When Windows 7 is end of life, what will you guys do? You can't keep using, you will have to upgrade to Windows 10

When Windows 7 is end of life, what will you guys do? You can't keep using, you will have to upgrade to Windows 10.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XzSSidHU54g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

install gentoo

>When Windows 7 is end of life
ranjeet

Lay in the street hoping for a speeding car to kill me.

Having failed to do so (maybe) i will install Leenuckz

Or just don't use Windows at all? It's been a backdoor for CIA niggers since the 90s. I'm really dumbfounded by Win7 babbies who think this is anything new.

>that webm
what the frick?

hard to do insurance fraud in a country full of illegals without insurance

I'm still using a heavily modified version of XP

where can get clean iso?

Nogwarts school of Nigcraft & Robbery.

I second this what the fuck are these jigaboos doing?

It's like when you defend yourself against a bear attack

I will continue using linux arch and laugh at everyone who is still using win7.

>You can't keep using
Fuck you, yes we can. Also there is Linux so double fuck you. Fag.

windows 10 is pure garbage deal with it user.

You can't keep using, you will have to downgrade to Windows 10.

Corrected that for you OP

>Fuck you, yes we can.
t. satisfied participant in russian bitcoin miner botnet

Seriously though, what should we do?

Let's be honest, if you really want to use your PC for anything but internet browsing, you HAVE to use Windows. How will you run Adobe programs? Games? Office programs? Pretty much any professional software? Linux is literally useless apart from edgy hipsters using shitty generica of industry standard software.

>what is WINE

Well, it's damn sure not an emulator!

>How will you run Adobe programs?
no need
>Games?
not a manchild or virgin
>Office programs?
I was autistic enough to convince my boss to let me use LaTeX, and I am helping everyone make the transition

Don't fuck with new yorkers, they're not afraid to run you over.

See, I'm sick and tired of this same old bullshit every time this question comes up. Not everyone is a super cool anti-establishment hacker who doesn't give a fuck like you.

There are people like me who NEED Adobe programs and other Windows only professional software for their jobs and to make a living. It's like a Microshit stranglehold, but there is no way around it, unless companies actually start giving a shit and develop Linux versions.

guy got jumped in a fight.
he got on the floor to submission so the niggers would stop beating him.
seconds later speeding car didn't see him ran him over

Fuck, I laughted

there are open source replacements of Adobe and microsoft software

what about quickbooks?

i have legitimately put every one i know on windows 9 when they call me about 7 problems.. i aint doin the convenience rollup and KB minefield ever again for anybody

youtube.com/watch?v=XzSSidHU54g

also one of linus's best videos desu

Same bullshit again. Wake the fuck up. Those 'open source replacements' may be a mimic of Adobe, but they don't fucking deliver the same performance, options and end results. It's always a limitation to use them. Also if you really expect normies to fuck around with shit like WINE or VMWare every time they want to run a program, you're retarded.

Face reality you mongoloid hipster fag.

>can't keep using it
Still using WinXP pretty much every day!
You can still run OS and software in a VM without worrying about haxxors

Easy, I shall reinstall it. Make sure you back up your software key people!

>>There are people like me who NEED Adobe programs and other Windows only professional software for their jobs and to make a living.
Do work on the PC your employer issues you. If you're at home and on your personal machine why the fuck are you doing work? Quit letting your employer cuck you like that.

found the microsoft shill

Give me a good open source replacement for adobe premier pro, which runs as well on Linux as it does on windows. Rendering 4K video is a fucking bitch.

I need to do work from home because it literally takes days to finish certain projects and I obviously need to shit, piss, eat and sleep in between.

INB4 filthy Wincasual, superior Linus users don't need to eat and shit

How predictable. You run out of arguments so it's torches and pitchforks...

I WANT to quit using Windows and I think Linux is great, but I don't want this at the expense of completely fucking up my workflow, limiting my options and possibly even crippling the hardware capabilities of my PC. Things will never change unless devs start creating shit for Linux, which will never be because Microshit is the untouchable monopoly.

Just like I already do GNU+Linux/Win10 dualboot

You can get windows POSReady 2009 off of Microsofts website

Who gives a fuck? If you're playing video games or doing office work you probably don't give a fuck about what the CIA or NSA is watching. If you're at work, what are you doing at your computer that is going to be so illicit the CIA shouldn't see it? If you're playing video games, why do you think what you're doing is going to matter to anyone beyond advertisers?

Is Sup Forums so paranoid that half the posters assign such a high importance on themselves that the CIA/FBI/NSA/Europol is going to give two looks at your activity unless you're actively trying to figure out how to make home-made bombs or downloading/hacking confidential servers and information from a government or corporation.

Either you go with a distro or just take it like a fucking cuck. Welcome to the future - Microsoft isn't going to overtly showcase gathered info anyways or else companies will jump off Microshill to protect trade secrets.

Linux + WINE + VM for the most cancerous of use cases. I no longer pay for content on Steam unless it has full cross-platform support. If I need more graphics capability than a poorly optimized RX 480 then it's a sign I should spent more time at the gym, having sex or gaining career advancement.

It's the principal of the thing. The CIA, NSA or even the Federal Government has no business looking at my shit no matter what I do, and fuck Microsoft for letting them. This is why I use MacOS.

What kind of mind set is that? This "I've got nothing to hide"-mentality is what makes you a mindless drone giving up all of your dignity at the snap of a finger. It's the beginning of giving up all of your rights and freedoms.

Aren't you Americans all about MUH FREEDUMBS? Your ancestors fought a bloody war with the English empire over minimal shit and now in 2017 you get literally all of your privacy and informational dignity taken away and you're gladly bending over just like that? What happened???

Nothing, when 2020 hits, I'll treat it like any other bullshit day. I'll still keep right on using Win 7/2008R2 cause browsers & AV software will still support 7 for a long time after the 2020 date. Look at XP, it supposed to have died in "2014" yet it's still going strong.

I have a windows 7 laptop (it came pre installed) and every time I have upgraded it always results in issues, personally I belive keep the OS you started with and if you have to upgrade just buy a new computer (this also applies to phones)

We give up our rights when we agree to install software. It's the terms and conditions that corporations include clauses to change at will at any time. Whether or not corporations sell or donate that data to government agencies are their choice. Complaining about the issue isn't going to solve it. I don't see Sup Forums sitting here thinking on how to collectively design and implement a solution that would have real world effects (Market shares, etc.) that would make Microsoft or Apple for that matter change. You have two software giants who both probably do the same because of the oligarchic monopoly they share. If a bunch of discontents want to actually take action in making a more accessible way for even normal end users, by all means let's fund them Sup Forums.

Until then it becomes a don't do illicit shit on your windows computer like a moron and keep a separate one with whatever distro you prefer for anything you don't want anyone seeing or gathering. If you need to use windows software for work, great, let the fucking government see your corporation's data. Your own company can go to war with the government or Microsoft and you won't pay a damn dime for that legal fight over those kind of data leaks.

U.S. freedom saw a massive nail in its coffin on 9/11. The populace wants security and an atmosphere of safety over the freedom of navigation in a digital environment. And now that kids who only known a post-9/11 world are getting to a voting age - This is the only world they've known, they don't know the early Internet, the optimistic and generally large amount of tech companies and competition, or a world where private surveillance is an increasingly accepted norm by the general populace.

That principal is slowly dying out, if Facebook, Google, and other tech giant data gathering is to show. Even if it's not the government people just thing that's the cost for social convenience so it's only natural for the gov't to do so as well at some point.

I'll continue using it, or switch to Linux.

Read the terms and conditions, if you don't like the terms don't use the software. I refuse to use any software that treats the user like an animal. It's not illegally spying but it is unethical. The sooner we gang up and say "we won't use this software/service that takes my info and sells it off" the better. We still have control.

He said a clean copy