Why is MS trying to turn Windows into a web browser?

Why is MS trying to turn Windows into a web browser?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they want to poo in it

So they can have all your OS config files on their cloud and become the final evolution of botnet.

not only start menu is cluttered with ads of third party products, but also it looks fucking terrible, how could anyone designing it think this looks acceptable.

It's made for tablets.

I've never seen any ads or auto-installing games in my installation. Do retards just click yes to everything when installing?

This is a fucking joke of an OS. I actually regret dual booting this piece of shit. At least, I should have gotten the LTSB version.

That's the preinstalled OS image for an HP laptop

Brand new installations don't have Candy Crush and all that other bollocks

Actually it does, on my toshiba, and my dell netbook for example.

I think it's with certain editions. Primarily windows has a strange way of installing where the "games" show up in the start menu, but it takes a couple of hours for them to actually install post-boot. Which means some people who see the "games" and right click > uninstall, wind up seeing them redownloaded later on in the day because the first initialization process is still going on.
Microsoft could be much more clear about the entire process, but normies have problems with absolutely everything.

>Not using ClassicShell

They do.
Just get a clean ISO from MS and do a sample clean installation - that garbage will be installed when you first connect to the internet.

because userstatistics suggest most people who aren't using windows at work do little more than surf the web?

microsoft turned Windows into a web browser in in 1998 you buttchildren

I hope you guys haven't forgotten Windows 98 with Active Desktop, when the desktop actually WAS a web page.

As I said in the other thread, they're hiring too many Pajeets who are too stupid to know the difference between what works and what doesn't

Where do you see ads. It's just live tiles from a few apps, which show you content from that app, like new mail, some piece of news. The rest are games you installed or came preinstalled. It's small shit like Solitaire. You can remove them any time you like.

Heck, unplug your ethernet and see if they disappear. They won't, they're just cache.

Ads show on the start menu, lock screen, and file explorer.

I was trying to figure out how to do this the other day. Turns out you can't. Haha.

Jeez, never seen that on Enterprise edition. Zero ads. Some people just don't know how to install it, I guess. You can opt out of any botnet shit, right after the OS has installed, there is an option screen.

>some piece of news
That's called an advertisement you dumb fucking nigger.

Ohhh yeahhh!

J U S T O P T O U T B R O

No, it's not. Nobody's selling anything to you, autism lord, if a piece of news is telling you there's been a terror attack.

Fucking paranoid fucks.

>not waiting for your friends to fall asleep at a LAN party before changing all their desktops to be the tiled meatspin YTMND page
good times

>Nobody's selling anything to you,
yes they are, dumbfuck cock sucking nigger.

Didn't for me, using Pro (yuro version if that makes any difference)

this was cool since you could use .gif files as wallpapers

You can use webms as wallpapers now though.

this
keep being in denial shill

Why are you so angry?

>le armchair therapist meme

I would have already made my assumption about your personality disorder if I was an armchair therapist instead I'm just asking, heart to heart.

windows is so garbage is there any way to stop it from downloading all the apps on a fresh install? ffs

hello

Yeah, set it up the way you want, then open the windows store and click updates. Let the updates run. Might as well run windows updates while you're here. Come back to your pc when it's done.
Reboot. You'll probably see a bunch of "new" games installed.
Then just head to powershell and uninstall it all.

Or just go LTSB with no windows store.

>is there any way to stop it from downloading all the apps on a fresh install
Yes, there is. Pic related.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

???

>1366x768

buy me a better computer then fucking cunt

you can remove all of those

Not if you're going to run discord, chrome, utorrent and dropbox on it you faggot.

Its Iridium nigger
What´s worng with discord utorrent and dropbox?

You tell him! He can't like what you don't like LOL what a faggot!

Botnet, all of them, including Iridium.

how does this OS still have most of the desktop marketshare

when will normies wake up

to make easier to turn it into netflix and make you pay a monthly fee to use your own fucking computer (after which they will still display ads in OS anyways, because fuck you)

Why should I care? Im not a neckbeard like you, I use my notebook for working and studying not to jerk off to little girls

There are thousands of people literally making an OS without a charge and put it up nicely on their website, with a lot of downloading options. You will mature out of Windows when you realize that Debian is more stable than Windows can ever be and offers customization on levels that you can't possibly ever reach.

Because it still has the developers. It's not the consumers' faults.

>Why should I care?
You need to leave.

Ok but where is you argument?

>tfw You can't run sysprep without un-installing microshit's own apps that it installed without asking you in the first place

> OP doesn't know about windows 98 active desktop
one of Bill Gates's brilliant "visions" for computing

Games.

>linux has games!
Not all of them. When people don't have to worry about not being able to play the latest game, lots of teenagers and manchildren would switch to an entry level linux distro.