Why the fuck does this connector still exist in 2017?

Why the fuck does this connector still exist in 2017?

The same reason my deprecated functions still exist: the very important people using them aren't dead yet.

Because fuck patents.

Who knows desu

Because shitloads of technology still uses it, dumbass.

Poorfags.

Yes, only your pic related DVI-D does, no analog.
It's because it's compatible with a lot of hardware made in the last decade, it's digital and even cross compatible passively with HDMI.

VGA only went away a few years ago, DVI monitors/TVs where made well after VGA was dead, this will be a legacy connector for years to come still.

Same reason a lot of hardware made in 2017 still have VGA ports, Dual link DVI-D is a lot more capable than VGA, and came out a lot later.

My 3 Dells only have VGA or DVI-D
I'm running passive DP to DVI-D cables to them.

hard to break lmao

Same reason VGA still does: compatibility

I dread of the day I will have to stop using DVI.

Because people bought awesome expensive monitors before HDMI and DisplayPort were popular, and they want to keep on using them with current tech.

Imagine a guy who has a home cinema set up and doesn't want to switch his ceiling mounted 1080p CRT projector with VGA input over to a new standard because the image is still incredible. Well, he can use the DVI-I to VGA adapter and his GPU can still send an analog signal through that. Same deal for old rear projection TVs. There were some CRT projection TVs that would still make an image that's hard to beat.

>tfw workstation display signal out is vga only
>tfw modern computer otherwise
>tfw i7-6700 for some reason

stop using a workstation for 2003 then

>tfw your workstation is RGB/SoG

>DVI-D

Fuck that shit. DVI-I is where it's at boi

Because items don't magically disintegrate after a certain arbitrary number of revolutions around the sun. Try telling that to a libtard though.

Lubricate the connections with your tears.

Because it is awesome.

display port of gtfo

>digital

Because it just werks™

because HDMI is a gay connector for homos

DVI-D still does 144HZ in 2017

it will be replaced eventually, don't you worry

price/performance ratio is too good to throw it away
Shit like hdmi and displayport give relatively same results for double the price

Why the hell it shouldn't?

Your point being?

Exactly. Fuck digital only

I don't have money to upgrade my 2005 monitor