The new Youtube layout

Do you rike it?

Other urls found in this thread:

dtube.video/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The search box on the top does not really fiy the style to my eyed.
The channel name/logo isn't immediately visible, I have to scroll.
The pace doesn't render immediately, it first shows the video box and then loads the rest of the page.

Not that it bothers me that much but it tingles a bit my autism.

if I were autistic and 5 years old, yes

Fucking auto correct

Through all these years of yotube people always whined when they made changes.

i wonder how much it cost to shit things up once again

I prefer 2016 design

It's fat ugly shit just like everything else. I remember when everyone moved to make all user interfaces as compact as possible and for the last few years they've been going backwards and it sucks.

Who cares. You should be searching from the cli, using rss for subscriptions, and using mpv to play videos anyway.

RIP

>he doesn't use a scraper

this is the same fucking UI that appears at random during the middle of the night that they were beta testing for like 2-3 years

the only difference is now they're spelling out youtube,nothing else is new

Explain why that's not autistic.

>autistic things are too much for me
look at the domain in your address bar

Joke's on you. I'm a phone poster. :^)

Again?

It doesn't even look different

No. Every time they change the layout it just gets uglier and uglier.

I don't have the new layout yet. My player doesn't go edge-to-edge on the screen like that

It's so flat and bland. Looks like an amateur site built on square space. YouTube was perfect from 2010-12, since then it's been down hill.

It doesn't matter, proper YouTube layout died years ago

YouTube hasn't been comfy ever since Jewgle bought them

This was my favorite layout too but I don't mind the new one, the video page itself is very nice in theater mode with dark theme.

The pinnacle of YouTube
After they got rid of this, that was the beginning of the end

really didn't change that much. It's just modern design conventions which makes everything look the same

Back than all websites looked like that.

Shit I hate clean design too what the fuck dude it's so awful oh my god

dtube.video/

Is this new? I've been using darkmode for months I think they finally added it for everyone

What's your interface?

I had a custom stylesheet to strip out everything except the video (which I make much larger by default), controls (which I moved under the video instead of overlapping the bottom of it), and the info box underneath that

The new layout breaks it and I'm mad

Meh, I need to get around to seeing if there's a plugin to remove the sidebars. Zooming in by 3 levels works somewhat but it's not great.

Thats even more autistic

I HATE IT

Why did you make this thread on Sup Forums? This is barely technology related. Design shit belongs on /gd/.

That's youtube's target audience

Stutters like a piece of shit on my machine. Yes my machine is old.
inb4: you're poor
Yeah, no shit. That's no excuse for being way less efficient while doing more or less the same thing as before.
So: how to scrape nicely, in case the native client page doesn't work as before anymore?

I didn't like that episode

>Why did you post this result of software development on Sup Forums

Anyone who hates flat designs is an idiot that likes Aero in Windows 7, shitty glass textures, shiny buttons and disgustingly large buttons. Too bad the ""material guidelines"" also suffer from having too much padding
faggot
You can disable the new layout for the time by clicking on the top right circle avatar and disabling it. I'm looking for a scraper too for comfyposting on my atom n270 notebook

the only good thing during this time was the videos watched counter, youtube has always had a disgustingly convoluted layout and wearing rose tinted glasses won't change that

But at least anyone who hates flat designs isn't a filthy phoneposter faggot that willingly enjoys eye cancer

>has built in proper dark mode
and suddenly every single prior youtube design is utter trash

>proper dark mode
where

ive got used to it since they released it a couple of months ago, don't get why it's a big deal

No. Subscriptions are one more click away. Everything looks like a jumbled mess, nothing is clearly separated from anything. It begs for the dark theme that it includes, whereas the previous one was usable without it, and it resizes the video if the window is small enough which is weird

And the logo looks too bold and too red

Honestly Google should shut itself down

As someone who has a shitty youtube channel, I don't like that they moved the "My Channel" link, now I have to click twice to get to it. Not a huge deal, just a minor nitpick.

let me show you the current state of my youtube
i went ham with ublock, and it flies from video to video

(cont)
no comments
no related videos
no next video
no stupid overlay menu
no login or upload buttons i don't use

>new you tube lay out
>all videos autoplay
>userscripts broken
Fuck this shit and fuck whoever's pushing this shit.

It blows up a whole CPU core on my X200 whenever the page loads or I scroll.

>web design in 20XX

It looks like garbage. They removed most of the colours and separators, so it's just lifeless and bland.

It has a native night mode so that's cool I guess. The rest is garbage though, the playlist feature doesn't shuffle anymore and I get a lot more lag just using the site than I ever did. Not my machine, literally everything else works fine except this bloated piece of shit.

>i started using youtube in 2010

No
>that search box placement
triggers my autism

You do know that YouTube only existed for about a year before it was bought by Google, right? The site during that time was incredibly ugly and non-responsive. Nothing "comfy" about it unless you're a retarded nostalgiafag.

I was one of the people who randomly got the beta version of the new design early. Some of the features were a bit buggy, initially, like the comments didn't always load, but they have fixed that since then.
I like the new design, although there are less comments on the screen now, because they take up more space. Deezer did a similar thing recently, where they increased text size and spacing, which resulted less tracks displayed on the screen, but they did it in a way that was a million times worse. The only thing I really don't like about the new youtube layout is that numbers are now displayed like "1.6k", instead of showing the full number.
I use a browser extension that would stop the videos from autoplaying, and instead show the thumbnail when the page is loaded. It still stops them from autoplaying, but doesn't display the thumbnail over the video. I can't blame youtube for that, but it has made watching youtube a bit worse, although I guess the developers of the extension will fix this issue soon.

It was really annoying when people were whining about the switch to Google+ comments. They were objectively superior with the added formatting features and increased length, the only bad thing was that dislikes now didn't do anything. I guess the nagging from youtube about switching to your full G+ name was annoying, but you could actually click a few buttons and keep your old youtube username.

Beautiful. I guess I didn't need those few hundred pixels at the bottom anyway.

If your taskbar is small enough so that the webpage has enough screen area, then youtube defaults to the 720p player.

>the playlist feature doesn't shuffle anymore
I was gonna call you out on not noticing the shuffle button, but turns out these idiots did fuck up the shuffle feature. How can a company this big fuck up a basic feature they already fucking had, and more importantly, not notice that it's fucked during testing?