Why is it so good?

Why is it so good?

Independent, the devs know what they are doing, heavily desktop oriented and nice community.

Their recent release shows that they do work on things before pushing an update. I use Manjaro myself but it's a distro I closely follow.

I don't know, I use mint.

Harr! I LIKE MY OLD BARGE TOO

THE OCEAN IS MY HOME

HARR
A
R
R

keviiiiin ;_;

Solus Budgie is pretty nice. I think it's way better than ubunutu gnome or whatever for people who want a very Windows-like experience.

It's a nice little distro, shame they went with systemd but I guess that Ikey wanted to make it really ez for everyone.

I'm interested. In which distro is based?

It isn't based on anything else.

Alright, I'm interested at full. I'll give it a try.

How is its font rendering? I'm tied to Ubuntu cuz that :c

Because it's just Clear Linux patches, mostly.

/thread

Isn't solus just linux + their package manager they made + packages the devs picked out of debain testing that they like - then repackaging that?
>It isn't based on anything else
Kek'ed

Solus has a good default font rendering.

Fuck off kevin

Does it have systemd?

Yes

Then fuck off.

You are free to leave this thread

You are free to leave this Earth.

edgy

Can it be removed without fucking everything?

ok

No

Is Solus good enough to use anyway?

Solus is the new Elementary OS. Used only by hipsters. Tries to be different for the sake of being different over functionality.

>Tries to be different for the sake of being different over functionality.
Explain

Fuck you asshole

No

The installer has been copying /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/wizards/__init__.py for a good 10 minutes now.

there is ubuntu budgie, buts the solus de on ubuntu. should be able to install it right now as a separate de

It is

t. Kevin

bump

We are waiting user

I want to try Solus but I've been autistically getting Kubuntu into a state I like for weeks now, convince me to swap to Solus.

>He doesn't distro-hop on a regular basis

Isnt this what most distros are :^)

Shame that this thread doesn't have screens of solus to convince me

Don't awaken the kevin

>Isn't solus just linux + their package manager they made + packages the devs picked out of debain testing that they like - then repackaging that?

Nope, it's from scratch. The guy behind Solus is an ex-Intel guy that worked on Clear Linux. It uses the same of aggressive optimization, and it shows. Shit boots absurdly fast.

Kevin please go

Who the fuck is Kevin?

gtfo newfag

>I'm not autistic enough to remember the names of all namefagging shills, therefore I must gtfo
Eat shit you fucking nigger.

remember the fallen

Someone who shilled Solus a lot, a while back

Solus shill here. Can confirm it's excellent and suggest everyone install it.

>it was as many as four tens, and lex's stomach felt terrible.jpg
Oh shit I'm dying laughing

brainlet here

Why should I stick with OpenRC over systemd?

Technical arguments please, Pottering being a total faggot and Red Hat being international kikes obviously doesn't count

Pottering's faggotry is a technical argument. He refuses to admit that bugs are bugs because clearly his design is perfect. Narcissistic fuck.

Tell me: does it have packages?

Solus is only good if you want to us Budgie.

No reason to use it if you want any other DE.

Can I play Touhou?

>NMS wallpaper
>1.5GiB RAM idle
wew

>1.8GiB

From what I understand systemd connects things that don't need to be connected, meaning that a single failure becomes a system crash.

No

Lies, systemd is modular

>idle
They're both running the Electron-based piece of webdev shit named Discord. Look in the tray.

>webdev shit
>discord
can confirm. I have to use it for work however :c

It doesn't steal money from its users and doesn't rely on years of outdated LTS ubuntu releases.

One you go Arch Linux, you never go back.

this statement is factually correct

I did.