.

I mean as in harvesting them, easy enough to determine if a particular video is censored.

This. The people crying about the "nazis" don't get that that's only the start. "first they came for x and I said nothing because y" et cetera.

I guess you could add Steemit and to the infographic as well (even if I never tried the second one).

What site? I'm interested. I don't know how to get those videos, tho. Sorry.

Steemit's video site is called Dtube and its already on there. Btw it requires a phone number to sign up so its shit.

Haven't tried LBRY yet. I'll try it out.

HookTube. Just started redesigning in bootstrap which will take a few days (completely new to modern design stuff).

Yeah, but thats because its the first instance. The spike in views will become less and less for further censored videos. It may kind of cause Streisand effect at this point, but eventually it will be effective.

>Steemit's video site is called Dtube and its already on there
dtube.video/? What is already on there? I couldn't find a list of censored videos.

Sidenote, dtube.video doesn't show up on the first few pages of duckduckgo when searching for dtube.

lbry.io
It's a protocol for content distribution and discovery that uses the blockchain

I meant its already on the infographic.

Also, you can find the race/intelligence video on BitChute complete with comments and memes.

bitchute.com/video/qzEkR1UJKU90/

Scientific facts are now banned on Google's properties. Make sure you install AdNauseam and fight back.

adnauseam.io

>HookTube
Is there a way to add my subscriptions YT RSS file to Hooktube or some other site? I don't even wanna go to YT anymore.

>large corporation isn't nice

HOLY SHIT STOP THE PRESSES

Maybe making yourself reliant on them was a bad idea, huh?

wtf i love choices now

nah this is unprecedented

even microsoft weren't this stupid

>taken down from any git repo
Reminds of when C+= got taken down from github. It was just a spec for a "feminist programming language" with rules based on intersectionality/mental illness. It was made because a feminist had written an article demanding someone make one.

Go fuck yourself. I've been against centralisation of the web for years and everyone started telling me I was an autist for hating convenience.

Well now these people that YOU have given all the power to and using this power, and you're complaining?

C+= was intentional satire

Now they're also mass-demonetizing male weightlifting and fitness channels, and I believe some male self-improvement channels. That's very obviously the work of the feminist whackos who infest the company, and you don't have to be >muh alt-right to see that it's very political.

wtf i love centralization now

>>youtube is a very important thing that google is gifting people either because
>YT is free because they make money off of ads.
youtube operates at a multi billion dollar loss, they make no profit from it.

Yeah I know, I ran the main twitter for it for a while.

>they make no profit from it.
They may not earn a profit. But there are ads. And people/companies pay to have their ads shown. They make money from ads.

Again, you're to blame. If you didn't encourage their growth they'd never have the power that they do. This is the end-point of the web as it has been becoming over the last 15 years.

And if people don't want their ads associated with this stuff? Should they accept a loss on these videos just out of charity?

Doing some research on it atm but looks like a nightmare so far.

I've only ever visited dogfisting.net and this website. I guess I should have branched out.

github.com/mewfree/youtube-dl-subscriptions

stop spouting this meme, it's not true. Maybe it was true years ago, when google first acquired youtube, but there's no way they'd have kept it up this long without getting something from it. Maybe they don't profit directly, but between ads and user data they must be making millions from youtube alone

>And if people don't want their ads associated with this stuff? Should they accept a loss on these videos just out of charity?
I'm not following you user.

some proof
latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-google-youtube-20161027-story.html
>YouTube's annual revenue has reached $10 billion and is increasing by as much as 40% a year. The growth makes YouTube “one of the strongest assets fundamentally on the Internet today,” Mahaney wrote in a research note this week.

That was a year ago, they're probably making twice that amount now

when will playlists work, senpai

I really fear this bullshit will leak to their search engine.

I own a travel site about amsterdam. And tourists of course want to know where you can find weed and hookers. Thats what Amsterdam is known for after all. But if google would suddenly decide its mature or sensitive content then you lose all your traffic.

>That was a year ago, they're probably making twice that amount now
Nope. Advertisers pulled out and YT lost billions.

what about liveleak? do they remove videos for hate speech?

It all started with bogus claims that pewdiepie was a Nazi.