Tfw KDE will die once Ubuntu fully adopts gnome

>tfw KDE will die once Ubuntu fully adopts gnome
Give me one reason not to abandon the ship right now

Please do and leave KDE to the people who aren't special needs

> fully adopts gnome
You mean like every one adopted Unity ?

I'll miss unity.

no, because I can't
it was a good idea at one point, but there's no reason to force yourself to use something so broken.

gnome is trash, do you need more of a reason than this?

KDE is literally the best thing Linux has.
>best DE
>KDE Plasma Mobile

It's less broken than KDE.

KDE has thumbnails in the file picker, GNOME doesn't. GNOME is more broken than KDE.

flawless logic

>Xfeces is being ported to GTK3
RIP KDE

>xfeces being maintained
wut

I immediately disregard the opinions anyone who uses GNOME.

>can't easily make custom app launchers
Even Xfce is better than GNOME

Not a gnome user but torvalds and stallman use gnome

Too bad it requires a shitty rolling release to keep up with the scatterbrained development lacking coherence or vision

More like RIP xfce. Gtk2 was the best, with a massive amount of themes, gtk3 only has a few flatshit themes.

My computer runs much cooler since I switched from Fedora KDE to Debian LXDE. Dolphin file cacher was a real bitch which overheated my computer to fuck.

Stallman boots into Emacs.

Looks comfy desu

Thumbnails are a security risk.

Nobody gives a shit.

This. Also you can compile gtk file picker with thumbnail support, so is not even a valid claim.

Please show me how to get thumbnail support in the GTK3 file picker.

only if you use gnome where you can execute code in wine via thumbnails

mfw thats a thing

I don't understand the thumbnail meme. If I want to upload a file to 4chinz, I don't get thumbnail view but I do get a image preview. Is the thumbnail view the problem or did Fedora do some patching?

>tfw gnome user

>massive amount of themes
massive amount of themes of shitty themes

cinnamon is relatively new and maintained by one guy and its better than all of the other trash mainstream DEs. even KDE looks like absolute shit out of the box but you can fire up cinnamon and it looks comfy as fuck before you even open the themes manager.

Cinnamon looks like shit ootb

lmao yea sure thing faggot

so i see you're running gnome >:3

I have high hopes in Budgie and Solus

as you can see, xfeces looks like it came out of a time capsule that was buried in 1998. not to mention the cheesy design of the toolbar. lmao its like using microsoft paint to configure your pc

Ugly as fuck desu. The only good looking cinnamon distro is pic related, and their Xfce looks the same.

KDE don't need ubanto
It's survived with hoot it sofat

ur a fag don't talk 2 me

>using fag as an insult
You obviously never had a homosexual experience

>You obviously never had a homosexual experience
well, i can't argue with that

So that's another reason why GNOME is more broken than KDE.

>Needing to compile portions of your DE to achieve basic functionality that other operating systems have had for years
Year of the Linux desktop indeed.

It look nice but there is one major downside: huge fucking buttons

I'd just like to interject for a moment.

What you're referring to as KDE, is in fact, KDE Plasma, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Plasma shell. KDE is not a desktop environment unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Plasma desktop made useful by the KDE Frameworks, Applications and Qt libraries comprising a full DE.

Many computer users run a version of the Plasma desktop every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Plasma which is widely used today is often called KDE, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Plasma desktop, developed by the KDE project.

There really is a KDE, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. KDE are the frameworks: the libraries in the system that provide UI and desktop functions to the other programs that you run. The framework is an essential part of a desktop environment, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete desktop environment. KDE Applications are normally used in combination with the Plasma desktop shell: the whole desktop environment is basically the Plasma shell that makes use of the KDE Frameworks. The so-called KDE desktop environment is really Plasma desktop shell.

So, design aside, which one is most compatible and runs better? I really wanna get on KDE, but it already came bugged out of the box. Btw which one is the most rice-ble?

>most rice-ble?
window managers

>
>>using fag as an insult
>You obviously never had a homosexual experience
Can you be gay with your own butt

I wish I could use KDE. It has so many cool features and seems very nice. It's just so damn ugly, no matter how many themes I try it's just a mess of random glow effects and it looks like a pile of shit. Guess I'll be using XFCE forever.

>he cant customize to his needs
>he cares about appearance>function