GTX 1070 performance

>GTX 1070 performance

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/game-bench/3037-destiny-2-gpu-benchmark-frametimes-graphics-optimization
hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/44084-amd-radeon-rx-vega-56-und-vega-64-im-undervolting-test.html
anandtech.com/show/10325/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-and-1070-founders-edition-review/19
youtube.com/watch?v=d5ZsaavKNR8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whats the problem?

aren't you tried?
are gimpwroks effects enabled or not?

Incoming 'just wait' remarks

people also saying ti runs well, this graph doesn't look like it so I assume gimpworks are enabled which makes it amazing for vega to keep up at all

>just wait
>just undervolt
>just wait for drivers
>just wait

>Nvidia sponsored Gameworks title
ftfy

>resolution above FHD
Irrelevant. If I wanted that I'd buy a console.

>just cherry pick benchmarks from games that support your favourite nvidia card

how does this make any sense to you?

Gimpwork + Beta game.....

>meanwhile amdrones post dirt 4

something janky is going on
detail and textures are not even that high yet cards are only around 60
>inb4 rendering water you cannot even see
>inb4 1 mil tris on the guns
1070 should be ploughing through that

either gimpworks or shit engine

people say it runs well though, with some drops, even on amd
so it's another case of "honest" and "real case" benchmarking with cranking everything up to unrealistic standards that have zero visual impact
also fucking TXAA, god..

>average FPS's only as if it's says anything in concrete

there you go user, a more comprehensive review:
gamersnexus.net/game-bench/3037-destiny-2-gpu-benchmark-frametimes-graphics-optimization

SM*

It means I'll just get the cheapest one on the list, with the lowest power draw. Because that's all I need. And it should give a stable 60fps for all relevant games.

>people say it runs well though, with some drops, even on amd
AMDfags would say that.

>friendly reminder that nvidia(tm) geforce(tm) gtx(tm) cards are custom pcbs for current gen games with half the tflop perf of amd video cards
gaymers >> Sup Forums
power users welcome on this board

will see this evening how my 390 handles it
but it's rarely the case if game runs bad and Sup Forums not full of "end of pc" and the like threads

if you enjoy 512x512 shadows, sure

Poor 980Ti getting gimped hard. It was on par with GTX1080 year ago... They dont even try to hide it anymore.

>having shadows enabled

Why the gap between the 1080 and the ti is that huge?

It makes no sense to me. Its like they have some kind of a Ti switch.
>1080Ti detected
>enable +30% performance mode

New games are optimized for new GPUs, as drivers and game engines mature they begin to utilize features only seen on new GPUs.

yeah, nah
there is something janky as fuck going on
something is eating the shit out of computes

good chance of that

Raja should resign. Ditch HBM2 for a while.

>gimpworks beta title

Wow, nice cherry pick. Too bad about the composite results from the end of that same test though.

I can see what from these screenshots, global illumination done by nvidia rays, same shit was going on in fo4 for no reason.

>post yfw activision is just using destiny 2 on pc to mine ethereum

delete this

I think the difference is from the fact that most people won't be running their 980Ti benchmarks OC'd for some ungodly reason.

>Blizzard literally states that SMAA is broken
>on their site
>somehow it is relevant benchmark

>980ti is worse than FuryX
>And 1070
lol what?

980Ti's always been ~5-10% behind the 1070 with stock speeds.

drivers got better, and that's coming from nvidiabutterup

Yeah, its an absolute monster if a card when overclocked. Mine would hit a solid 1470mhz, many people got much higher than that even. So many benchmarks never account for that 30-50 percent frequency uplift, outside of launch day reviews

Mine only stays stable in really picky games like OW/Hitman at 1400, otherwise I'd be able to push it to around there in shit like 3dmark without issue :^(

hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/44084-amd-radeon-rx-vega-56-und-vega-64-im-undervolting-test.html

a wild undervolt appears

>BETA
>game nobody plays
Keep telling yourself that.

wait are you saying that maxwell 2.0 is different than maxwell 3.0? thats cute

>smaa on 1440p

>It was on par with GTX1080 year ago...
No it wasn't, it was always slower than the 1080 outside of a few anomalies.

That said, it was as fast as the 1070 and now it's not so the gimping is definitely real.

How on earth all of those cards perform so low? The game doesn't look that special.

Also, fuck 980ti gimping.

I literally can't tell the difference between these screens.

390 was as fast as a 970 at launch, now it's 10% ahead. times change.

3 of them 50 fps faster than the other, are you blind?

u fukn wot m8, there's no FPS counter in those screen

The average of is 1392 on hwbot. Also most cards already boosted up to 1200 when tdp and temps allowed so it's actually not a huge improvement in reality.

I'm aware, the 970 was always shit though.

Fucking hell. I just bought a used 970 over 390. Thought I was getting a good deal but should fucking never trust Nvidia fuck.

The 390 is pretty shit too, I bought one on release and never got good frames in new games at the time.

t. assmad amdrone who will be buying Nvidia next generation

NVIDIA SourMilk® technology

Have never played/seen the game but your making me interrested.
Can someone that owns the game use PerfStudio to see how much tesselation is happening on models and post screenshots? This was also a huge problem with Crysis 2 with DX11 enabled. Would be funny if it's also rendering water when there isn't any like with Crysis 2.

There's always so much look at these benchmarks in these threads without looking into why and discussing the technology responsible for it. Let's make this threads Sup Forums instead of Sup Forums.

Why is scaling so bad?
1080 is double the 1060, but it's only 40% faster.

No it wasn't. Since launch it's been 1060>=980 and 980Ti>=1070 with the 900 series having higher power draw.

I hope the 56 turns out to be good. I've got a 980Ti so I don't really need to upgrade, but if the shader and drivers get fixed and the undervolt meme has some truth to it, maybe it'll be worth it in a year when prices drop.

Current state of pcgayming, it a snake oil

>when prices drop
That doesn't look likely

Real time graphics is all about tricks that emulate lighting. Its like everything is a bad approximation of the real thing, so when you want more realism the approximations have to become more accurate and difficulty goes up rapidly.

In a year when ethereum tanks and Volta is out, AMD won't have a lot of a choice if they want to keep selling.

open beta in 2-4 hours
download it yourself
but it's tessellation again, god rays turned to 11 usually do that

Does it have a Linux port? I don't have a Windows machine ready for testing.

>980ti

What the heck man...

F

1070 was alway faster than 980ti idiot...

no company optimizes for cards, the optimize for card features.

If your card takes advantage of something it will run better on that card, what we see here is nvidia sunsetting driver support for the 900 series and only offering up game breaking fixes rather than any support after the fact.

>people play dirt 4

It was faster than stock 980Ti. OC 980Ti was on par with GTX1080...

at launch a 980ti was within a 2% deviation above or below a 1080 with, there was no real performance uptick from old nvidia cards to new ones, and there was no better performance per $ uptick at eithers launch because of the founders edition and then 3rd parties launching cards at or above founders.

>OC 980Ti was on par with GTX1080...
Autism: the post

likley vram

I would've liked to see Vulkan performance
the devs made their engine multi core from the start

Not it's not, we can see in the posted graphs it's only faster than the 1080 in one game

I don't think you understand, those dirt 4 benchmarks were done with no AA or CMAA. Which means the drivers for Vega haven't been optimized fully yet. AMD knows this yet they hastened to release pro drivers first because of miners and professionals.

But that also brings up an important point: is AA necessary at a 1440p resolution on computer monitors? Most people won't be using their 60" 4K flatscreen TVs for gaymen.

>see top left
>first thing I spot is the aliasing
>"surely that'll look a lot better on high settings"
>go to bottom right
>aliasing is still there
I mean the shadows and lighting are a bit better, as well as the textures, but highest settings are probably incredibly disproportionally difficult to run compared to low.

Both are easily overclock able.

64 = 1080
56 = 1070

Just because they are 18 months late use double the power and have no stock and require tonnes of tweaking and have no aftermarket coolers and are insanely over priced doesn't mean amd fucked up...

No seriously ryzen is great

Wait we're talking about Vega ain't we?

>Poor 980Ti getting gimped hard. It was on par with GTX1080 year ago...

t. bitter 980ti owner

Learned my lesson the hard way.

t.ex 480GTX owner.

They need to release tweakable bios,much progress has been done on loonix where you can boot bios on top of the existing one but you cant do that on windows.

What makes the 1080Ti so different that is absolutely rapes everything else

>26.8fps

So what about fixing voltages and adjusting the clocks by yourself?
Did anyone but that one german site do it?
I've only seen individuals on hw forums do it everyone else just moves the voltage a little and calls it a day

Drivers,nvidia does some voodoo on top of dirty tactics

980ti has matched a 1070 from day one

no_gimp_365.41

is there broofs of this what is stopping Zhangxui from using chink magic to use Ti drivers on a regular 1080

>gains 10% performance by using less voltage
>any coolers are confirmed to be gimping the card at any level
>people fighting over how to get 100% of their GPU working
Why is amd such a god damn mess

Experience i'd wager.
Nvidia was doing it a long time ago, after that physx driver spoofing on AMD they really upped their driver locking game and it's not easy to do much.

>at launch a 980ti was within a 2% deviation above or below a 1080 with
you're wrong
anandtech.com/show/10325/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-and-1070-founders-edition-review/19

No idea.
They did the same overvolting firestorm on polaris.
This is so incompetent it looks like someone is doing it on purpose

example new Final Fantasy XV

Supports Nvidia
>Nvidia Game Works
>Nvidia Turf Effects
>Nvidia Hair Works
>Nvidia Flow
>Nvidia HFTS
>Nvidia VXAO
>Nvidia Ansel

AMD tech
>none

youtube.com/watch?v=d5ZsaavKNR8

>games that support your favourite nvidia card
>games that support nvidia

Are you bragging about not having support for AMD? I'm confused.

If there is X16 AA doesnt mean you have to use it on 4K.
I mean people do but w/e

What's the point of a liquid cooled model if 100% of the cards throttle at stock anyways

This is one of the most cherry picked pictures I've seen today.

Comparing a fucking Lightning model vs stock cards is just beyond retarded even for Sup Forums.

>all these salty 980ti owners ITT

C'mon guy, if you dont have money to upgrade every gen for those mad gains just roll with AMD.