Why is Firefox doing this?

Why is Firefox doing this?

Other urls found in this thread:

davrous.com/2016/12/07/creating-an-extension-for-all-browsers-edge-chrome-firefox-opera-brave/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/versions/beta
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/htmlview
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ui-enhancer/
zixaphir.github.io/appchan-x/
ccd0.github.io/Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Why is Firefox doing this?
Because they are fascist SJW femnazis paid for by that evil globalist tribalist Soros

what's the next go to browser?

>tfw all your extensions already got a webext version and youjust laugh when other niggers whine about their extensions not getting ported

Fuck off shill

Whats the picture from?

Because all the good devs left so what remains just takes other people's work and duct tapes it in

Also ublock origin is currently broken because of a webextensions bug in FF55 (that won't be fixed until FF56) and preventing webrtc from leaking is 100% broken with web extensions

Fun times

Because WebExtensions are safer, faster and more stable, because they can be run out-of-process and sandboxed.

Also, WebExtensions is crossplatform, which means it's very easy to create extensions for Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera Brave and Vivaldi with minimal frustration.

davrous.com/2016/12/07/creating-an-extension-for-all-browsers-edge-chrome-firefox-opera-brave/

Downloaded Version 1.13.11rc0 and its blocking ads again. addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/versions/beta

why are you using ff 57 by the way?

I'm using Cyberfox.

my bad I guess. still people are using nightly just to complain about broken stuff and legacy addons not working. dunno why

OP's pic for tabmixplus is the notice that pops up when you update it regardless of the browser version.

Extensions are tools of the patriarchy.

>tfw all extensions you use are being ported or have already been replaced by new ones

BTW haHAA

So edge will get more extensions when 57 comes out?

>can't tell if this is ironic

I hate neo-Sup Forums and want Sup Forums to leave.

>neo-Sup Forums
you mean nu-Sup Forums

Removing backwards compatibility allows you to do whatever you want moving forward. It's a good thing, usually.

tl;dr Firefox becomes a Chrome clone as well
I should've used Chromium right away.

Firefox is going to become Chrome but cooler/

Firefox will still be the best browser. Saying you might as well use the worse thing because of similarities makes no sense. It's less effort to stay with what you have (firefox) than switch. If you think they're similar, there's even less reason to stop using it.

How much support for webextensions does ESR 52 have?

basically none AFAIK

Firefox's advantage over Chrome, and it's only advantage outside of freefaggotry, has always been extensibility. WebExtensions prevent addons from altering the UI, accessing and writing files, and other useful and important features used by addons like download managers and Classic Theme Restorer.

Give one (1) reason to use Firefox over Chrome without the advantage of extensibility. Hard mode: no whining about source code.

well it doesn't have google's tracking jewry baked in. But there's no reason to use FF over other niche browsers

I think you mean Sup Forums

Ricing isn't an "important feature"

windows phone developer detected

Being able to disable the FF UI department trying to justify their jobs is though

I'm sure Cyberfox will have an option to keep the original extension system just likw how they have theclassic firefox shell.

Just use the ESR version.
It's a stopgap solution for some time at least.

Then why aren't you using a generic Chrom* clone? Your needs are very clearly satisfied by one.

It's a parody of what our board has become.

Pol is too stupid to ironic.
It is actual neo/Reddit/stormfag refugee/pol/ becoming newfag /neo/nu//pseudo/g/

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/htmlview
And if yours isn't on here it doesn't matter.

If you want to fit in better, you're supposed to put / before and after board name like Sup Forums and never capitalize. No need to thank me, just helping a newbie begin his 2 years of lurking.

Give me a reason to use Chrome instead.
>No about:config
>Can't even move buttons around the UI, at least Firefox keeps this possibility
>Less powerful WebExt implementation, an add-on such as TreeStyleTabs can still be possible on Firefox, but not on Chrome
>Google botnet
>Ugly as sin trapezoid tabs that become basically unusable when there are many open, Firefox is returning to square tabs
>The speed advantage is basically negated by the new Servo components

What's the replacement for this one?

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ui-enhancer/

>no whining about source code
You're a massive faggot, enjoy your botnet.

Limited, partial, mostly, a few of full ones...

and lots of them missing that "don't matter"

>WebExtensions prevent addons from altering the UI

Use fucking userChrome.css don't be a nigger that can't even into stylesheets.

Do you know how to add a button using userchrome?

"Después de Lucía"

/thread

Brave

so many redddit memes in one post

99% of Firefox add-ons are abandoware, most really dont work in Firefox 56. This is why is good.

But there's no point in Firefox just being another chrome clone so that it can use chrome extensions

People will just use chrome

I'm convinced this is a ML bot.

its not perfect but its better than chrome
and brave doesnt have any customization or addons

tfw sitting comfy on nightly and 57 still has months worth of improvements before dropping

>not using nightly already...

This.
Cross platform webextensions add more eyes on projects of the foss community and helps with recreating the wheel.

Consumers get the biggest benefit with portability between browsers which helps competition and allows projects to focus excusively on native browser features.

Firefox has many features Chrome doesn't.

There is no advantage to Firefox remaining a single-process browser.

would never use Firefox (gay) or chrome

only brave,opera

wow 3 samey shit browsers. aren't you hip?

I've been using brave, it's a little buggy but mostly good to go (no extensions support but built in ad block)

t. brave shills

buggy as fuck and ugly ui with no addon support

>muh legacy addons

ill just switch to a browser without addons :^)

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
Restrictions are beneficial.

Name one
Also web extensions has little to do with multiprocess support

Not to mention the that it lacks basic features like to copy the page link just by right clicking the page.

To name some:

>Native RSS feed reader
>Scrollable tab bar & tab list
>Bookmark tags
>Separated search bar
>Search through open tabs by putting by putting '%' in the URL bar followed by search criteria
>Integrated tracking protection

>Name one
Firefox is so much more customizable, you can actually theme and change the interface to your liking. I mean about:config alone blows Chrome out of the water.

I love brave on android but on desktop it's not that great.

Is it true that Firefox completely rewrote their code in order to remove the word "slave" and replace it with "king"?

>mfw the last version I will ever use is 54.0.1

I tried ESR version and it broke one of my important addons so this is where I stay.

Anyone can obtain the source code and freely compile Firefox from source.

this but without the passive-aggressive irony

> (You)
>To name some:
>>Native RSS feed reader
RSS died when Google Reader died. Nobody uses it anymore
>>Scrollable tab bar & tab list
Same in chrome
>>Bookmark tags
Only autists have the time or patience to catalog and tag their bookmarks
>>Separated search bar
Makes zero difference to functionality. Pointless having a separate search bar when you can search right from the address bar
>>Search through open tabs by putting by putting '%' in the URL bar followed by search criteria
Literally never heard of this, and sounds autistic too
>>Integrated tracking protection
What is uBlock/Ghostery/Disconnect

>Google Reader
Feedly took that mantle, and yes, many websites still use RSS.

>>>Scrollable tab bar & tab list
>Same in chrome

No, it's not the same. In Firefox, if you open more tabs than the window can display, instead of shrinking the tabs down infinitely, it puts the tabs out of bounds and allows you to scroll through the tabs from left to right using either the mouse wheel or the two arrows at either end of the tab bar. There is also a menu button to the right of the new tab button which allows you to see all of your tabs in a comprehensive dropdown list.

Chrome instead shrinks the tabs down to the point where you can't see anything, so you have to hover over the tabs and rely on the tool-tips, and there's no dropdown list that can get you out of it.

>fascist
>SJW
You mean Communist?
Or maybe you like oxymoronic statements, drink hot-cold coffee?

Any idea of an alternative to AppChanx - the default layout is a pain when late night browsing

Now contrast that image with this one. Chrome just doesn't manage tabs as well as Firefox.

I like to call those 'Toblerone tabs'.

slave got renamed to follower and master as leader.

And they awarded them with 15k

>try to replace Stylish with Stylus
>it doesn't fucking work
>go back to Stylish
>just werks
I guess I'm not upgrading.
Is there any legacy Stylish fork that removes telemetry?

No, because Firefox devs create a superset of WebExtensions in order to port more plugins.

Probably the things that are not working on stylus will be the same ones that are not going to work on stylish once they have ported it to web-extensions.

see

Stylish works perfectly on Nightly (08.04) though.
Best of both worlds: mulitprocess (quick) and all my addons work. If only Rikaisama didn't require me to open a new non-e10s window then I would be happy. I know it's some shitty FF tomfoolery because after reinstalling Nightly it works in e10s until I restart the browser.

don't be so obvious, at least put some effort into it...

>ITT: people bitching about the transition to the glorious superset of WebExtensions

>You: a mindless "hurr durr all change must be good" drone

Yeah, there's some broken leagacy addons just cause some APIs got renamed...

Im sorry?

Then wouldn't it be broken after reinstall too?
I'm thinking it's something else, but maybe I'm wrong.

cont and it wouldn't work in non-e10s either.

Anyone knows what makes extensions be broken in e10s? All other legacy extensions work fine.

>says can't copy page link by clicking the page
>posts himself clicking a link on the page

zixaphir.github.io/appchan-x/
You mean that? There is a huge link pointing to
ccd0.github.io/Sup Forums-x/
which is what everyone else uses.

with the option to copy

Not necessarily, but this one is and it is rather painless if you don't use shady meme extensions without maintainers.

wait, what? why would you right click on the page to copy the current pages link if the fucking address bar is right there? do you have some kind of mobility issue or mental retardation?

Why do you autists care about browsers so much, all you Niggers talk about all day on here.
All browsers literally do the same shit.

Newfag

>the update deleted my addon bar
NOW I'M MAD
What browser is decent that can use old firefox addons?
Either that, or is there an addon bar extension that Mozilla didn't ruin?

Abord old, unsecured, bloated and non standard api that is a nightmare to maintain. In profit of a modern but not complet (yet I hope), standard api.
Yes I think Mozilla made the right choice.

Not a problem for me since all my extensions will still work.