/ptg/ - Private Tracker General : Weeb Cosplay Spoilers Edition

Previous:

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/hrXxMHs9 (embed)
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

News:

Everyone, we have been a honey pot the entire time......

We are actually moles for the Goverment...

We all are coming to arrest you as we type this message.

niggers

>tfw I just want to get into KG so I can watch more than mere complex animated cartoons from japan

no one fuckin cares faggot

You cared enough to reply OP

1. no, i only cared enough to point out that you're a faggot
2. i'm not op
3. you don't get to talk to me, faggot

samefag

and?

People actually think TehC could replace PTP?

There would have to be a replacement, TehC is laughable in its current state.

why

do

you

type

this?

why

are

you

such

an

autist?

?

TehC has actually gotten a lot better. I don't think anyone is claiming it's great, and its content is lacking quite a bit, but in the hypothetical where PTP dies, what do you think would happen? Everyone will rush to get into TehC and suddenly lots of shit will get uploaded. Even if someone creates a direct replacement to PTP then TehC would still improve as a result of PTP dying.

¿

TehC has and will always be just a stepping stone.

OK, you tell me what happens in the event PTP dies and TehC is the only pure movie tracker in existence. What happens exactly from the second that PTP goes down.

Probably the same thing that happened to Waffles. Movie trackers will hydra, someone will make something better than TehC and then we will go back to forgetting that it exists.

Even if Teh becomes absolutely great, 312c et al will inevitably make something of their own because Teh is not run by them.

After transferring stuff off my seedbox, I plan to keep seeding on my home connection just to get the extra time/bonus points. Should I just install rutorrent, so it matches my seedbox?

>implying waffles is anywhere as near as good as teh

Sup Forums Spoilers in Sup Forums

you should install it because it eats less resources and is more stable than others

this

waffles was down for quite a while after what went down and by that time they came back online red, apollo, and nwcd were already up

Whos gonna be the brave user to drop by Pooloos suggestion forum and suggest that they open signups and go for the number game? It's seriously the best decision for them at this point, RED already got the elitists and competing with RED is pointless.

It'll happen without someone making a suggestion. They've been losing 100 or so users everyday for awhile now.

what numbers game? they need to work on the tracker, fix the logchecker, get more competent staff, tighten up quality control and maybe finally rollout the long promised bonus point system. people are leaving because literally no progress is happening from the staff side and the site feels abandoned by the devs, not because it lacks in numbers.

I have a problem with the "trackers" section on qbittorent. I have hundreds of torrents for multiple trackers, but it only shows a handful of them under this section. Under the regular browse menu everything shows up fine.

Anyone know how to fix this?

>qbittorrent
>5 torrents on RED in the tracker section
/marked/, was nice knowing you

>torrent on windows
kek

file an issue on their github

and then save your torrents, delete the appdata and load your torrents again.

pretty sure this was fixed recently".

how am set up autosnatch freeleech on AB and/or GGn

RSS doesn't seem to have freeleech only

autodl-irssi

wait shit i forgot rutorrent had a rss manager thing

do I just put "Freeleech" in the filter and check title field only
or am I missing something obvious here

is autodl-irssi better for this sort of thing, or is just the rss manager fine?

Anyone else here use utorrent just to have the .torrent icons?

i will grant ten million tens to the first person who changes their title to "/ptg/" on the website animebytes.tv

i mean yens not tens

>unironically needing handouts at AB

It's yen, not yens, plural doesn't exist in Japan. No joke.

>started snatching FL on SCC
>forgot about the 2.0 minimum ratio for archive
>deleted all torrents above 1.0
>there's no 'potential H&R' functionality (or even snatch history)
Anything I can do?
FL isn't marked and my buffer is not enough to download every torrent uploaded since I started snatching.

You also have to add IRC announce channel and tracker passkey.

Way better, because oftentimes race is over in seconds and I haven't seen a client that could check RSS more often than every minute.

It does: hitobito, senpaitachi, karera, etc.
But yeah, it's limited.

>database error
REEEEEEEE

Can't download my delicious albums

>Whos gonna be the brave user to drop by Pooloos suggestion forum and suggest that they open signups and go for the number game? It's seriously the best decision for them at this point, RED already got the elitists and competing with RED is pointless.
"Elitists" meaning "people who upload".

>what numbers game? they need to work on the tracker, fix the logchecker, get more competent staff, tighten up quality control and maybe finally rollout the long promised bonus point system. people are leaving because literally no progress is happening from the staff side and the site feels abandoned by the devs, not because it lacks in numbers.
Making a bonus points system will just make people concentrate on seeding the most profitable torrents, and probably hurt overall retention.

Are you retarded?
You tailor the BP system so that the ones in danger of dying are most profitable.

it's up

now it's back down

update your qbittorrent you fucking loser

>dying on a piss easy tracker like RED/APL

Are you broken? Misquote?

I'm getting re-check error always at the same percentages on a couple torrents I was seeding just fine yesterday before switching from qbit to deluge. Same errors happen even back on qbit now. Would like to seed them without re-downloading since they're pretty big. What do thanks?

>the ones in danger of dying
Correct quote. If you die on an easy tracker like APL or RED where you literally can scour any web blog for 2017 autosnatch uploads, any doujin forum, any bandcamp page and so forth and still don't survive - then you shouldn't be on any private tracker to begin with.

Bait?
protip: read the chain

>JPS has a bonus points system
>buffer is worthless
>AB has a bonus points system
>buffer is worthless
>PTP has a bonus points system
>buffer is worthless
>BTN has a bonus points system
>buffer is worthless
>OT has a bonus points system
>buffer is worthless
>MAM has a bonus points system
>buffer is worthless
>EMP has a bonus points system
>buffer is worthless
>AHD has a bonus points system
>buffer is worthless
Really... makes me think?

It's taken me a lot longer than I would like to admit but i've set it up
Am I able to trust this freeleech setting to only get freeleech or is there a way to set it up to just log the match instead of adding it to download so I can see it for myself
Just a bit paranoid

>trackers without safety nets consistently fail
really makes ME think

If the announce channel doesn't allow freeleech it won't download, so it's foolproof.
You can also set up an action to e.g. download .torrent files to a dummy folder or whatever if you are scared.

Thanks user

>*doesn't announce
And I'm not even phoneposting or tired.
Am I slowly getting retarded?

this general is so pathetic

>IPT has a bonus points system

marked

why isn't Ian sending invites?

neon

he is, be patient

kyle

If that's AnimeBytes, I'm pretty sure they don't include freeleech in the announce, so you'll need to set it up to just grab 1080p stuff. Also bear in mind on the trackers that do announce freeleech, if it's a percentage based freeleech, the percentage needs to be set, while the freeleech dropdown should be blanked out, not yes/no. That eluded me for a while until I figured it out.

Honestly though, I wouldn't. It'll just make your stats look like shit. Sitewide freeleech comes up like once a month-ish, just wait for that and bookmark the stuff you want for now. Seed it, you'll make enough buffer off that and the yen you'll collect. It's pretty trivial to get at least 2k yen a day, which 10 GB+ upload a week.

it's been 3 weeks

/marked/

invites for what?

Sorry man, autodl-irssi set to FL just werks (TM) on AB.
Take your posturing elsewhere.
I recommend reddit.

>It'll just make your stats look like shit.
Nothing looks worse than 10TB of buffer, you got that right.

Autodl-irssi has matched about 3 torrents so far in freeleech

>Sitewide freeleech comes up like once a month-ish
Then I probably shouldn't be trying to build up buffer now then
Only other reason i'd probably try is to get PU but even then that doesn't look very easy (10+ uploads)

>if it's a percentage based freeleech, the percentage needs to be set
In these trackers, is the percentage the same sitewide, or is it announced with the torrent?

You can just transcode flacs

Yeah shit i'm retarded, didn't think of that

>no qbittorrent 3.3.4

So anyone know of a VPS provider with better internet?

I've been using a digital ocean VPS and frankly the upload speeds could be better. Early morning or late night it's okay, over 1gbps, but during peak hours it can drop below 100mbps.

If you want consistency you'll need a dedi.

>wanting bugs

kek, now you idiots don't even want to update FOSS.

I just wish the upload hit wasn't so severe. I wouldn't care if it was just effecting my seeding, but it effects how long it takes me to download the files to my primary PC at home.

Guess i'll do some research on cheap dedicated boxes maybe. Even if it's dedicated 500mbps or something it'd be better than this.

My home connection is 1gbps, so having my VPS upload speed be my bottleneck is just frustrating.

You've got such a stupidly fast connection you'll have a hard time finding something cheap
must be nice though, I only have 300KB/s

>you'll have a hard time finding something cheap
Yeah just looking around for a few minutes and it's looking like most offerings are in europe, and i doubt i'd manage 500mbps+ with trans-Atlantic traffic.

Maybe I just need to set up a dedicated seedbox at home since i've got the speed and no data cap.

What's the best way to build up buffer on GGn
The personalized FL picks don't seem like they'll contribute much

Would autodl-irssi work or are freeleech games not announced at all

Need the buffer since I want to request a game that's apparently really hard to come by now

If you have a good seedbox autograbbing everything still works

>not using labels

pleb

As in non-freeleech?
Sounds risky but I guess I need to give it a shot

Yeah, I have a LeaseWeb dedi and I was getting ratios or 6-7 on most grabs
I was just grabbing everything

That's with an SSD right
My current seedbox has a normal HDD so I don't know if it can perform that well
It claims 20gbps but I don't even think it can practically approach speeds those fast

No, HDD
What provider are you with?

i have 1gbps internet at home, hard drives handle 1gbps just fine unless it's 5+ years old.

Ultraseedbox

Yeah, I do get what I pay for but I wanted to use it as a cloud storage thing as well, so I wanted to try and get a cheap plan

I've tried USB and they're pretty good, I've had better experiences with USB than I have with Seedhost. My dedi is 1gbps, it's not like I'm pushing 500MB/s upload speeds
Give it a shot and just baby the server, there's only a release every hour or so anyway

oh and make sure you're using deluge

I'll give it a go, thanks for the help

Yeah, that might be the issue there
I've been using rtorrent, is it really that shit?

SIG HAS AN INVITE THREAD IN THE FORUMS

rtorrent is a good client, but Deluge is simply better for autograbbing
You'll notice the improvement
We all know, nobody cares
take your (you)