AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*inhales*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahaaaaahhh

*takes a deep breath*

I thought that was a nvidia game

REPEAT AFTER ME

1070 PERFORMANCE

Vega 10 wasn't meant for gayming you fucking retard. It is meant for general compute and real work where it manages to try blows with GP102 at such loads or exceed it in some cases.

Go back to gayming on your overpriced gaming console.

still love how you faggots really believe it was designed to be a gaming gpu
they wanted to rip off the miners so they wouldnt be able to get more of your gayming cards without going bankrupt because of absurd electricity prices

SAY THE LINE SHILL

"i-it wasn't meant to be gaming gpu!"

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

>This gaming card isn't for gaming retard
The pathetic state of the AMD shill.

It is not a shill line, You idiot, come back in learn how computers actually work.

If it had a sight idea on how they work. It becomes painfully obvious that Vega wasn't never meant for gayming first. It is just an afterthought.

It is akin to Nvidia releasing a customer-tier GP100 SKU to the gayming market and it fails to impress the gayming crowd despite what is can do on paper.

That's why they axed all of the general compute shit and made "GP102". They clock the shit of it and you get yourself 1080Ti and Titan XP.

Vega 10 is AMD's GF100.

>destiny 2

*inhales*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahaaaaahhh

*takes a deep breath*

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

CAN WE STOP NOW

Looks fine for the money to me...what's the deal? Or are we supposed to be mad that AMD isn't beating 1080ti?

Its cheaper...it performs as its priced. I'm failing to see how this is even decent bait at all. I mean sure ya got a response...but I just think you have downs syndrome really...I thought trolls were supposed to piss me off not make me feel sympathy...

AMD is pathetic. God to think that I used to shill it here..

>Or are we supposed to be mad that AMD isn't beating 1080ti?
R56 does if you do the power tables mod but be prepared for 400W card.

HEY FAGGOT

YES YOU

IF NVIDIA IS SO GREAT THEN WHY IS THERE A BLACK MARKET AMONG MINERS FOR AMD CARDS?

CHECKMATE FAGGOT, NO ONE CARES ABOUT VIDEO GAMES ANYMORE. EVERYONE IS MAKING MAD DOSH WITH AMD

Yep, cherry-picking a "Gameworks" title of all things.

The reality is only a tiny crowd gives a shit about high-end GPUs. The rest of the world still rides on 1060s and 970s with a smaller number of 470 and 460 out there.

The days of widespread discrete GPU usage is coming to an end. iGPUs are slowly but surely are becoming "good enough" for the normies and "nu-gaymers" a.k.a majority of the discrete market.

Nvidia already seen the wall on this and have been moving away from gayming GPUs as their bread and butter since Fermi. AMD already moved away since Tahiti/Hawaii failed to overtake Kepler/Maxwell. They are shooting for Navi/Zen and beyond to regain their marketshare.

So, wait...
The second hand 980ti I have is just as good as Vega 64?
Fuuuuuuuck.

Still no good FOSS driver support though..

Funny how they are always shooting at the generation right after this one.
>just wait for the Fury guys
>just wait for Polaris guys
>just wait for Vega guys
>just wait for Navi guys
>just wait some more guys

no, it really is a nvidia game
I think you get a copy if you purchase a retail gtx card

You say that, but according to steam - a reasonable metric for PC gaming GPUs, the 1070 and 1080 have more users than 1060 users.

Vega 64 is faster then 980Ti at gayming in most stuff (a.k.a not Gameworks BS that runs like shit on anything that's Nvidia's greatest/leatest) but it consumes quite a bit more power. It blows it out of the water in general compute.

980Ti was always a beast at gayming and it still holds up today.

Roughly, 980ti == 1070 == V64
is that right? or is it between V64/56

Who cares honestly? Just get a decent midrange card...plays anything you want at 1080p...if you need 1440 but a Vega or 107p or 1080...4k you're an early adopter and you're gonna get bent over and ducked on the price so its not worth it...wait a generation and that will be fine.

Seriously...I can play any game I've wanted to at max setting with an rx 470 8gb and a fucking fx8320e...so what should I or anyone else care about who has the most powerful card?

Maybe when second gen gr8 comes around sure...but by then well have better mid range shit anyway. Maybe if you're an enthusiast who like to blow money on worthless bullshit then sure knock yourself out.

I don't get it really...but I'm not a paid shill.

lol

Everspace really stretches the legs of my 1700X and 980Ti to run at 72Hz.
I couldn't see how it could possibly hit a consistent 60fps on an FX and 470.

Fucking phone auto correcting bullshit...

It is all about the long-game. AMD RTG already gave up on reclaiming the "high-end gayming" market after Tahiti/Hawaii weren't able to overtake Kepler/Maxwell.

They are shooting for low-end and mid-range market by their making iGPU solutions "good enough" to the normies/"nu-gaymers". They make-up up the bulk of the revenune in the discrete GPU market.

HBM2 and Infinity Fabric are critical pieces to the puzzle (solves the "bandwidth" problem with iGPUs).

The reality is that high-end gayming market doesn't "matter anymore". It is going the way of 1960-1970s era Muscle cars. A small, but vocal niche that is fueled by its own nostalgia.

Nvidia already knows this and wants to avoid becoming 3Dfx 2.0. They have been throwing "billions" at escaping from "gayming" market as their bread and butter.

980 Ti - June 2, 2015
1080 - May 27, 2016

I DID say games I want to play right? Adjust your system for your own shit but I can max the following...

Alien isolation.
Resident evil 7.
Tera mmo.
Deus ex mankind divided.
Hit man.
Metro 2033 and last light redux.

So yeah I'm fine. Also have a 27inch freesynch monitor though so that may be helping me out a bit...only 150 though so how could I refuse?

>>They are shooting for low-end and mid-range
>by releasing cards at high end prices

weren't you saying that $400/$500 is new mid range last year?

1080Ti isn't exactly that far behind in power consumption my friend. 1080 isn't that light on power either.

High-end GPUs since Fermi have never been about power efficiency. They have been pushing their clockspeed/power efficiency envelope to the edge. AMD GPUs just have been it making more obvious.

ITT: kiddies who were in diapers/pre-school when performance GPUs used not be massive cards with dual-slot cooler slapped onto them.

what settings were used?
gimpworks devalues any benchmark, it adds nothing to visuals and only hogs performance
if it's without gimpwork effect then it's sad
if it's with - it's amazing vega can keep up as it does, in hawaii case we'd see 60% worse result compared to nvidia

They are just "Frontier/Instinct" rejects just how 1080Ti/TItans are really just "Quadro/Tesla" rejects.

You got to recoup that massive R&D cost somehow. AMD RTG has been making the bulk of its revenue on 460, 470 and 480. Nvidia's cash cows are 1050, 1060 and 1070 via sheer volume.

>Vega 10 wasn't meant for gayming
the absolute state of amdrones

AMD and Nvidia bro's, all the memespouting aside, we should all be sad about this.

I can't remember the last time one of both sides was this far behind in the gpu war.

AMD released an architecture that can barely compete with Nvidia's third fastest card from 1,5 years ago, at a much higher power draw, and that's even with HBM2, which saves roughly 35-50w versus regular GDDR setups.

Even though it's funny that all the AMD overhyping fanboys got their asses handed to them with this awfull architecture, the end result is bad for all of us.

It will just mean stagnation in gpu innovation.

Fuck AMD how could you fuck this up so badly?

>>Vega 10 wasn't meant for gayming
Correct. RX Vega is the scum at the bottom of the barrel of silicon. It just happens to not be bad at gaming, and can be solved as a gaming GPU.

It's an Nvidia sponsored game and has Gameworks. It's also in beta and RX Vega drivers have not been patched for it yet (heck a lot of games have still not been patched for Vega).

There are also AMD sponsored games that show it beating Nvidia's GTX 1080.

Swings and roundabouts...

This card was always and only meant for gaming, bruh. You're now just posting shit.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

it's 60-70w higher = nothing
it's equal fps in most games, it loses less than 7% in unfavorable case and wins in favorable meaning it's equal performance

fuck GN brainwashing so many kids while making clever face and knowing nothing or intentionally avoiding facts is a feat to behold

Who the hell uses the word dosh anymore?

>it's 60-70w higher
Yeah..no

msut add on afterthought
NO i'm not saying you should buy vega right now, it would be stupid, what i'm saying that hardware is good for the price it's intended at, and if market wasn't fucked it would be a good card

TWO HUNDRED WATTS

GPUs have been stagnating for a long time. Nvidia has been milking and tweaking the Fermi architecture. Maxwell was the last significant "tweak". Pascal is just Maxwell with clockspeed roids thanks to 16nm process.

Vega is just a massive tweaked GCN that favors general compute and professional graphics over silly gayming just like GP100, GK100 and GF100....

Vega 10 is literately AMD's GF100. Hot, underwhelming gayming performance at launch but rock at professional/general compute.

And keep in mind, this is the AIR version on balanced mode, the liquid cooled version draws even more power, alot more

>GPU shitposting
>again
Oh come on.

>it's 60-70w higher = nothing

Welcome to Sup Forums. Enjoy your stay.
It's been like this for a decade.

you never post tom's and compare to AIB 1080, I wonder why