I never really hated Turkey until today...

I never really hated Turkey until today. I didn't care about Turks I know most of this board hates them but I couldn't give a shit about them but now I hate them I truly fucking hate them brave men tried to start a coup today so democracy could return to Turkey so religion could be free and yet the people took to the streets to defend and support Erdogan you should all be ashamed of yourselves fucking die turkroach filth.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gülen_movement
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>so religion could be free
What did he mean by this?

I'm pretty disappointed to desu.

>police arresting soldiers

>police arresting soldiers

Absolutely disgusting.

>Expecting ANYTHING remotely good from worst turk
Meh.

It's because the soldiers weren't prepared to shoot anyone in their way, which they should have been if they were attempting a fucking coup

Now Erdogan is gonna fuck over the military and this wont have a chance of happening ever again lmao

This has started an even bigger shitstorm. Civil war incoming

I-Is this rare?

I wish the mods kept banning you flag autists

never forget

Do you think the people who fucked over the military are on here?
Thw military told us to stay out of their way, not kill other civilians.
Fuck islam.

You should have gone out anyway

Ataturk is rolling in his grave, Turkey is fucked forever now RIP

Literally the only turkish looking guy is the solider.

The coup wasn't started by Kemalists but another Islamic grouping led by Gülen though. It would have dragged down the country even deeper into shit.

I think they were genuinely hoping to establish a legitimate state and renew democracy in Turkey but feared that slaughtering civilians in the street would put them in an almost unmanageable position both domestically and with foreign countries, a very real threat 2bh. Perhaps they were hoping more civilians would show support/not as many would come out for Erdogan.

Really though, the key to this would've been to arrest Erdogan from the beginning. Trying to capture the country while he's out of the capital put so much unneeded pressure on them and it fell apart almost the moment Erdogan began speaking to the public and calling them to action

The Gulen people are denying any involvement though

>junta bringing democracy

lol. unlike what underages think, people love erdogan. in fact they risked their lives yesterday. they climbed tanks, they shielded cobras, they tried to cach bullets.
he is democratically elected in fair election against fair opposition parties.

>The coup wasn't started by Kemalists but another Islamic grouping led by Gülen though. It would have dragged down the country even deeper into shit.
Which group?

>people love erdogan
What?! Sup Forums told me that Erdogan is one of Turkey's most despised PM's and the only people that like him are Kurds and "not true Turks".

Were the people shielding him Kurd?

fuck off islamist k*rd fuck

No it wasn't. That's just what Erdogan claims and I don't trust him. I bet he's trying to frame the Gulenists so he can use this as a pretext to purge them or try to pressure Obama into deporting Gülen.

Why the fuck would he take responsibility for a failed coup? Who in their right mind would do this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gülen_movement
Gülen is backed by the CIA. What Turkey experienced was an "Arab Spring" like in Syria, Lybia etc or "peaceful revolution" like in the Ukraine. Classic burger move.

Based Erdogan
Unbowed, unbent unbroken

>Starting from 2008, the Dutch government investigated the movement's activities in the Netherlands in response to questions from parliament. The first 2 investigations, performed by the AIVD, concluded that the movement did not form a breeding ground for radicalism and that the AIVD found no indications that the movement worked against integration or was involved in terrorism or religious radicalization. A further academic study sketched a portrait of a socially conservative, inwardly directed movement with an opaque organizational structure, but noted that its members tend to be highly successful in society and thus form no threat to integration

Hmm yes, much worse than Erdogan you fucking roach diaspora

:^)

The eternal anglo strikes again

Wasn't the guy elect? Why would the coup go smoothly if like half of the country wants him?

Erdogan will now go full authoritarian

I think you're right. It doesn't really matters that the guy is a shitty president, the people elected him.

er(dog)an will turn turkey into a mediterranean saudi arabia

It's not like the military is 100% innocent as well. In fact I'd say they're worse.

Can somebody answer me?

>they tried to cach bullets.
classic k*rdroach thinking

Yes, but anti-Erdogan Kemalist news channels which had been blocked by Erdogan several times in the past reported this, too.
>Dutch government
I already said that he's supported by the CIA. Do you think your government is independent? There's no way that the news you heard about this coup or other major incidents in the world are reliable, quick googling is stupid. Gülen used to be Erdogan's right-hand man, he's an Islamist.

Dem quads doe

He shuts down opposition. It's easy to win "democracy" when you have so much control over media

It is the military's duty to protect Turkey from authoritarian islam. If you don't support the coup your are literally a terrorist fuck

checked
but chill, we're still mere hours after the events, we probably don't know what this is about yet and chances are it's not over

militaries only duty is protect country from foreign threats. but that's all.
30 million people voted for erdogan. and they will protect their votes in democracy.

Now is the perfect time to annex Turkey

>He shuts down opposition.

What does that even mean?

>30 million people voted for erdogan. and they will protect their votes in democracy.
Were they majority Kurd?

well Sup Forums is full of shit

Islamists are not people and so their votes do not matter

Remove Er(dog)an from Turkiye

Only on Sup Forums.

It isn't. Any of the Turks I'm talking to hate him, but they seem concentrated around western Turkey. Everywhere else seems to love him.

It's not that they all loved erdoğan they also hated coups. Coups are looked as a very bad thing in turkey.

This number of civilians, the ones mobbing the soldiers. I can't tell if they're supporters of Erdogen, people afraid of the change it would bring, people who don't want their daily lives changed in any way, or people just seeing what they can get away with and how much push the soldiers would give them.

Western turkey is where actual turks live

Islamist Kurdshits live in the center and east

There's been like 4-5 coups though

He either kills, scares or just rigs the ballots

>fair election

LOL

WESTERN TURKEY SECEDE WHEN

>a coup for democracy
You're delusional

The coup failed because

1. Did not arrest Erdogan immediately
2. Let State run propaganda out
3. Did not put out propaganda of their own
4. Did not use tear gas against the mobs
5, Did not try to rally civilians against pro Erdogan civilians

A regular turk citizen will not risk participating in a coup if they are led to believe it is doomed to start.

Turkey has had a lot of Coups in the past. They worked.

Nice breakdown.

You should become a consultant for coups

This desu.

Very disappointing. They should have just pulled a Sadat and assassinated the motherfucker. Without Tayyip the whole AKP would fall apart overnight.

I'm sure Venezuelans would have done the same for Chavez, did you ever see the fanaticism that was shown in his funeral? A few years of his policies later ask the common people in Venezuela what they think now... People who surrender to personality cults are never free, it's the reason we forbid re-elections in my country. Apparently muricans are setting themselves up to learn this lesson the hard way...

>Not liking your elected official
>Not even a show of force can move the balance of power from those who hold it
Sounds like a western democracy to me.

yup they really needed something to disperse the crowds

That's what bullets are for, faggot.

The people protected democracy so that part makes sense and besides evidence points to the coup being staged.

I saved this pic.

They have a democracy, they just voted in an islamic tyrant. What they need is a good ol' fashioned military regime to keep them from voting for the wrong guy.

The problem is the West wasn't exactly moving to support the coup...

Everyone else looks arabic

true, I am shocked russia didnt just get get smurgadan down.

They actually tried. I heard Erdogan left his hotel 2 minutes before they attacked it.

Truly incompetent.

t. K*rd heathen

This is like China blaming the Dalai Lama or Falin Ging for things - it's bullshit. Erdogan is using the situation to demonize Gulen, like he has done for Kurds before.

Saudi Arabia is great...if you are Saudi. Turkey will be a wonderful country, for the Turks. God help anyone else though.

>turks are whiiiite

why is there milk coming out of one of his nostril?

Why was your army doing this instead of removing some fucking 'dogan ?

Quads of truth and justice.

Erdogan is a tyrant.

it aint gon suck itself

THIS
THIS
FUCKING THIS

Erdogan is only in power because he strong arms the opposition and censors the media.

He is literally Turkish Putin.

Lmao you trying to dress better user?

secularismfags BTFO

western liberal capitalism is circling the drain and any non-white person who sees it as the primary model for the their nation's development is a cuck

The world stands with the People of Turkey and for.. but Erdegon and his kids need to go.

The Turks legitimately need the freedom they had back in the 70-90's

ShObamria law is imminent for Turkey if Change does not hapten.

>He shuts down opposition
how?
false. erdogan is not putin. he didn't kill anyone, yet.

im serious when i ask this
i dont hate erdogan and yes he would probs cancel secularism if the constitution allowed him to
but how is turkey not democratic or secular?

i don't like erdogan*
fug

He won't cancel secularism or anything though , that's just what underages that know nothing about the Turkish politics think