Why do cameras and people often blur the background and focus on the main object...

Why do cameras and people often blur the background and focus on the main object? Why not just leave the whole image sharp without any distortion?

>t. retard

To put more focus on the actual subject without the background distracting from it and because bokeh looks good

because that's not how optics work, light always needs to be focussed.
there's a thing called hyperfocal distance though, which describes the circumstances that situation appears

Because that's not how optics work you fucking idiot

>because that's not how optics work
Not OP, but it doesn't make any sense. It looks like a poor approach to simulate depth on a 2D medium that obviously fails.

What part of "because that's not how optics work" do you not understand?

there is nothing being simulated at all
put something a couple of centimeters in front of your eye, focus on it and watch what the background does
ever wondered why people need glasses?
that's basic optics, mate

My whole vision is sharp and not blurry mate

>Not OP, but it doesn't make any sense
Ok then, go ahead and make a camera capable of focusing on all distances at once. You'll be a millionaire before you can tell your arse from your head.
>My whole vision is sharp and not blurry mate
uwotm8?

Which part of "it's just a meme effect and even my shitty cam from 2005 has a deeper focus" do you retards not unterstand.

go troll on /p/ for fucks sake

>Ok then, go ahead and make a camera capable of focusing on all distances at once.
Obviously, for OPs photo it would be a couple of meters and that exists.
Pretty sure in OPs photo it's just a meme yeah depth of field Sup Forums tier effect.

You're fucking retarded m8.

It's a stylistic choice you autist

see A shit tier choice, though.

Sometimes, yes, but most of the time there's no avoiding it because of fucking physics

For focus and it makes the shot more, I guess you could say, dramatic

lol you guys can't even answer a simple question properly, dumb dumbs as expected

Pretending to be retarded is the lowest form of trolling

Because your aperture is too wide...

hahahahahahahhaha

It's just a meme
iFags and similar posers think it looks cool because it's like in the movies
But actually you are objectively getting a worse picture by blurring half the detail

>Ok then, go ahead and make a camera capable of focusing on all distances at once. You'll be a millionaire before you can tell your arse from your head.
There is one. However it works simply by taking a shitton of pics simultaneously at different focals