Ublock Origin

Is anyone else experiencing Ublock Origin uninstalling itself while remaining installed?

Ublock Origin is listed in my installed extensions and yet the icon that usually appears in the top left corner isn't there and I'm getting ads on Youtube.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/685614/ublock_origin-1.13.8-an fx sm tb.xpi
addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/708468/ublock_origin-1.13.10-an fx.xpi?src=dp-btn-version
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Works on my machine

The same thing happened to me. Seems like it updated today that's why the "webext-hybrid" is in the title now. Just copy+paste your personal filters to clipboard and uninstall/reinstall ublock. My settings got reset but it kept my filter lists.

Started to happen on my relatives one. Seems to have started around update 54.0 or so. Just re-download the add-on or update your browser and it should work.

>Just re-download the add-on or update your browser and it should work.

I did that twice now. It reverts to pic related whenever I play a youtube video.

Just install adblock plus and untick the "allow some non-intrusive advertising" box until ublock fixes this crap.

Shit taste in bookmarks țbh fàm
>adblock plus
Just fuck off fag

do you use Firefox sync by chance?

nope

are you autism?

Yup. Had that happen to me once.
I have both Ublock Origin and AdGuard installed
so i can alternate as contingency to such stupid cases happening.

If there's one thing i wish, it's that Fair AdBlocker ported their addon to Firefox.
I've done a test run on all ad blockers on Vivaldi with a myriad of different sites, and Fair functioned damn well.

You probably don't recognize that most of them are for math.

No. You shouldn't have used the hybrid.

I've removed and reinstalled ublock origin 3 times today. The hybrid is the default downloads from mozilla currently.

virus. you have malware in your firefox installation

Download the regular version from github

It happened to many. The uninstall/reinstall of ublock worked for me on Windows, but not on Android. So, I've disabled the autoupdate, uninstalled and installed the older addon from here:
addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/685614/ublock_origin-1.13.8-an fx sm tb.xpi

Thank you.

am i the only one who is having problems view images from Sup Forums on a new tab with UBO enabled? this started happening yesterday

it just happened to me this morning. try with this version addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/708468/ublock_origin-1.13.10-an fx.xpi?src=dp-btn-version

So is this uBlock's fault or is this the advertising jew's fault?

Also, how do I get my settings and everything if I can't even open the settings anymore?

It's uBlock's fault. If it was a known issue, Gorhill should not have pushed it to AMO. Ideally the transitions would happen without users needing to do anything or even noticing.
But you can't blame him too much. Maybe it's just not possible. And many add-ons will not be ported. People are bound to have to get active.