/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/jqjrjc.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=cu7QGIvt3x8
my.mixtape.moe/kzowrb.ogg
gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_I.pdf
gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_II.pdf
asa.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1121/1.4984044
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e38e/b5526af06589596390cd585e6aa38c19344c.pdf
headphonescompared.com/the-best-headphone-brands-from-worst-to-best/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder:

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

Hd600s have terrible build quality, no bass, and no treble and they are a terrible investment in all respects.

>cute girl
>long hair
>cleavage
>zettai ryouiki
>headphones
>music instrument
>japan
>train station
>train
>vending machine
Awesome OP.

After two decades of existence, sennheiser has refused to address the fact that the absolute thinnest, most fragile possible copper leads are what power the drivers. This is cost cutting to an extreme that in no way benefits the consumer and shows a complete lack of build quality or refinement.

Such dedication.

If you squint, you can almost see it

The hd600 have severe treble roll off and no sub-bass, meaning that not only are they not neutral whatsoever but they also will not even provide frequency response to the full range of human hearing without serious amounts of EQ.

my.mixtape.moe/jqjrjc.ogg

Thank you! I try my best, but you have DiPolar and me mixed up

Friendly reminder this is not a safe space
youtube.com/watch?v=cu7QGIvt3x8

There's no need to be nice to
>[PLEBSPOTTERS]DiPolarDisorder

my.mixtape.moe/kzowrb.ogg

>I dedicate my spare time to hating Sennheiser on a Taiwanese octopus art forum

When purchasing the hd600, you are essentially buying headphones that have massive amounts of distortion in the low frequency region. This cannot be fixed by EQ and is a result of dynamic driver limitations. Spending more than $150 on dynamic driver headphones is a poor decision.

Correction: This is not a safe place for [PLEBSPOTTERS]DiPolarDisorder, but a safe haven for all Sennheiser shills!

Sennheiser using bros always welcome.
They're decent people, unlike this shitposting plebspotter plague.

>implying I don't trigger senncucks into a shitposting spree akin to a buttblasted Trump Twitter rant.

Dumb anime posters

>Implying even half of the shills own the headphones

>Translation: /hpg/ is a safe space for senncucks and the tripfag that triggers us is bad because I said so!

Anime website.

>I will scour the internet for broken HD600 images that will show everyone not to like things I don't like

Buying the hd600s is basically buying a pair of midbass cannon with rolled off upper mids/treble and no sub bass. Headphones under $100 measure objectively better than the hd600s

Just report every instance of the anti-anime moron.

Wrong!

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

>everybody likes HD600
>liking what everybody likes is uncool
>gotta be contrarian, or people will realize how lame I am
*snap*

Anime website.

Pic + timestamp

THD measurements are not a reliable indicator of audibility:
gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_I.pdf
gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_II.pdf
> In our next paper we will show that .01% THD of one type of nonlinear system can be perceived as unacceptable while 10% THD in another example is perceived as inaudible. Even one of these simple examples is sufficient to invalidate THD as a viable metric for discussion of the perception of distortion. Furthermore, 1% THD is not at all the same as 1% IM, but we will show that neither correlates with subjective perception.
>These results supported the skepticism that THD and IMD metrics were poor predictor of subjective perception of sound quality ratings.
Furthermore:
asa.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1121/1.4984044
>Research has suggested that non-linear properties of headphone responses have little effect
Furthermore:
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e38e/b5526af06589596390cd585e6aa38c19344c.pdf
From this presentation given at the AES 129th convention:
>Conventional distortion measurements such as THD do not show reliable correlation to the ear’s perception

Sure, but such shit-tier tastes?

Why ask. You already know it's just the usual DiPolar tripfag.

>I will post graphs I misinterpret to invalidate the recommendation of a headphone that isn't the hd600 when I haven't listened or owned either of them
>I will then make various samefag accusations against other anons that don't like the hd600s and come up with wild conspiracy theories regarding IRC organized shitposting and simultaneous computer/phone posting.

>More THD is better

Anime website.

>IRC organized shitposting and simultaneous computer/phone posting.
We always knew. Why even pretend anymore.

Sure, but that didn't answer the question :^)

>more meme studies I misinterpret to fit my narrative
>you actually have this in a word document to copy and paste as soon as you see something that doesn't fit your narrative
>Every single audio manufacturer uses thd for fidelity related objective performance.

>unironically claiming THD correlates with better or worse perceived sound quality.
Go to

Gonna buy DT 880s within the next month or so

Convince me otherwise or something, thanks /hpg/

>More THD is better

>they have good bass and excellent treble

Anime website.

>implying you aren't in a paranoid schizophrenic frenzy and that you literally go through a series of delusional shitposts and samefag accusations every thread.
>Implying you don't get BTFO'd by screenshots and then proceed to unironically samefag your own "evidence" posts of archives from weeks ago

Get help. See a psychologist. Get on meds

Sure, but why such shit-tier tastes?

Anime website.

>posts fart sniffing studies that lead to absolutely nothing
>Proof

>rtings
>niggerbass compensation curve
>regardless, openly admit HD600 has good bass, excellent mids and insane good treble.

Today I will remind them.

Almost like headphones are subjective, eh user?

>I hate sennheiser
>therefore HD600 sucks
>dumps gallery of pictures of snapped headbands
>screw those AES papers, what could they possibly know.
How sad.

Anime website.

Pic + timestamp

>More THD is better

Tripfag must have had a traumatic experience with Sennheiser as a child.

Sure, but why such shit-tier tastes?

>implying everything published by the AES is relevant
>implying those papers aren't contrarian to the consensus that harmonic distortion, especially odd order at high percentages, is audible

>2nd order harmonic distortion at 30hz is audible

Better than having a traumatic experience with the tripfag as an adult :^)

sennshills must have had a traumatic experience with dipolar is what you meant to say.

at this point he knows the emotional influence he has over them and is exploiting it.

Anime website :^)

Shitty retard treble cannons. HD600 are much better.

See
With a little EQ the dt880s are a much better headphone at half the price. That being said, the fostex t50rp mkIII is still king of price/performance

>rtings

What do you think of 3d Umi?

lookin' good

>[PLEBSPOTTERS]DiPolarDisorder confirmed psychopath.
In contrast, HD600 owners are nice, happy people. Way too nice. Take that idol trash guy, for one.
Psychopaths hate smiling people. The darkness within their hearts is such so that they can't stand it when they see that other people are happy.

Beyers supposed to be best comfort cans

3DPD.

>nice, happy people
>turn into mouth foaming retards when someone recommends a non sennheiser headphone
>turn into shitposting asshats every thread
>idol trash
>not a cringy autistic shitposter with shit idol taste who doesn't sport a trip because it makes him impossible to filter

I don't even like plebspotters but the sennheiser cirlejerk is much, much worse

Nande is the HD 600 so sugoi desu ka

MDR-MA900 are the most comfortable headphones, but discontinued.

They are also not comfy to listen to, so it doesn't matter

headphonescompared.com/the-best-headphone-brands-from-worst-to-best/
>sennheiser not even in the top 10
>behind House of Marley

>mouth foaming intensifies

I know you're not idol trash.

>bose at #3
ranking invalidated

>random thot being paid to wear my favorite headphone in a picture validates my argument

>mouth foaming intensifies even more

>makes passive aggressive posts featuring paid models wearing favorite headphones as validation
>not a sign of sociopathic behavior

Sauce on song?

>More THD is better

they were only posted to validate your anger

"what are these plastic things?"

"doesn't matter just sit on that couch and turn your right cheek to me, put them on your head, okay now smirk"

Which of the two?

>implying im angry
>implying you aren't posting these out of anger and sociopathic tendencies to justify your purchase or lack of owning your favorite headphones.

Then eq the peak out, you brainlet

Both songs are from capsule.
starry sky
WORLD OF FANTASY

I'm willing to bet Idol Trash is a fat/skeletor NEET

See

>Virgins fall for this advertisement
Kek.

Ultrasones or audeze- whups stepped on wrong thing

Whatever you do just say no to chinkshit

Retard.
Actual 3DPD.
Dignified nico best nico.
10/10 would shake hand at idol handshake event.
Mimorin is pretty good. Crazy range and awesome control. I'm glad she voices best girl umi. Also does some other best girls, like gj-bu shion... to think I liked shion but wasn't mimorin-aware back when that aired. Only gained seiyuu awareness recently.
Yep. And I've got rich parents. They buy me mechanical keyboards, sennheiser memes and schiit stacks.
kek.