About to go buy a new Macbook Pro 13 inch model...

About to go buy a new Macbook Pro 13 inch model. I can get the 256gb non-touchbar for $1300 or the 256gb touchbar for $1375. A lot of people seem to hate the touch bar but it has a better CPU and from what I've read it has better read/write speeds. Is the touchbar one worth $75 or is it the touchbar too useless to warrant it?

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like my TB model. I have the 15" though.

For only a 75 dollar difference get the touchbar model. You get a faster cpu, the iris 650 instead of 640, touch id, and two extra usbc ports.

The TB is pretty comfy, I can only recommend it

For 75$ it's worth it. I wouldn't buy a MBP this gen due to other reasons like the keyboard, but better overall specs and 2 more ports for 75$? Absolutely.

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

desu these post change my thoughts about buying a macbook in the future. people seem to agree about buying one and you have these types of person telling the cons of these shits. idk anymore

jesus fuck the delusion is real
where'd you even come from, is this 2008 YouTube?

The touchbar is pretty worthless and you gain no functionality from it.

The most useful things like changing volume, brightness you can already do with function keys.

>getting a macbook

Get a 5k iMac.

Laptops are a waste of money, especially expensive ones. Just get a shitty chromebook if you need portability and come home to your baby iMac.

Get a 16gb/512gb Envy 13 instead get better performance out of the laptop and a better OS (Yes, I'm saying Win10 is better than MacOS. DOS would be better than MacOS X right now)

>>Laptops are a waste of money

>Get a waste of money that has all the negatives of laptops and none of the advantages of desktops

rly maeks u think...

Just get it for the better specs
Touch bar is still a meme though

stop being retarded
half the shit in that stale copypasta isnt even real since it was made before the 2016 model even released

Hello Microsoft

>taking marketing as absolute truth
Hello Timmy, it's time for bed. Mrs. Cook said so. You wouldn't want to disobey your mother, would you?

>$1300 for a $600 computer
wew

>people still believe the overpriced meme
there is more to a laptop than raw cpu power and vidya card gaymer shit

Mac OS has all the command line tools Linux does. That by default makes it better than fucking dos lel

>needing to jailbreak your mac just to access the simplest features other OSs have
Kill yourself, maccuck.

Literally has never overheated for me. Move out of the desert ffs and into a decent climate.

Skylake one runs like a dream for me.

Mine is one of the quietest computers I've seen, it does get hot if you boot windows and play a game though

You don't know how Mac works. Terminal works out of the box and you can change the shell and everything. It has a root account just like Linux. It's not a fucking iphone.

>jailbreak your mac
MacOS isn't iOS you dumb fucking pajeet
The terminal is just an included program

You don't have to jailbreak a thing kek. All of it is there by default. If you want more than the standard utils install brew. No one is stopping you, not even apple. There are reason serious software devs like Mac. All the benefits of Linux without the shit.

No it doesn't, bullshitter.

>t. mactoddler

see

Nice photoshop. You can install from any source you like, verified dev or not. Fuck off shill.

The current state of anti mac "arguments"

You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. It's really sad you know?

>t. mactoddler

are you dumb? if the premium version only costs $75 more fucking get it. it will have (and keep) a much better resale value.

You just right click any app and click "open" it will tell you it's from an unidentified developer and then you click "okay" and it opens and never asks again.

Literally the same image source you shill. Fuck of back to India.

You can't you stupid fucking mactoddlers.

I don't use mine in English but assuming that's not a shoop, then it's still misleading. The second option for "identified developers" can be identified yourself. It's not some shit Apple decides like you are trying to claim. It's the same as MS "do you want to run this program". Once you allow a new program once you can run it.

There is no "jailbreak".

>street shitter telling anyone else to go back to india

>old version of OSX
>non retina
Yeah, right...

see

My question is who hires you sad people? I mean promoting your product is one thing but why do you have people bashing Macs with false infomation. Or maybe you're just retarded.

You know if anyone tries a mac and realizes you just made up bullshit they will never listen to any anti mac bullshit again. What exactly is the endgame with you people?

Proof Anti-mac shills are real. Who would be this dedicated for free?

>You know if anyone tries a mac

They'd realize all the negatives are true and that they wasted their money and will never trust you shills again.

Then again, some people are just brain dead and need to learn lessons the hard way.

Nobody is developing anything for it, but Apple has integrated functions for every program on it.

It's just a feature to make things a bit easier, not better.

Apple does this all the time.

Worked for me the other day.

You clearly have never used Mac. Also, it not opening is what happens when you double click it. You have to right click and open. It's a security feature.

You don't have to post twice to try and make it seem like there's more people on your side. It's obvious it's just you.

Shit package management, definitely not as good as most distros.

>Mr. Cook

Ftfy

>he didn't get the joke
Let me spell it out for you.
His mother told him it was time to go to bed.
He clearly isn't listening.

Is this your first day on Sup Forums? You can't post the same image twice on the same thread, so you have to just quote it as a reply. It's not to pretend there's several people.

Actually I only started disliking macOS after a week of using it. I had somehow convinced myself it would be "like Linux but more polished". I got errors for anything on a completely new system.

Package managers are for brainlets anyway. Slackware is linux for those of high iq.

>Package managers are for brainlets anyway.
Macfags, everyone.

I've hardly seen any bugs on mine at all. Did you hackintosh? Due to low marketshare etc I'd expect MacOS to be buggier than Windows but it's not, everything just werks on mine.

Only problems I ever had were with some samsung earphones, all sorts of weird shit started happening when I plugged them in, likely driver issues. Other than that there has been a few minor graphical glitches and that's about all I can think of.

No, it was a mac mini. It doesn't matter, I prefer Linux a lot more.

>tfw I'll never be able to afford an iMac Pro
18 cores!!!

I just wish I could see one of these glorious things with the 5k display. I don't think shops will even put them out to show.

Just buy the goddamn cpu and build your shitbasket around it

I'm pretty sure I stated what distro I use. Lrn 2 read.

test out the TB version before you buy it in store then
i like the TB and it feels normal, no idea what the hate is, they just want to find shit to hate
but i wont want to pay more for the TB version tho, devs need to create the button for their apps for the TB and most of them are script kiddies that copy paste shit at stack exchange so maybe thats where all the hate comes from

lol your both faggots

wow you guys are all so butthurt

Bought the 15'' with Tb a couple weeks ago and it's amazing. It's my first macbook, and so far I'm in love. I have shit tons of other pc' s (windows servers, various Linux distros, freeBSD) , so apple haters can fuck off.

>t. mactoddler subhuman

You're welcome.

I AM SILLY

best post of the entire thread.
used linux for almost a decade, changed to macos 2 years ago.

pretty much linux without the bullshit. haters hate though..

I'm the user from this thread Is this a better laptop than the Dell I want to get?