What do you prefer for your virtualization needs? Hyper-V, Vbox, VMware?

What do you prefer for your virtualization needs? Hyper-V, Vbox, VMware?

xen

Fpbp

How do I use xen with qemu

Help pls

Virtual box on my desktop as a play ground to try stuff or for preparation.
QEMU on server to isolate web facing services.

stop being poor and buy another machine

virtualbox mostly

>stop being poor and buy another machine
Wait what? You do realize there's something called "caring about security" where you virtualize shit and also something called VPS's right?(I can't believe I fell for this low quality bait)

>QEMU on server to isolate web facing services.
Have you heard about our Lord and Saviour, containers?

VMware.

Its convenient and simple enough to use.

Proxmox

vmware

Hyper-V mostly

Currently playing with bhyve and it's awesome

virtualbox
-stable and secure
-free software
-plenty of config and tweak options
-both the software and the VMs it created are cross platform

>tfw you're the one that gave that idea to the Linux community. All the security of modern OS came from me.

I know nothing about virtual machines, long time ago I made some Linux VMs in VirtualBox on Windows and they were super slow
how make them faster???

download more ram

kvm is bae

vmware workstation, only one that can stretch old games in 640x480 to fullscreen

VMware Workstation. Virtual Box if you need open source soft. Anything else is garbage.

This.

I use VMware esx and Hyper-V in large industrial enviroments.

VMware is way less of a pain in the balls.

Does that actually work without fucking around? I was under the impression Mac OS needed some voodoo to get it working in a VM.

HOW

virtual box is pretty good for what it is.

>Hyper-V
lol wtf newfag technology pls

vmware workstation on linux must be the most shittiest excuse of a software that exists...

never works, new kernel, well guess what you have to rely on community patches ffs.

don't get me started on fusion, parallels, virtualbox

save yourself the troubles.

GNU-qemu/kvm.i686.stallmankawaii.rpm.deb.exe

>have incel CPU
>do those shitty hacks on the config file
>???
>macos on vmware

Per process containers are garbage. Freeze an application stack, not each process in the stack.

People (read "idiots") love docker and throw everything into it. Then they realize they need the process to talk to other processes, read network data, access system variables, and into the trash it goes

Docker has it's place but no. Stop.

this.

VMWare or ESXi are way less pains-in-the-ass than Hyper-V.

Hyper-V is good for puttering around but use it for anything important and booooy I hope you don't like data integrity.

I found a website that has archives of modified came exes that have the menus modded for the options to changed the aspect ration and resolution.
Try googling for the mod to do this

>What do you prefer for your virtualization needs?
KVM. No question.

>GNU-qemu/kvm.i686.stallmankawaii.rpm.deb.exe
what the fuck does this even mean

VirtualBottocks

fix your garbage font hinting
host not guest

it's perfectly hinted (hinting: none)

>What do you prefer for your virtualization needs?
QEMU-KVM. No contest.

I know this is bait but I also know there are really people who don't understand why virtualization is a good and necessary thing. Most of the time, a server uses very little of its available resources, besides spikes of activity. Virtualization allows for efficient use of resources by using more of the available resources at the same time. ie instead of two servers using 10% of their resources all the time you can have two VMs on one server running 20% all the time.

kvm for Linux, virtualbox for Windows.

vmware also did its thing okay on a job, but I never really thought I need that at home. xen was okay too, but never used it much.

Hyper-V is an arsepain. Avoid *that* shit.

VMware