How do I convince my ISP to go symmetrical?

How do I convince my ISP to go symmetrical?

I currently pay $130/m for 1000/100 and unlimited phone.

I don't mind the price so much as I want symmetrical...

How do I convince them?

Call the cops?

How the fuck do you get a gig down in bumblefuck middle Georgia?

When back in 2010 the feds wwere giving CLEC's money to lay fiber... they got a huge ass grant. Multi millions, and Planters, the county next to us. They fucking ran fiber every where.

>How do I convince my ISP to go symmetrical?
1. Buy your ISP
2. Make a deal for a corporate line
3. Start a new ISP for yourself and maybe other interested parties

>How do I convince my ISP to go symmetrical?
You can't.

Assuming it's GPON the only real reason is they need some way to differentiate their business class service.

THey do differentiate.. You have to buy business service in any way you want. You can get 100/100 250/50 1000/100. Except 100/100 business class is like twice what I pay for 1000/100.

Then they're cunts i guess

GPON is 2.2/1.2gbps

They've got more than enough bandwidth for 1000mbps upload considering 99% of the time people aren't uploading so sharing 1.2gbps will still generally allow most people to get 1gbps, even split among 16 other customers.

Tell them to cap the download at 100 mbps.

at least you're not capped to 150/15 on fiber
my third world ISP laid down fiber everywhere and they wanna make back the investment money by jewing everyone

Symmetrical is a meme, thuogh. Realistically, your internet usage patterns are like 90% downloads and maybe 10% uploads.

There is a reason why they are this way and it's not ISPs being Jews. You just typically don't need symmetrical bandwidth.

Unless you are a pro, top 10 streamer on Twitch and your hundred thousand revenue stream depends on having the best possible upload bandwidth.

Are you retarded? There is no difference for twitch if you've got 100mbps or 1000mbps. Maximum bitrate is like 10mbps. Maybe 15mbps for 1080p60fps.

1gbps upload is good for many concurrent uploads to many different sources, or working from home on large projects and being able to upload 200-300gb of shit to work in only 2-3 hours through the VPN.

My usage pattern is literally 90% upload 10% download. Well, not literally. It might be closer to 99% / 1%.

>it's not ISPs being Jews. You just typically don't need symmetrical bandwidth.
if most people don't use it it'd cost them nothing to include it then. It's 100% ISPs being jews, they want you to pay $400 for a business contract, where the only difference is more upload, a static IPv4, and they don't fuck with port 25.

yuuuuup, not that I like these companies, but at least AT&T, Verizon, and google all provide full 1gbps down and up for their fiber service, and they're all GPON based as far as I am aware.

/thread

Yeah basically, they are or they aren't nothing you do is gonna change it.

Well yeah that's how business worx. You think they built their corporation by prolonging their time spent in the red?

I wish i had internet as good as my VPS

Convince them to go HFC DOCSIS 3.1

They're already GPON, they have the bandwidth there physically.

>I will never see this in Australia