Why do french posters have really bad english?

why do french posters have really bad english?

i mean most other posters here regardless of where they're from (latin america, eastern euros, turks) seem to have pretty decent english, but French english on here is either riddled with mispellings, made up words or bad grammar, or simply just reads as really unfluent (as in arguments are constructed in a very atypical way).

Is it because the French are too arrogant to accede to the might anglo cock?

also sidenote how come french people are so gay and love black people?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0q7FelI8Zxy
oxforddictionaries.com/us/words/punctuation-in-direct-speech-american
oxforddictionaries.com/words/colon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

English is basicaly more shit french

We doesn't want to spaek more shit langage

>Is it because the French are too arrogant to accede to the might anglo cock?
so this was the correct answer?

you're too proud to learn the world language because you're shitty language is becoming more irrelevant and extinct as time passes.

Chap, you spelled misspelling wrong.

vocaroo.com/i/s0q7FelI8Zxy

i was writing it in haste gotta go to the gym soon, just had to get this off my chest

>faguette

you sound like that iranian furry

>you're

Not me, that's just an old vocaroo I found somewhere while browsing 4chins

> dubbing
> Misplaced pride
> Insanely bad way of teaching languages in school

That's pretty much it, I think.

It's because all the French are weebs and are pretending to be japs

Do you give a fuck of learning french perfectly ? No, it's the same for us. English isn't our first language. I only use english for Sup Forums and some shows. My level is good enough to be understood by english speakers. It takes years to master a language by practicing on the internet. You can't do that OP because you are too retarded to master tow language, so stop juging us you massive gay ass faggot.

They dub all their movies and have a really purposefully awkward way of teaching it in school. It's the same case in Italy. They don't want the masses to be good at English, because they fear that it would automatically mean people would become worse at speaking their own native language. It's nonsense, but it's really hard to change. It's just the way it is. The Northern European approach is different. Not saying it's the perfect way to do it, but I think it's a lot better overall.

It's because scandinavians have no culture at all and try to adopt the American "culture". Fucking wannabe Americans.

The French, Russians and also Japanese have weird English for some reason.

Maybe it's because they have a lot of content in their native languages, so they lack an incentive to learn English properly.

But that could be also said about Germans and their English is good. :/

Maybe it's because german and english are both germanic languages, which makes it easier for us to learn. Although a lot of Germans can't speak english for shit.

>the world language
You mean American ?
Why are you too proud to learn it too ?
Why do you cling like that to your "british" ?

I tell you one thing that French posters do that seriously pisses me off - that bullshit with punctuation.

Seriously, there is no space between the end of a sentence and the punctuation mark. Ever. Please stop doing this.

>correct way of talking English
That's the fun thing though, there doesn't seem to be any.
You basically need to tranlate 150years old texts in modern English since it evolved so much most people can't understand it.
All over the world, people write English like they want, without really caring.
>Neighbor vs. neighbour
etc.

I'll justify the arrogant and condescending French stereotype, but that's not a 'real' language you got there. It's not codified as much as it needs to be, you don't put any efforts in making people all over the world speak/write a correct English. etc.

You're right, it's supposed to be a half-space, but Sup Forums doesn't support it.

What ? I don't see what you're talking about .

>You're right, it's supposed to be a half-space, but Sup Forums doesn't support it.
How do you make a "half-space"? Do you tap your space bar very quickly?

>You basically need to tranlate 150years old texts in modern English since it evolved so much most people can't understand it.
This is flat-out bullshit. Most of us can read the King James Bible just fine and it's over 400 years old. Shakespeare is even older than that. The differences between British and American English are mostly memes we play up for banter on Sup Forums. Native speakers IRL can read both just fine.

>too arrogant
How many languages do you speak, Boris-Nigel?

it's not really a "half-space", I just translated it that way for fun.
The real word "insécable" it's a blank character that prevents the character after it to be on the next line.
Some used to make it slightly smaller, so you could notice the difference with a normal blank space.

>A man asks: "What time is break?".
There are so many things wrong with this sentence that I'm beginning to wonder if you're just baiting me.

word use in english is purposefully transformed as a form of epistemological warfare. You may think you can read king james but about 2-5% of the words meant something different

a good example of this is 'meat' which in a biblical context always means bread or food generally. Plus what we think of as the 1611 king james bible is actually the 1769-revised version.

your point is nonetheless generally correct

but that's a typical sentence you'll hear from a french speaking english ???

so what time is the break ?

A man asks, "What time is break?"

a man asks, what reason of butthurt ?

yes ? so time ?

But there's nothing wrong with that sentence.

Reply the man to , please ?

>American posters

Punctuation marks that end the sentence go inside quotes if a sentence ends with a quote. Also there's both a question mark and a full-stop.

You're generally supposed to introduce quotes with a comma and not a colon.

>Punctuation marks that end the sentence go inside quotes if a sentence ends with a quote. Also there's both a question mark and a full-stop.
That's just standard convention. Since the question mark is inside the quotation marks, you need to put a full stop outside the quote too.

>You're generally supposed to introduce quotes with a comma and not a colon.
You can use either a comma or a colon.

Yea yea they are bad englisher
They need some learn more How Able to sound such retardado in simple language like as English?

>You're generally supposed to introduce quotes with a comma and not a colon.
Not in french you're not

PROTIP : different languages use punctuation differently.

>my language has different rules and conventions
>therefore this must be baiting and is fully retarded, it's completely wrong
You should eat some Freedom Fries in order to heal your butthurt, fatty !

yes yes answer give please .

>americans
there is literally nothing wrong with that

>That's just standard convention. Since the question mark is inside the quotation marks, you need to put a full stop outside the quote too.

"There should be a comma, period, question mark, or exclamation point at the end of a piece of speech. This is placed before the closing quotation marks"

>You can use either a comma or a colon.

"If direct speech comes after the information about who is speaking, you should use a comma to introduce the piece of speech, placed before the opening quotation marks"

oxforddictionaries.com/us/words/punctuation-in-direct-speech-american

>"If direct speech comes after the information about who is speaking, you should use a comma to introduce the piece of speech, placed before the opening quotation marks"
Yes, but your source also says:

>There are three main uses of the colon:
>3) before a quotation, and sometimes before direct speech:
>The headline read: ‘Taxi Driver Battles Gangsters’.
>They shouted: ‘Our families are starving! We need land!’
>oxforddictionaries.com/words/colon

>"There should be a comma, period, question mark, or exclamation point at the end of a piece of speech. This is placed before the closing quotation marks"
This is true, and doesn't contradict anything I said.

the chav accent is not a language though

ebin

You don't need another full-stop though. The question mark inside the quotes alone is enough to end the sentence.

>It's nonsense
I wouldn't say it's a complete nonsence. Rusians do a great damage to the language with English. So-called "corporate language" is cancer.

>purposefully
kek you really overestimate our school system

the reason our schools are shit at english is the same reason our schools are shit at absolutely everything : the schools are full of arabs and they don't want to work, and they prevent the others from working as well

It's different.
They want and bef the masses to be good at English and forget as much French as they can.
Introduce English words without assimilating it, etc.

Unlike most nations, we aren't a natural one, made of natural borders, we aren't really a very close ethnicity.
The only thing that unites the French people was the language and the king. Now the king's dead, all we have is the language.
And you believe killing the only thing that makes us French is 'completely retarded' ? We're still lucky we have people caring about our language, and they're absolutely not in our government. We reached a point where all the others members of the "francophonie" had to say that if France wouldn't participate more, they'll continue the Francophonie without France.

>they want the masses to be good at English*
sorry, dunno what happened there.

also,
>Keeping the only thing*
not killing.

>why do french posters have really bad english?
Ugh, how haughty of you.

Be on anywhere else on the Internet than Sup Forums and you'll realize how well the frenchies from here excel at english. To be really quite Frank, I suspect that you have bias against us as we're usually not too handicapped in speaking English and are pretty good at it.

As an American in Germany, it seems even the people who claim to not speak English can get their points across well. Also I wouldn't say it has anything to do with Germanic roots, since cognates are only really recognizable by linguistics enthusiasts and aren't as common or as easy to find as French-English cognates. Probably has more to do with the German education system and, memes aside, Germany's greater acceptance of Anglo-American world cultural dominance than the French. In other words, Frogs are butthurt that their country is an irrelevant shithole, whereas Germans embrace the changing zeitgeist.

>whereas Germans embrace the changing zeitgeist.
Germans are literally the biggest American haters of Europe.

Germans don't dislike American culture, only American spying and militarism.

Rasheed

Yes but they're realists. Do they like America? Not really. Does that mean they should shoot themselves in the foot and act like the most powerful country on Earth doesn't exist? Of course not. It all comes from Bismarck's mentality, I think.

>Does that mean they should shoot themselves in the foot and act like the most powerful country on Earth doesn't exist? Of course not.
oh you're refering to that one freedom fries story ?
Because that has never been how the French acted.
English is widely spoken in the business sector and tourism one.
Tons of French businesses enter the US or British market.

Does the average French speak perfect English ? No.
Does that mean the French refuse to speak, English ? Absolutely not.
Our school program is shit, that's true, but it doesn't simply concern the learning of English, our high schools are mostly shit at everything, and with a govt that wants to include arab in the program, it won't really get better.

There's a difference between our stubbornness of refusing to include English in our French language and refusing to learn how to speak English.

user i think they actually believe the whole "they refuse to speak it because they're arrogant also butthurt they're not the lingua franca anymore"
which is completely insane, literally no one outside of Sup Forums cares or even knows about all this, and even then we're part of the few ones who speak English in this country

we just have an awful school system with retarded students

but i guess they're all really this gullible ? idk