/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/Venture-Electronic-VE-Zen-high-impedance-320-ohms-earbud/1924356_32302987270.html
my.mixtape.moe/gpahzb.ogg
my.mixtape.moe/txvvyh.ogg
my.mixtape.moe/hxezle.ogg
my.mixtape.moe/hcttfl.ogg
my.mixtape.moe/zygosg.ogg
my.mixtape.moe/gpcaws.flac
my.mixtape.moe/hkcasf.ogg
my.mixtape.moe/uzoxfx.ogg
my.mixtape.moe/bdbizi.ogg
my.mixtape.moe/zjeghw.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaR34WTjYt4
youtube.com/watch?v=c2Es9S9tXTY
my.mixtape.moe/ffvioq.ogg
my.mixtape.moe/qbxsbs.ogg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder:

>user prefers bass-heavy sound to neutral sound

Nice try, OP. Now post your headphones and prove you aren't a poorfag in denial :^)

are you the same cutie who replied to the same image the last time?

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

Back again. Zs5's are fucking brilliant for the money. They're like a slightly shit portable 600. And that's a good thing.

>Idol trash here.
>What's your setup like, user?
the one where I get you pregnant

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

Pic + timestamp

pic + timestamp

Should I?
aliexpress.com/store/product/Venture-Electronic-VE-Zen-high-impedance-320-ohms-earbud/1924356_32302987270.html

I'm not the only claiming the HD 600s are the best

Neat, I'll keep a note of that in my mind.

How do you know they're not? Pic + timestamp to prove you've listened to HD600.

pic+timestamp

I asked you first

You asked me first, not him. Don't make assumptions about anonymous posters.

>get a new job
>buy Sony 1000 something or other noise cancelling bluetooth headphones
How many US dollars worth of fuck up did I do Sup Forums? I don't have enough time to bother with finding good deals and money is pouring in faster than I can spend it. I just heard Bose is a bad deal.

Then pic + timestamp

Time to share music:
my.mixtape.moe/gpahzb.ogg

If I provide pic+timestamp I will no longer get a free (You) in the form of every time I post so therefore I decline.

\o/

>Implying (You)s count for anything

Confirmed is falseflagging shitposter that doesn't even own the headphones.

Nah, i'm sure user owns the headphones, but I doubt user owns much of anything else :^)

>Wow, it's fucking subjective.

More music:
my.mixtape.moe/txvvyh.ogg

Fuck off.

my.mixtape.moe/hxezle.ogg

Sennheiser HD-25 1-II

Are those a meme headphone or not?

I luv anime music

Those are disgusting when it comes to comfort

Fuck me, I don't mind anime, but 95% of it is shit. It's all edgy shit aimed at 17 year olds. The good stuff is good. |But it's fucking rare.

my.mixtape.moe/hcttfl.ogg

Are you saying that Hey! Calorie Queen is bad?
:(

>Those are disgusting when it comes to comfort
Even with velour pads?

Liking the selection so far.
Keep it going user

my.mixtape.moe/zygosg.ogg

HD580

I'm sorry but I have no idea what that/they are. The only watchable anime imo are most of the studio ghibli films and the odd, old 'serious' films. Unless 2pd is your thing, you have to be a literal autistic dragon ball z fan to enjoy most anime. It's mostly cheesy as fuck. I love japan in general. But you all know I'm right.

Those shitty pads mixed in with the clamp, not to mention, being on ear headphones are what causes the discomfort. No idea if the velour pads will help

Virgin Load.
my.mixtape.moe/gpcaws.flac

my animes :)))))))))))))

my.mixtape.moe/hkcasf.ogg

By fripSide, sung by yoshino nanjo, who also voiced ayase eli in love live.

Is this some random jap pop star? the song is generic but decent I guess.

my.mixtape.moe/uzoxfx.ogg

I have Sennheiser HD 598s and Sony MDR7506.

What other memephones should I acquire next?

HD600, obviously.

Sennheiser HD600, Sony cd900st are options.

Focal ELEAR

Not a meme. Their comfort might be straight ass cheeks at first but your ears get used to it. I've got their Superlux clone and they're not too bad.

my.mixtape.moe/bdbizi.ogg

Budget?

$3 chink earbuds with EQ that makes it sound like HD800.

Nothing over $400 I guess.

Why would I want to EQ headphones to sound like treble cannons?

hd600

Folks, my collection so far.

What I have now:
Senn HD600
Senn HD25
JVC S500 (cable repaired, replaced earpads with the HD25 vinil spare earpad)
ATH m50x
Beats SOLO 2 (replaced cable, replaced earpads)

What I had at some point but they are no longer with me:
Creative Aurvana Live (broke, repaired and then gave to someone)
Koss KSC-75 (broke)
Koss Porta Pro (gave to someone)
AKG k414p (broke)

Should I get the Focal Elear next?

Is there a real difference between HD600 and HD650? Because all I can hear is a bit more bass in 650s and that's all.

my.mixtape.moe/zjeghw.ogg

The difference is either about 3 dB of extra bass in the HD650 or about 3 dB of extra treble in the HD600, depending on how you align the graphs when you compare them.
tl;dr: HD650 is about 3 dB darker.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZaR34WTjYt4
youtube.com/watch?v=c2Es9S9tXTY

>HD600
You do not need to upgrade in the full-sized open headphone category. In fact, you literally can't upgrade.
Get Etymotic ER-4S.

Last one I post for today:
my.mixtape.moe/ffvioq.ogg

The hd600. What are the Sony MDR-7506 actually like? to me they're the only headphone that I feel like I 'have to try'. They seem like an industry standard, they're closed and they look cool as fuck. I'd love to give them a try.

HD 600, HE-400i, Monolith M1060. Each one has their pros and cons, but I suggest you go and listen to each one yourself.

Yes, go for it!

What headphones do you use?

>You literally can't upgrade
Pic + timestamp

you are a cutie

>You do not need to upgrade in the full-sized open headphone category. In fact, you literally can't upgrade.
That's not true, I fell the bass on the HD-25 is better than what I hear from the HD-600.

>Get Etymotic ER-4S.
I'm not sure about using in-earphones. They can get your in ear canal really full of dirty.

I have owned both and the 600 is better. The 600's treble is already slightly recessed compared to most headphones which is a good thing in my experience. The fact that the 650 is even more recessed makes it inferior straight away. I do ad a tiny bit of sub bass on my 600 but even then it's still not as muddy overall as the 650. The 650 is an amazing headphone. The 600 is just slightly better.

aune S6+mdr-cd900st and he-400i.
Last one I post just because I love TrySail:
my.mixtape.moe/qbxsbs.ogg

>I'm not sure about using in-earphones. They can get your in ear canal really full of dirty.
If you're a germophobe just wipe them with an alcohol wipe before inserting them. If it's earwax you're worried about, earwax removal syringes are a miracle of the universe.

HD-25 bass is elevated, e.g. there is more bass than what is accurate. You can obtain an open headphone with more bass than the HD600 and you may subjectively prefer it but this will objectively be a downgrade.

Jvc harx 700 pretty good when i used cans

But what if you EQ treble on HD650?

Add 3 dB of treble to an HD650 and it's an HD600. Subtract 3 dB of treble from an HD600 and it's a HD650.

400i compared to the 600? Genuinely interested if you have owned the 600's before.

>hot glue in a headphone
eeeh... even for $180 i dunno

>400i
*Gluing intensifies*

You want glue?

I have the V6 and HD600, V6 has a boomier sounding bass that can't reach as low and is sloppier. High treble is more pronounced, a touch harsh. HD600's are more engaging with much better mids.

The same type of material as Sennheiser uses for their headband; chink.

You have a point, and I never did that. Is that all it takes for either headphone? They are both my first and second best headphone that I have ever tried. I prefer the cleaner sound of the 600. I feel that the 650 need the highs reduced, and the mid bas reduced. The 600 doesn't need anything, but I like a +2db sub bass boost, and that's still in a trial period.

Excellent taste, user.

>HD-25 bass is elevated, e.g. there is more bass than what is accurate.

I'm not talking about quantity.

The HD-25 is just sharper.

I'm a 600 owner and you need to fuck off. I want his honest opinion, not yours you fucking cretin.

>amamiya sora
10/10 would shake hand at idol handshake event.

Haven't heard the HD600s yet, was thinking of getting a new pair of headphones by the end of the year, I'm aiming at the HD800S tho.

I'll take hot glue in the headband over hot glue on the fucking driver any day.

>Hot glue
No no no, user. That's a different type of glue; chink glue!

Eh, it's not too big of a deal. Not to detract from the retardation & butthurt of our resident snap-poster.

The glue and plate was costing too much I guess, newer HE400i's don't even have the plate anymore.

Fair enough. I would love to try those too.

Where I can compere graphs with alignment?

How can I do this?

How good are the Sony MDR-7506? I love the looks and I'm almost tempted to buy them from amazon just to test them for a day and send them back. I'm a 600 owner. Is it even worth me doing this? are they even decent?