Orion IRC Client

Source Code: git.teknik.io/Zero3K/OrionIRC
IRC Channel: #orion via synIRC (Server List available at synirc.net/servers)
Webchat: cgiirc.synirc.net/
Discord Server: discord.gg/qDDS6wB
32-Bit Download Link: files.tellini.info/OrionSetup.exe

Why can't I just use $ torsocks hexchat

Why?

It is the lightest and fully functional IRC client that I have found that has an actual GUI.

I wonder if anyone can compile it on Linux.

And I was wondering if anyone could fix the issues I have with it. Which are:

1. Commands to run when connecting to the server are running before the server is able to accept them.

2. ASCII symbols aren't showing properly in a chatroom.

3. The server dialog box should remove the tree style and use a list style instead (which will also involve the removing the "parent server" options).

>the lightest
Why does that matter anymore? Are you running this on a Thinkpad with 1 GB of RAM?

It lets me use the RAM for other processes (such as my web browser).

presumably the input for the given channel has a server obj associated with it? if it's sending commands to a server obj the server obj should just put the commands into a queue and process on completion of the connection

I don't understand you. The commands are being put into the "On connect" tab of the Servers dialog box that is opened by clicking Server, Connect. It seems to not be waiting for the server to fully connect before sending the commands.

on point 2
AnsiString type is the first string type I see in the code. That may be your issue with certain symbols

Why is this any better than +x and a bouncer?

IRC clients are glorified text viewers, they shouldnt use more than 1-2MB of RAM. Anything more is a pile of shit.

I'm not a coder. Please provide a patch if you are able to fix it. Then someone else could compile it with the patch applied to it.

I figured that out when I read
but as I was grepping i ran into a dfm
It's some type of borland format or something.
So that's about as far as I'm going to go

You can search for how to convert them to the proper code format via Google.

or you could do it yourself

I don't feel like doing it.

Just use Hexchat.

>not mIRC

Thanks, but no thanks.

Stop shilling your shitty irc client. Nobody even uses irc anymore.

That's not true.

i dont know what to use irc for, i download from #horriblesubs thats it. everyone uses discord now

I use it for chatting with people.

>IRC client
>has an official discord channel
Telling.

Its not official. I just made it in case people want to use it.

a lot of people still use irc, myself included, but if you can't/won't write software, you can't expect others to just pick up and do your pet projects for you.

Is there any reason not to just set its proxy settings to go through Tor? That also reduces the risk of an IP leak in case you have it set to automatically log in to clearnet servers on startup and accidentally run it without torsocks.

No secure connection support?

Why are you so desperate to shill this? It's old, dead and unsupported. You can't code? You're lazy and not willing to learn to do it yourself? Don't even bother. Did you really expect anyone here to be interested to do whatever you listed in your bug or feature request list just for your own convenience?

Use Hexchat or mIRC or whatever that's still being developed today and call it a day.

hexchat is shit tho

>so how does your irc client stand out from the rest?
>IT LOOKS LIKE WINDOWS 98
>AND WE HAVE A DISCORD SERVER

Honestly, why? Does it even have SSL support?

>creates IRC client
>has a discord server

Its not mine.

bump

What, was hexchat not good enough?

I like the look of Orion more.

Are you joking right now? Orion looks like a fucking meme. I don't think GUIs are that important, but you can't honestly claim that your GUI looks good.

Why should I bother with this instead of just using chatzilla to bloat my browser even more?

>using discord to talk about development of an IRC client
?

Because bloating your browser is bad.

>That also reduces the risk
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA

I'll remove the channel on my Discord server.

>"my Discord server"

I'm glad you millennial faggots are too dumb to use irc.

IRC is a GenX thing, fuck off kids.

Twitch.tv uses IRC for the stream's chatroom.

what isn't shit
every irc cleint is shit.