Tfw can't touch-type

>tfw can't touch-type
how can I learn?

Other urls found in this thread:

keybr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally just type without looking at the keyboard, eventually you'll type the right letters without trying

type more, force yourself to look at the screen. Or, if you're a cunt, download a program to help you with it.

stop looking your keyboard when typing fucking faggot

Spend 10 years on IRC.

i end up just using my index fingers though

stare at the sun for a few mins. you'll go blind but it will force you to touch type

buy a touch typing book with a stand make the exercises then your are ready to go

Fucking casual.

Spend 10 years on the Runescape Roleplaying Forums.

keybr.com/

If you don't know how to touch type at least consider starting with DVORAK. Otherwise just google it. Learn for the first time on ratatype.com (or thetypingcat.com if DVORAK), then get comfortable on keybr.com, then get really fucking fast on typeracer.com.

Play one of these typing games
There's one for linux: tux typing

xd another e[ic thread thanks

But then keybindings for Vim et al are all messed up. And you can't type well on non-Dvorak keyboards.

Learn by doing faggot

Do people really need a typing class? I took one and i don't apply any of the techniques like home row. I just hover over the keyboard and i type like 110 no problem.

I know wizards who type like 150 and it blows my mind

>learn dvorak
>only keyboard you can type properly on is your own keyboard
>hunt & peck everywhere else
>mess up keybindings for practically every piece of software that optimizes for QWERTY

Why the fuck would you do this to type 10wpm faster?

I keep trying to tell my girlfriend the same thing I'm about to tell you.

memorize the home row. Then just type without looking at it. If you fuck up a key, you will see it on the monitor. You know where backspace is without looking at it. hit backspace, then try and find the right key (also without looking)

just keep deleting errors until you find the correct button. muscle memory should do the rest.

I type 90 wpm and I have no idea what the bottom row of keys are. I mean I can type them just fine... but I wouldn't be able to tell you what they are.

zty.pe

Force yourself to touch type and practice.

When I was 13 I wanted to learn to touch type, and I don't really remember how I got to the point where I could easily; it was a combination of chatting in runescape and programming I guess. I also recommend just typing long notes of whatever you want daily.

I don't recommend doing some course or something, because that always feels really rigid, and that may hamper progress.

They're zxcvbnm,./

thanks. but when the keycaps come off, I have to play mental games to see which is which. like singing the alphabet to know where a letter is in it.

would it be a good idea to cover up my keyboard while practicing?
I always end up taking glances at my keyboard when I do
also I keep using only my index fingers.

To be honest, I never practiced or learned how to touch type. I also don't even use the home row. I've been typing since I was 3 and it just comes naturally. At 27 I know where every key is without looking. And my fingers naturally just find them. I can type 100 wpm without errors.

>I've been typing since I was 3
that's why. I started at like 14

learned playing vidya in middle school

Spamming Runescape chat in grade school was how I got my wpm to like 90 by highschool.

Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing

Merch in runescape, no GE
Thats how I learned
I can type "blue: selling rune scim 14k" so fucking fast

neat

This is the site I used and it worked for me. I wish it used real words though.

I use vim vanilla with dvorak. The only keys where the new layout matters are hjkl. But look at the layout, their position actually makes sense in DVORAK too, which is lucky.

Anyway, I never have to use a keyboard where I can't change the settings. You can still touch type with both, but it takes practice. I personally can't do it, but I bet I could if I had to.

Better than RSI.

Yah I know 0 of the "proper principles". Between gaming and typing enough in uni I just eventually started touch typing somewhere along the line.

yeah also I don't think DVORAK is any faster, but it certainly feels nicer, both for my fingers and in my brain. I don't have to play twister with the keyboard any more.

Here's my practice

somewhere over the rainbow where raindrops fall on the outside of the watermill in the courtyard, but not too shabby is where the buffalo roam cthulu hoorah baby I'm just a jet black tar baby oops that was racist shouldn't have said that out loud fuck these shitty keys though why the fuck do these semicolon and aposthorope fuck not sure how to spell that but it'll help me I think what sucks is my pinkie finger is too fucking small and I keep overusing my index fingers shit goddamn

Yeah this site is great for getting a-z down really quickly if you don't know the homerow.

If you want real words, after you reach proficiency of all letters in the program (where it doesn't focus on any letter specifically), you can supply your own texts and articles to type. I've started adding New York Times and Washington Post articles because it forces you to write sentences that are real, and deal with numbers and punctuation.

So far the only difficulty I'm having learning to touch type is with programming. Mainly because the numbers and symbols are really difficult to reach, especially when you have to reach them often.

Damn, I didn't know you could do that. And I was learning for programming too. Those symbols are a bitch.

Dunno man. I type 140-150wpm on average. It's a gift

Where is pic from?

play typing of the dead

Runescape.

I can type without looking and without using touch typing, how do I learn touch typing now