>non-chiclet keyboard
>2.5" + m2 slot
>DVD removable for another internal 2.5"
>Quadro
>1080p IPS with optional 3200x1800
>around $500 for mint condition base units

Is this ourlaptop Sup Forums?

>used Dell Precision

It's going to be pretty hard to source those for cheap on eBay.

what model is that you fucking retard?

M4700?

Not OP but this is a Precision M4800. Reverence image search and you will find.

The W540 is basically the same machine and it's my laptop. So yes.

>Buying a notebook with no fixed function HEVC Main10 or VP9 10bit hardware decoding

TOP KEK

But that has a chiclet keyboard

>500 dollery doos
>m4800
Where?!

Not thinkpad, part of botnet, go kys fag.....

sketchy sellers on ebay

where buy

i thought so
Fuck

Precisions are bretty gud, yeah. Although I've heard the keyboards are not as nice as Thinkpads. I wouldn't turn one down tho.

And the dell has a shitty ALPS touchpad and thicker case.

Sit down kid.

>tfw you want one in good condition

I've used one of these, it's heavy as shit for a laptop of that size. If I recall the model I used had stupid shit like a Blu-ray drive and 32GB of RAM because the company that bought them just spec'd them out to the max.

>your company will never give you a max spec'd precision
>forced to use a shitty "muh thinness" gaybook to make angrybirds clones at work
>have to hide it from my friends when they come over or i'll get called a fag

Feelsbadman.

It was made as a workstation to do cad and shit that can be moved around.

I get that, the company where I tried it was giving them to everyone despite the fact that they had no use for the Quadro GPU or the form factor. Not really the computer's fault but having played around with modern slim and powerful laptops like the Razer Blade, I still feel like this thing is way too big.

As a reseller, I come across these pretty often. They do sell, but of course I've tried them out. The pointing stick and accompanying buttons are way worse than the ones on ThinkPads and EliteBooks (keep in mind some EliteBook models do have three buttons to accompany the pointing stick). the chassis on these precisions are great, however.

>slim and powerful
Pick one.

>not using a W520