So Is Ace Player literally just VLC+? Is there even a reason to use VLC when this exists?

So Is Ace Player literally just VLC+? Is there even a reason to use VLC when this exists?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ikatson/docker-acestream-proxy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What does it have that regular VLC doesnt?
It clearly hasnt made the UI any better
The only real thing that could make it better than VLC would be fixing the horrible scrubbing issue with broken video

>it there a reason to use anything else when mpv exists
no

can MPV play acestreams? (for sportsfags)

why havent freetards made a free alternative to acestream ?

Does VLC?

I use VLC (:

The one that comes with AceStream does.

I don't know what an acestream is but yes it can

ace player is bundled with bunch of adware. You can see it yourself if you scan with adw cleaner

use soda player for acestreams, aceplayer is literally malware

No it can't.

No, acestream russkis just grab the VLC code and integrate it with their closed source engine for their own player. VLC has nothing to do with them.
Also the acestream engine is an adware distribution tool that fucks you up the ass.

idiots

>Each user of Ace Stream software contributes a part of his disk space and Internet connection into a common pool
lol it's literally a botnet

WHy don't freetards make an open source engine?

I wouldn't mind watching sports or JP tv in 720p+ quality.

>proprietary with malware
>literally just vlc
>(for sportsfags
Is malware and proprietary botnet actually the only solution you retards have?

>WHy don't freetards make an open source engine?
Cause freetards don't watch sports and there's other shit like webtorrent and popcorn time for streaming movies from torrents.
Most of the streams on acestream are from russkis streaming IPTV anyways, just buy a year pass for IPTV and you won't have to use this piece of shit.

>shit like webtorrent and popcorn time for streaming movies from torrents.

But all that's doing is streaming a static file amongst each other.

>Most of the streams on acestream are from russkis streaming IPTV anyways

Wrong again. Most times it's from a capture device capturing American PPV's/TV

We already have OBS that can capture lots of devices, now we need an open source engine that will let you broadcast your stream via P2P to everybody. The player can be anything, but VLC specializes in streaming.

>But all that's doing is streaming a static file amongst each other.
I didn't mean that it did live streams i meant that there's no interest on creating anything else cause most of the people with the ability to do this just don't don't need anything that isn't movies or tv.
>Wrong again. Most times it's from a capture device capturing American PPV's/TV
That's just cause you're watching american sports, acestream itself is russian and there's a shitload of russians and spics streaming other sports like football.
An they only use VLC as the player, their close source engine handles all the streaming, that's why no one has made an open source alternative for acestream streams, they'd have to reverse engineer the engine. Soda player for example just download the engine altogether to be able to play the streams.

what?

VLC has worked fine for many years. It's mainly weeaboo fags complaining about their chinese cartoons not displaying properly but who cares about them,

>anything that isn't movies or tv.

But I am talking about TV. The content could be anything, like anime, or live sports.

> they'd have to reverse engineer the engine

This thread is about making a similar free alternative, not to try to crack their closed source engine.

>But I am talking about TV. The content could be anything, like anime, or live sports.
Go ahead and make it yourself then, most people are just interested in static files like i said.
>This thread is about making a similar free alternative, not to try to crack their closed source engine.
It's about neither, OP just asked if aceplayer is the same as VLC.

>Unironically using that literal botnet software
Use aceproxy inside a docker image and your computer won't get cancer
github.com/ikatson/docker-acestream-proxy

>last commit more than 2 years ago

Why change it if it still werks?

>>Unironically using that literal botnet software

It's the only easy way to watch HD quality streams without interruption. Though recently they have figured out a way to take the streams down.

And I doubt that github link will let you open AceStream hash files.

windows, who knows

It doesn't, needs a shitload of old dependencies and it's outdated to hell

lol it's literally a torrent client

>>>Unironically caring whether software is open-source or not
Literal autism

>old dependencies
>outdated
Who cares lmao still werks

go ahead and try it, it doesn't

I used it for the mcgregor fight on saturday you clearly haven't tried it

no you didn't kek

What is your deal guy?

>Is malware and proprietary botnet actually the only solution you retards have?
yeah. It's this or malware-ridden Flash streaming sites. If you're lucky you can get a Ustream for 10 mins before it's reported and blocked

Just use Sopcast you nigs

IPTV, with mpv, would be ideal. Sometimes I find free test servers that have sports channels and it's pretty neat.

>Sometimes I find free test servers
where? they all ask for like 3 bucks to test out the server

Just search for "free iptv links server".

Oh shit...

thought we were talking out of our ass? at least you caught before it started hijacking your browser

>soda player

I didn't know this existed.
So, is there an open source engine that supports acestream links?

I use both. I tried just using ace on my laptop for everything but had to install VLC also, for some reason I can't remember. Maybe LAN streaming.

No, soda player comes bundled with the engine from the acestream site instead of the whole player.
You can even see the engine running on task manager when you open an acestream link on soda player.

>proprietary fork used for delivering malware

Yeah, thank you guys. I installed it Saturday night. glad I caught it in time.

I saw this in my recent adw cleaner .txt.

I just let it remove the ace stream engine. I rarely even use it.

If I need to, i will just re-download soda player to get the ace stream engine back.

That font rendering tho...

I used it during the big fight too. Malwarebytes triggered for me when installing but I ignored it. Uninstalled it now though.

Damn. I was under the assumption that the acestreams engine itself wasn't malicious but the player you get from the website was the culprit. I figured using Sodaplayer would circumvent that. Ran ADW and running a full scan with MBAM. I will probably reinstall it for the Canelo fight though. I found a 1080p stream that was flawless for the entire Mayweather fight, I've never experienced such a level of clarity and stability from a stream before.

What can I do to protect myself from potential attackers? Would running it in a VM suffice?

I use mpv for most files and use vlc on my phone. Super comfy

I use MPV for watching streams and then VLC for webms and all that.

There's nothing wrong with acestream itself. Don't be bad at computers and you won't have any adware on your computer.