when did you realize linus was a paid shill

youtube.com/watch?v=UVw9VuofPzU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LHU_-MP-g7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>The ad
>Dresses up like a bear and talks to his audience like a bunch of 7 year olds

Money has destroyed him as a person.

i thought he could have worded the part where he talked about Dell better, but still his point remains valid: AMD getting access into prebuilt systems is very good for AMD.

do you guys actually watch Linus Tech Tips?
His voice is extremely annoying. He also reports blatantly wrong information because he doesn't really understand hardware as well as he thinks he does, because he doesn't actually have a background in technology.

Oh hey, I just bought one of these. It's alright. Runs kinda hot, RAM situation isn't exactly ideal, but I dig the look and it works for what I need.

Same. Bought one and it's working great. Linus was spot on again.

who can forget his (totally objective and fair representation of) gaming laptop comparision he did just this week too

youtube.com/watch?v=LHU_-MP-g7s

how does it feel know you could have built it yourself and gotten a 8 GB 580 and 16 gigs of ram for the same price

I'm trying to give a fuck but I just can't

>16gb of ram for the same price

Yeah, makes sense.

>8GB 580

LMAO NO. Good luck finding one of those faggot.

Do you plan on upgrading the ram at all? What sort of tweaks does the bios offer?

how does it feel knowing there's literally 4 gig 580s on the market now for just 10 dollars more than the 4 gig 570 they include

also you could have built that entire PC for almost 500 dollars and atleast know why it sucks

>that dell PSU unsleeved and non modular (probabaly a logysis with a sticker)

you literally cant even purchase a 500w PSU on pcpartpicker that is non-popular branded and the fucking fully modular Seasonic M12 is just 10 dollars more than the cheapest 39 dollar PSU

and those cheaper ones are EVGA which atleast sleeves their cords

>good luck finding those

i did, theres one going for 404 dollars

>feel
The only feel I had was excitement over the pitch. Let the poorfags nickle and dime.

>talking about poor fags
>literally bragging about a prebuilt with a 570 in it
>and just 8 gigs of ram for an 8 thread cpu processor
>no name PSU

>told there are 580's on the market within 10 dollars of that 570
>told you could build a proper PC with name brand parts and upgrade to 16 gigs of ram to actually utilize the 8 threads (otherwise why are you buying a fucking 8 thread CPU and not just getting a cheaper 4560) and a 8GB 580 gpu and proper parts to go along with it

>Do you plan on upgrading the ram at all? What sort of tweaks does the bios offer?
Yeah I'll probably grab 16gb by the end of the year. But like I said, it works pretty well right now. I do art stuff in SAI which doesn't even come close to needing 8gb and most of the games I play are fine. BIOS is pretty locked as far as I can tell.

I have an 8gb 580.
I agree on the PSU though. Not planning on OCing so it's not really a problem.

holy shit that mobo

i thought he said it was an ASUS mobo in the build

>dell

kek

When I try and install literally anything on Linux.

It's obviously a fucking cia puppet operating system to subvert goyim.

Why do people sperg out so badly about building your own PC?
>hurr prebuils are evil, build a desktop
>hurr laptops are evil, build a desktop.
You can't even mention prebuilts without an army of /r/PCMR rejects swarming over. It's just obnoxious.

>defending an $800-$1000 purchase after this

Never because I don't watch videos made by a stupid Canadian cuck.
All Canadians need to be rounded up and killed and buried in mass graves.

Agreed, he used to be great. It's obvious his sponsors have taken over though.

Woah hey, I just bought one of these. It's alright. Runs kinda hot too, RAM situation isn't exactly ideal, but I dig the look and it works for what I need as well.

>it works for what i need

what in the possible fuck can you be doing with just 8 gigs of ram on windows 10

i cant open more than a few tabs with 8 gigs, i currently have 16 and when i open every current news article on drudge in a new tab, plus the VLC video im watching and the 2 other chrome windows filled with tabs it reaches 14 gigs of ram, plus the 1 gig i have set to the intel graphics from the mobo level

made me actually think about getting more ram

and i only have a 4600 which powers it all sufficiently

you have 2x as many fucking threads, and a CPU that isnt better at running games at that price point than intel options

what is it "doing for you" exactly and doing it for 1000 dollars

my PC cost only 250 and i made it myself

Holy cows, yeah I just bought one of these. It's alright. Runs a little hot too, RAM situation isn't ideal, but I dig the look and it works for what I need.

Clearly advertising a paid promotion is shilling?

You are just salty you don't make as much money as he does

>clearly

no where does he mention they paid him

go look at the laptop one, which i also posted ITT he has text on screen saying the laptop maker did it as a paid review, which explains why he chose shitty laptops for the years he reviewd and tried to pass them off as "the popular gaming option" to show a bunch of shitty benchmark scores

he also completely left out the last 2 most recent years

Oh I don't know maybe at about this point.

What kinda stuff are you even running? I have 8gbs and use Windows 10 yet I never surpase more than 4 even with 40+ tabs open.

>bunch of seven years olds

Oh wow, I just bought one of these. It's alright. Runs kinda hot too, RAM situation isn't exactly ideal, but I dig the look and it works for what I need as well.

I would dress myself like a bear for free tho

Something is wrong with your computer if your require more than 8 gigs for a few tabs open.

This shit is alright! Runs kinda hot too, RAM situation isn't exactly ideal, but I dig the look and it works for what I need as well.

The real question is, did tunnel bear send him the costume and tell him he had to wear it while plugging their shit, or did he buy the costume himself and it was his own idea?

All "tech journalism" is shilling, just like all "games journalism" is shilling.

He literally had a webpage open that said 'hitler did nothing wrong' in that video. I'm literally shaking. It's like I'm experiencing another shoa.

>when did you realize linus was a paid shill

Several years ago.
When he did his first sponsored video.
Then I realized that his media group is in the market of making money.
Like basically every major media group, reviewer, or personality.

Also: Grow up. Anything you read or see is biased. There is no such thing as an unbiased opinion or review anymore. Even "facts" such as numbers and figures can be fudged, selectively published, or outright lied about with incomparable environments.

Even you are biased, and unfair. Either roll with this fact, and live in the world you wish, or attempt to deny it further and look like an even bigger asshole.

Was just about to post this. That was ultimate cringe and he pulled it off with a smile.

Only way to get reasonably priced RX 580s is to buy a pre-built.

This is Lisa from MobileTechReview and I wanted to tell you that you're dumb.

$1000 for an RX 580 and R5 1400 is stupid though, the dell is worthless, cyberpower and ibuypower have better priced systems on amazon

Msrp for the 580 is $249. Lmao @ paying $400.

Dell has a coupon code right now and the r7 1700x with 580 is $900. $1000 for what your described is indeed not a good deal.

It's $900 for the R5 1400 + RX 580 with an SSD.

I thought the dell he was shilling didn't come with an SSD?

It didn't. Don't know why his was $950 without an SSD. Canuck bucks?

I would love to watch the light fade out of Linus's eyes as I strangle him to death

This. He comes from being a salesman who sold to the tech-illiterate. Only difference now is that his business is a little more 'wide-scoped'.

Dear fellow Anonymouses, I have actually bought one too. Such a coincidence. It runs a bit hot, but not as hot as Nvidia housefire 1,8 % corkscrews. Furthermore, the RAM situation is not ideal. But it just works. Dell does it again desu senpai.

Not surprising since his audience is only 13 years old

>when did you realize linus was a paid shill
A couple years ago.

Maybe. 950CAD is around US$760

so new

i thought that was his channels sole purpose