Hey Sup Forums i was thinking of getting ryzen for gaming but my friends tell me that ryzen 2 in 7nm will be coming out...

hey Sup Forums i was thinking of getting ryzen for gaming but my friends tell me that ryzen 2 in 7nm will be coming out in late 2018 so it's not that bad to wait just a bit longer

is that true or they're trolling me?

it's true, but you don't have to wait, buy anything on a AM4 socket then when zen2 comes out you just change the cpu

This, just buy Ryzen now and upgrade to Zen 2 when it happens. They'll be on the AM4 socket too.

I would count with Q1 2019 launch at earliest, with possible slip to say may-june (Computex). That I will call a success, the timing is really quite tight.

Q4 2018 is not very likely I think. YOu could wait for the 2000 refresh to launch and then you can probably be sure that Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) is not going to launch sooner than 12 months since then.
So if 2000 (Pinnacle Ridge) launches in march 2018, you can count on march-april 2019 or later.

You could spend your whole life not buying it because the next upgrade isn't that far away. I say just buy it now.

I am PC hardware journalist BTW if you want (anonymous) credentials to realiability of my opinion.

there is no refresh, 2000 series is zen2, 3000 is zen3

the stuff coming in 14nm+ are the APUs

>poorfag

what do you have right now?

i7 3770K

keep it, grab all the hardware when zen2 comes out, no reason to upgrade to zen1

Wait at least five years, then maybe consider buying what comes out five years after that.

wait for zen 2 then

Kek

>wait a year and a half to buy a cpu
i can't tell if you are shitposting or trying to push JustWait meme to a new degree.

He has a fucking 3770k you mongoloid, im waiting for the second gen threadripper with a 4790k, what do you think im just suffering while waiting?

Nah, Zen2 is in 7nm chips (this was officially confirmed).
The 2000 refresh definitely will be there, roadmaps call it Pinnacle Ridge and claim "Zen cores" for it, same as for Raven Ridge.

It is not certain yet but "Zen+/14nm+" might have the same Zen cores, only clocked higher. It might even be a Richland/Godavari-style regresh.
So far there has been no leak/clue that would suggest a refreshed core architecture for Pinnacle Ridge, despite its launch nearing.

I got a 1600x as a stop gap it's a great cpu

I5 7600 gtx 1060(TI, Which is my way of saying 6gb). 16 gb memory. Nice system

Until AMD cucks you with a 250W TDP chip that starts house fires.

they don't have to, on the worst case scenario it's a 40% perf/watt increase, they don't need to pump a single watt more then they're already pumping to give a massive improvement

If we get our cooling system right with a Ryzen could we once more have the much desired Winter PC heater during those cold nights?

Used to be possible with older graphics cards.

It's not getting out till 2019 at best with mediocre increase on performance.

Nah, performance increase should be pretty nice, since there will be some IPC and at the same time possible better clocks and possibly 12 cores. So pretty neat stuff.

amd stated that they will change sockets only when the new memory standars become mainstream
ddr5 has at least 3-4 years to be relevant so you are safe

you mean like the 7900x that claims 140 tdp but in reality it shoots to the moon and back in normal mode and while overclocked it reaches the sun?

Dude just hang your controllers up if you're not threadripping in 2017

Don't upgrade, it's pointless user. You won't see an increase in gaming.

Don't lie, you don't have any friends