Sqt

sqt
schtupeed kueshchuns tread

Don't bump off a poor defenceless thread, post your stupid questions here and don't be a schmuck!

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/SCEPTRE-X405BV-F-40-LED-Class-1080P-HDTV-with-ultra-slim-metal-brush-bezel-60H/162394443784?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
chiru.no:8080/stream.opus
departmentofmemes.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

heavily considering getting TV related with a 2 year warranty, any of you fags have experience with it?

ebay.com/itm/SCEPTRE-X405BV-F-40-LED-Class-1080P-HDTV-with-ultra-slim-metal-brush-bezel-60H/162394443784?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Looking at learning PHP. Unfortunately my uni does not offer a course for web design beyond basic HTML and CSS.

What online resources could I use? Any recommendations?

>csg is that way

Repostan because last thread was almost dead.

What are some good comic book/manga readers to look at? Is a dedicated reader worth it as opposed to just going for a fully fledged tablet?

I know very little about tablets and mobile devices in general.

Is 144Hz monitors a meme?
I'm looking for a monitor. Not for gayming, I want nice monitor to please my eyes, with high contrast and beautiful colours.
Looking at ASUS vg248qe, looks decent.
Should I buy it? I'm running Linux, does 144Hz work on Linux?

Anyone know anything about the stock of rx580s on amazon? I have one on pre-order and amazon are being really vague about timeframes. If its more than a fortnight i'll have to find something else

For pirated stuff, Android device + Perfect Viewer.

What's a good program for checking how my SSD is doing? i'm sort of afraid something it's happening to it. windows 10 seems to be so fucking sluggish and i don't think it should be happening since i have a very high-end pc and i'm pretty sure i have no malware or anything of the sort

Lynda. Php is easy to learn, but you have to get some experience under your belt before you can consider yourself good. The difference between good PHP and bad php is enormous.

Branching off of this a bit more, is PHP/mysql good for designing a basic forum? What are the security risks involved with this? I understand at the moment that restricting uploads to a certain size and file format is important, but what else should I have to do?

How can I get desktop foobar2000 to play this stream? The mobile ones do it just fine.

chiru.no:8080/stream.opus

Bump

If I leave a charger constantly plugged to the wall with nothing attached to it does it consume electricity?
I'd say no since the circuit never completes and acts as a dead end but I don't know shit about electronics.

All chargers will pull a little bit at all times to ensure it has 5v ready when needed. If you have a device connected it should trickle charge ie: discharge a little then charge a little etc..

People keep telling me I can use OneNote as an interactive online board to teach people online. I can't find anything online that describes how to do it. I need an app with stylus supports so I won't have to write with a glove on my hand. Can anyone help me?

I'm using Windumbs 10. Just now noticed there's a map in the C:\Users directory called KOZA with all the usual user folders within it, but no actual users with that name is shown in the control panel. The folder was made today. I have not downloaded or installed anything today. What is it?

anyone got a good windows image viewer? I've used irfanview for years but it still doesn't play gifs perfectly and it doesn't support webp fully.

xnview

>map
I meant fucking folder. Don't know where that came from.

Onenote does support stylus nicely. Add screen recording software and you're all good.

Where are 32" 1080p TVs?

>xnview
I downloaded it and tried it. It doesn't support webp and I don't really need a file explorer with it, just an image viewer.

There's lots of them.

Install the software that came with the ssd, those usually give you an indication of your ssd's health.
Also, turn off defrag.

What's the best way to read Linux partitions in Windows?

Is there an extension or setting or something for Firefox so that I can set it up so like if I type something in the location bar it will search with one search engine, but if I say hold shift while I hit enter it will search with a different search engine?

That would mean streaming with a tablet... I guess I will just use a normal whiteboard app while wearing a glove. Not a single one on the internet that can differentiate between my hand and the pen. I always mistakenly touch the screen while writing and it is a mess.

Is blocking ads in the hosts file, and then installing an adblocker, considered overkill? Is there a reason to? Is there a reason not to?

This is why you want a laptop/tablet/whatever that uses an active stylus, not the shitty capacitive ones that fake being a finger. Palm rejection on Onenote works fine on my Venue 8 Pro and HP 810 G2

>Is there a reason to?
Blocking ads "globally" so that means every web browser you use or any program that connects to the internet and pulls ads
But the question is how often do you do that?
Usually only adblocker on the browser is enough

Hey how do I create an easily editable website that I don't need to learn HTML for? Or at least learn minimal html/coding for?

Easiest way is use one of the shitty website builder services such as wix or squarespace

If you don't want to pay for Wix or Squarespace you can also download a template, modify some strings in the html file and colors in the css file and upload it to Github Pages for free.
Unlimited hosting as long as it's HTML. No PHP or any of that fancy shit but I doubt you'll need it.

Would I be able to create something like the site below and edit it easily? (I know the site content is kinda cringey, but its just an example)

departmentofmemes.com

Looks like they just disappeared from my country (Brazil). Everything is just 720p or 768p, 1080p only on 40"+

Ok, well which android tablet should I look towards? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I want something that'll last.

you know when you type a letter in explorer and finder and the file with the name that begins with that character gets highlighted? what's that feature called? is there documentation on it? what's the limit to the number of characters that can be typed to match a file?

You lack reading comprehension.

Can I turn my laptop into a server holding all my videos? If so, must the laptop be on at all times? Can I leave it on sleep so it uses little energy?

playing with NodeMCU, I'm totally new to lua.
How do I do function overloading or optional parameters?

Are there any ways to send stickers from line to fb messenger?

>Can I turn my laptop into a server holding all my videos?
Sure, just install Kodi and share all your media. It's fairly easy to do and there are a lot of guides.
> If so, must the laptop be on at all times?
At least at all times you want to share the media on the laptop. You can turn off the screen and run it completely headless to save energy.
> Can I leave it on sleep so it uses little energy?
No

Are we close to having tech to reverse most blindness with stem cells or whatever? Or is it still a long way off?

I've always feared going blind some day so it would be comforting to know they will have a solution soon.

If you contribute to the clinton foundation you can have new eyes harvested from brown people or Ukrainians. If you're rich you can have some grown.

What the fuck is wrong with the pirate bay right now? I need my HEVC recodes, dammit.

Can admins track users who pinch streams from their website with something like with something like jdownloader?

Potentially, though I doubt they really care unless you turn around and redistribute it somewhere. And anyway I doubt they could link that back to the person who captured it.

I have ho pavilion G6 series laptop with ralink rt2390 wifi driver. I want to remove windows & install xubuntu in it but when I live boot in xubuntu WiFi is disabled. Also tried live boot of manjaro but same result. On searching I found the problem is with the wifi driver. It works fine in windows. Can anyone help me with solving the WiFi problem?

So you recon they can but they would bother to as it wouldnt hold up in court?

Is there a way to view my very old comments that I've posted on facebook? Like, ones on other peoples statuses etc

Kill yourself shitskin

Fuck off.

Well I don't think saving a stream that you have been granted legitimate, legal access to is a crime anyway. I mean, your browser basically does the same thing but only keeps it in temporary storage.

I've had a samsung LN-R268W since like 2006, still use it to this day because i dont see a need for a new tv.

I really wish there was a way to do overscan on it, because it crops the edges. I thought that the game display setting on the PS4 would change that, but it didn't. The only game I ever had luck with on overscan was the HD remasters of the Sly games.

Any ideas? I looked up the manual online but I don't see anything, and playing around with the picture options didn't seem to do much except play with the color.

Would something like pic related lower the chance of my wifi connection dropping?

t. Dormfag

Fuck

Is there a better bookmarker and history searcher for firefox? I try to search my history but it doesn't work most of the time.

You will have to use either the USB dongle or the internal wifi card.
It might be better to buy a repeater and put it closer to you if your modem is too far

What's a good torrenting software that isn't utorrent or qbit

Just be careful which dongle you buy, some have fake antennas.

well thats good now all i have to do is find a stream of got s7e6

>5.8GHz
>not 5.0GHz

Will a PC boot as normal if it has no video output whatsoever? As in, no onboard video and no GPU?

is calibrating my monitors color worth it?

Hello Apple users of Sup Forums, I gotta ask you something.
I have a friend that browses web with safari and he likes to keep a lot of tabs for 'later reading', but a few times now he lost his tabs and he can't get them back. What's the best way he can bookmark these? He says he 'had bookmarks but that's gone and I don't know why'.

How do you flash the BIOS on a MSI 970 gaming motherboard?

There are tutorials up on youtube, but they dont have the same mobo I do. In one of them, the hardware has a physical switch you can flip, but I can't see that on mine.

Google calls it "clearing the CMOS" whatever that means.

Read The Fucking Manual.

I have an SSD that suddenly failed after the power went out. When I plug it into my computer, it says the drive has 0 MB total space. Is it fucked, or is there some way to recover the drive or the data?

What OS are you using?

flash or clear? all motherboards you clear by bridging the cmos. you can use anything to do it, i used a usb micro cable to do it

Bookmarks -> Save All Tabs
or something like that

hey cheers!

Wangblows

Should be able to clear it if there isn't actual hardware damage (and I can't tell you whether there is or not based on what you've told me).

I would boot up ubuntu or mint, from a flash drive. and just attempt to format the entire ssd. That said, if it works, that's just the first of many steps.

The hardware looked fine from the outside, no burns or anything like that. But I don't know whether the internal capacitors etc. have failed or not. From what I've seen online, SSDs may fail suddenly because of power shortages, but whether that's because of hardware issues or logic corruption I don't know.

To recover the data, you could use testdisk, personally i've never used it on a bricked drive before. As suggest, live boot into ubuntu and use gparted to attempt a reformat.

How do I deal with having to work on a Celeron processor?

SSDs are relatively new. In THEORY, they should be able to last like 500 years, but that's obviously untested and unproven. People are still figuring out all the limitations.

The fact that it's detecting the SSD is a good sign, though.

LOL poor Poojeet seething for being outed. I already have a tablet with full stylus integration and can use OneNote easily. However there are no online whiteboard apps that support stylus which is why I was asking.

In this day and age, there's not really an excuse to not use a UPS unit. You can literally go into Walmart and pick one up for ~40 bucks.

Or you can just live somewhere with a decent power grid

Which the dude obviously doesn't. But, even then, shit happens. I'm not aware of a power grid that will protect you from power fluctuations if a bolt of lightning hits your transformer.

Figured it out, sorry!
Had to short the CMOS jumpers.

Why do you even waste your time here, if that's the caliber of help you're going to give? I genuinely want to know. What made you go into a stupid questions thread, and type out "read the manual"?

If I had the manual, I wouldn't be here asking stupid questions. Because stupid questions would've been answered by the manual, right?

I figured it out on my own but seriously, if thats the only help you can offer don't come to these threads at all. "Google it" would've been more helpful than this.

Couldn't you just remove the CMOS battery?

That's what I ended up doing, but it didn't fix the display. So I shorted it with a flat head screwdriver and it worked! Thanks for your help guys, or..yknow..

Just thank you. :)

that's a fucking nice pic. cheers op

Can't find a clear, simple answer.
On Google Sheets, I'm trying to do =IMPORTXML("website.com","quote_price") but Sheets doesn't refresh as quickly as I want it. What can I add to the formula to make it refresh at an interval of every few minutes?

Hmmm, but mobos come with manuals they say specificly how to do stuff to that model. So if you are asking here where no-one is likely to have the same model as you instead of looking at the manual (it's on the manufactures website nignog) then it's really you who are wasting their time.

Ever since that fucking windows 10 creators update I now have to do the following:

>unplug lan cable
>disable firewall
>replug cable

If I don't do this then I have no connection. Is there something I can whitelist to stop it? Is this actual fucking DRM for an OS?

I know this is just a microsoft ploy to get people to not use firewalls so they can download more adware and break more integral os features so I'd like to still use mine.

trying to implement my own syncing password manager over sftp, stuck on dir permission for where the encrypted db is stored on server

is there a function in linux for a non-elevated user's files to be inaccessible from other users? what should dir permissions on server look like?

even though i plan to use a strong password i'd like go to lengths to avoid the acquisition of db if possible

plan for sync is:
>run command
>ask pass for sftp
>script mounts server dir to local dir (sshfs) to work with bash script easier
>check which is newer
>replace old
>unmount

>is there a function in linux for a non-elevated user's files to be inaccessible from other users
Normal unix permissions (eg chmod -R go-rwx the/dir). Root can still access it but not much you can do about that.

How's FF 57+ security going to be compared to Chrome, assuming that I have noscript with scripts globally allowed ?

winfag

Why does my Ethernet port remain active while my desktop is off?

Just take a look at the extant forum software which has been around for many years, phpBB and vbulletin, now look at how much that bullshit gets hacked.

If you want to get involved with PHP, get into Drupal.

Wake on LAN.

why the FUCK do i need phone number to register an email???
i still remember register shit load of yahoo emails back then

use protonmail or tutanota