What does Sup Forums prefer? Sennheiser or Beyerdynmic?

What does Sup Forums prefer? Sennheiser or Beyerdynmic?

I was thinking of getting a pair of Beyerdynmic Dt 770 Pro's since I've tried my friends and it would fit my budget quite nicely. I did own a pair of Sennheisers before but tht was a few years ago and they were open-back.

Which do you guys like more?

Can't say anything for senngayser but I have DT990 premiums and they are comfy as fuck, and sound good. Got them on super sale last November for 120$ in 650Ohm. I think the 770s are more V shaped or maybe bass heavy I can't remember which.

You're posting closed backs. In that particular field Sup Forums seems to prefer Sony.
As far as every day use it's AKG 712 for me.

There's a general for this.

Beyerdynamics motherfucker. Sennheiser is overdriven pleb tier

You need an ampli for beyerdynamic. I bought Sennheiser because it was overall cheeper.

I'm back, got busy for a while. And yeah I was looking for closed backs. From what I've heard is that the 770s have amazing sub bass. I was also thinking of getting the 32 Ohm version since it's better for traveling as well and can be powered by my phone. The only problem is that I have to order the velour pads because they don't come with them on the 32ohm model

Brandwhoring is fucking retarded, each company has gems and each company has shit
DT 770's are fantastic headphones, they were one of my first real headphones (after the disgusting garbage that was ATH-M50) and I sill love them to this day
I think the DT880s are more neutral, but they're open so may be less useful to you
The DT990s are open but not as neutral as the 880's, I call them "open 770's" basically
Don't spend too much money, DT 770s can be found for damn cheap used

They have no idea what they're talking about that's just a showcase thread

The only real problem is that I have to pay 25 bucks extra for velour ear cups. I think it's worth the price though. I'm actually using Razer headphones cause I'm a pleb. Can't wait to get them.

Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

You do realize Sennheiser makes quite a lot of headphones, out of which some require AMP and some don't. Same goes for Beyerhiss.

>From what I've heard is that the 770s have amazing sub bass
If you consider niggerbass canon headphones as good sub bass, then I guess that's for you. V shaped headphones are generally garbage and not something I would ever use personally after discovering how neutral open headphones sound. I would look into Sony mdr 7506 if I were you. But I guess if you are specifically looking for headphones with elevated lows and highs and recessed mids than you might like dt770.

German Maestro (GMP400) and STAX (first generation Lambda Pro).

T1 is good, but too expensive relative to SQ (HD800 is miles ahead in everything), DT990 circa 1990 is good build quality wise, but alas, it's not really hi-fi. Current production DT990, DT880 and 770 are shit quality and only 880 sounds decent.

It's not the kind of overpowering bass as the shitty Beats by Dr. Nig but rather just in the low end. Well if i read it correctly, correct me if I'm wrong

And HD800 is too expensive of course too, but the main problem is the shitty earpads (why the fuck not use the same synthetic velour as in previous flagships and enough padding?).

Yes, I have all the 'too expensive' headphones, but I don't consider them good buys unlike the German Maestro GMP400's or the used Lambda Pro's, which I got for 40$.

>plebberdynamic with niggerbasses
>glorious Sennheiser
Nothing to ask.

I have AKG K712's and they're pretty good, still ordered myself a pair of Sennheiser HD 6xx from massdrop this summer for a Christmas present to myself.

aesthetics is king
no detachable chord = not good enough
we like detachable chords, we like quality merchandise
we want it all and dub sack with pop out lights
technically speaking... flat is where its at when it comes to audio

Haven't actually heard of those. I might check them out if I get the time. Thanks for suggesting them

I was thinking about Audiotechnica xM40 when it comes to detachable cables since the xM50s are quite shite

Nice, good luck with those

a fucking what now?
I know what you really meant is hifiman
have some respect for your ears dude

I'll look into those. Hope I can afford them though

along with a proper amp, you're looking at something a whole grand to spend
hifi audio is an expensive hobby

Audio-Technica A500/700/900X are where it's at desu senpai

This is exactly how headphone discussions should start. Please never direct anyone to a general ever again.

I bought the HD6xxs in the first batch they did and I love them. Burn in is definitely a thing. And a dac/amp does improve the sound over the computer soundcard (currently have an FiiO e10k).

I'll probably upgrade to objective2+odac or the Schiit stack this Christmas.

I've already got an amp/DAC so no worries there.

And with the 2nd batch of HD6xx coming this december i'd expect a good number of amp/DAC sales in october/november.

Can confirm, love my dt770s

Thanks ya'll for the suggestions. Bringing me a step further into buying something worth my cash, even though I'm on a tight budget.

Massdrop rarely has good deals. Sometimes it's even cheaper to buy from Amazon. Most of the time Massdrop beats the amazon price by $5-10 and I don't mind paying the extra few bucks if it means getting the product within 3 days rather than 3 months.

The HD6xx are an exception and an amazing deal.

I only ever buy exceptions, i've been on massdrop since ~2013-2014 and i've spent probably $10,000 on there. Most recently a decent $250-300 copper frying pan for $140.

If it's not saving me significant money i wont buy it, and I wasn't talking about just massdrop, before christmas sales for amp/DACs are fairly common from many retailers.

The monoprice desktop amp (it has a DAC as well) goes on sale fairly regularly as well, and while it's not the greatest amp, for HD600 or HD650 the 10ohm output impedance isn't an issue, and it provides more than enough power to get some nice volume.

>Beyerhiss
How's your Snapheiser doing?

Sennheiser by far. Comfortable, good value for money headphones. And they have the HD600.

Beyerdynamic's earraping treble peak, and shitty construction quality (the link between headband and cups will break sooner than later) make them an AVOID brand.

Kek. Then replace them for $30. Meanwhile...

>DT770
These came with a Roland electronic drumset that I bought around 2008. I just started using them on my computer and it sounds amazing.

Only problem is that loud bass makes a rumble sound on the right.

>I think the 770s are more V shaped or maybe bass heavy I can't remember which.
I've got a pair of DT770s. They're V-shaped

Is there a difference between the 770 and Pro? Or are they the same thing? I was slightly confused about that.

You can see that it was broken on purpose.

If I had to choose I'd say Sennheiser. I like Audio Technica the most though.

>On purpose
Top kek

If you can drive them you will enjoy them.
But they're different then the AKG.
You'll use them for different things at the end.

That's a shill image.

That's the intent. I'm not getting rid of my AKG K712s.

That's from a review. Do you not own Sennheisers? The HD 600's largest weakness is its metal headband encased in chink plastic

>What does Sup Forums prefer? Sennheiser or Beyerdynmic?
Automatically Sennheiser because of the detachable cable

Come on. That's not even clever.
At least try.

I saw someone making a mod for the 770s where you can detach the cable. But I'm not skilled enough to do such a mod.