Since crypto miners bought all RX Vega i will have to buy a GTX 1070 like a good goy...

Since crypto miners bought all RX Vega i will have to buy a GTX 1070 like a good goy, i was thinking of going for the Gigabyte G1 version since its the cheapest here in europe and amazon europe

Other urls found in this thread:

computeruniverse.ru/products/90705878/powercolor-radeon-rx-vega-64-air-cooled-schwarz.asp
overclockers.co.uk/powercolor-radeon-rx-vega-64-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-stand-alone-gx-18v-pc.html
overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-64-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-stand-alone-gx-387-sp.html
gamersnexus.net/guides/3036-how-far-can-450w-get-you-for-a-gaming-pc-wattage
notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1080-Laptop.171212.0.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Since crypto miners bought all RX Vega
no they didnt you troglodyte

>he's falling for the NVidia meme
GIMPWORKS™

show me an RX Vega for MSRP on a european website you dingus, or are you one of those miners that fucked themselves by ordering a ton of vegas to find out they are shit at mining

what is there to go for? atm i have a gtx 980 and the age is showing, is there a point in buying an RX 580 which is about on par with my gtx 980, AMD wont restock the vega any time soon

I bought 10x vega 64. mining at 37-41 Mh/s each card.

i hope bitcoin or etherum or whatever you are mining crashes really soon

Its either strix or the cheapest one like palit or zotac.

the strix is quite more costly than the gigabyte and the zotac mini is about a few bucks cheaper but i havent heard nice things about zotac

I had a 1070 and downgraded to a 980. Tbh it's not that good of an upgrade for you. What are you trying to play. I just got a 144hz monitor and the 980 can play games like far cry 4 at 90-120 fps ultra.

i want a multimonitor setup and i'd like to be futureproof the 980 is starting to sweat in my opinion

Vega is really good for minning. 35-38 Mhs/s @240W ~66ºC. gaymers btfo. HAHAHAHAHA

I think you should be aiming for at least a 1080. I'm not sure about euro prices but my 980 would probably resell for 200-220 and a 1070 is 450 (which is more then I paid for my g1 at launch). I would rather to to find a 1080 for like 550 at that price and get a real upgrade. Sucks how miners fucked everything up. Luckily for me the 980 still pounds through games that I play just fine.

So will 1070, it's barely an improvement.

My hope is that this RX Vega release takes some of the heat off demand so i'd be able to grab a "somewhat-reasonably-above-MSRP" Polaris card.

I belieeeve.

i was going to sell my 980 and pay for something else that doesnt concern pc hardware, i'd rather not spend all of it on a 1080

yea just about 30% improvement over my 980, its almost nothing

>gtx980
>age showing
Stop playing in 4K max settings 4xMSAA

In fact stop using MSAA altogether

computeruniverse.ru/products/90705878/powercolor-radeon-rx-vega-64-air-cooled-schwarz.asp

here is 64 for 550, feel free to buy one

i used an hp laptop for 9 years if i wanted to play on low med i wouldnt have build a pc like the one i did, i dont want to lower settings

Doesn't matter. Crashes are irrelevant for miners, as cryptocoin value is destined to pretty much only grow in the long run

shitposting aside, can ANYONE buy a graphics card right now? this is getting absurd

it's been months since there were any on the shelves at any of my local stores. They have some really shit-tier entry level cards which are marked up like 30% and that's it

MSAA kills any card dumbfuck
Literally just use SMAA
>buying PC parts locally

GTX 1080's are close to MSRP. They're pretty much the only non entry level card you can buy.

sure, where are you from?
We also didn't have any GPUs for about a month, now they are back.

>>buying PC parts locally
includes amazon shitforbrains

Don't get the 1070 and skip to the 1080 or 1080 Ti since the price difference isn't much. The price for the 1070 right now is inflated.

thing is i cant afford anything more than 20-40 eur price difference and i have to order from amazon.de or some other eu website that delivers europe wide otherwise charges hit like a fucking train

>includes amazon shitforbrains
What did he mean by this?

Then save up and use SMAA instead of MSAA you overgrown kid

unlike you i dont live with my parents i cant just sell my 980 and waste all the money on a 1080ti, the gigabyte G1 fits perfectly within my budget

I was trying to be helpful but your borderline clinically retarded ass just had to get triggered to no end, didn't it?

Then keeep being a good little wagecuck and waste all your money on a 1070 now and enjoy the 15-25% increase in performance lel

>buying from a europoor website
>he has that massive import tax

If you're talking about dollars though, 1070's are $380 not $450
A $550 1080 isn't bad though, just a $380 1070 is cooler

>import tax
Why is yurop so protectionist

no no you got me wrong i got a massive import tax if i order outside of the EU, if its in the EU i just get shipping charges, but if i order from lets say newegg i get fucked with 20

Your problem, not mine. You thought they wouldn't up their prices if they knew they'd still be cheaper than importing?

Where do you see 380. Cheapest I see is 430 before taxes that now apply to new york.

Didn't look very hard OP

overclockers.co.uk/powercolor-radeon-rx-vega-64-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-stand-alone-gx-18v-pc.html

or

overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-64-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-stand-alone-gx-387-sp.html

btw they ship international

Literally just ordered a 1080 like in op

Lol do it

not to my country they dont

Have you asked? Someone from the US got one from there. Maybe you live in a shithole.

>actually wanting amd for gaming

i live in bulgaria, and some sites just dont ship there even though all amazons do and even newegg has a bulgarian version(but with the import charges i might aswell buy from EU)

>Since I'm an impatient cuck I'm going to buy an inferior product

Go by Eurostar to their store

I know, right? We already waited 18 months for AMD to make something comparable. What's another 6 months for prices to normalize and then another 6 months for them to ship drivers worth a shit?

Just Wait™

the 1070 is a damn good card, believe me i would love to have a vega but i cant wait for AMD to get up and make more

>Buying a 1070 when a reference Vega 56 can be undervolted and OC'ed into trading blows with a 1080FE and Vega 64.
LMAO

>posting single game benchmarks

How about another source

>we now live in a world where Nvidia is the price to performance king and Radeon is the luxury brand that you pay more for more features unreleated to gaming
What a strange timeline.

>wait for Vega
>wait for stock
>wait for mining to die
>wait for drivers
>wait for Navi
You know, some people actually want to buy a GPU now instead of waiting forever just to brag abouy their AMD build in Speccy threads.

1070 prices are also inflated by miners.
Go for 1080 for $50 more.

Go for EVGA, you will not regret it.

Yep

What is the best GPU for a 500w-rated 80+ PSU in terms of price, performance and looks?

For a normal amount of peripherals (so practicaly none except disks) 1070 or 1080 in terms of Perf/W

a gtx 1060, its instock everywhere because its not exactly good for mining

Well fuck me even the rog strix variant is almost reasonably priced

Does it make sense at all to upgrade to that from a Sapphire HD7850 2GB?

What resolution?
the 1060 or 580 are the best price/perf, but with current messed up prices the 1080 or 1080ti are the only cards worth buying atm.
Most GPUs will do fine on a 500W PSU anyways:
gamersnexus.net/guides/3036-how-far-can-450w-get-you-for-a-gaming-pc-wattage

yea i mean i think 2GB of vram arent enough today for high texture gaming so why not go with a 1060 if you want a solid 1080p experience

oh and also im selling my gtx 980 so if you are interested

Wanna trade it for a 7900GS?

sounds like a good deal but i'll pass

Tell that greasy haired prick Steve to hurry the fuck up with his undervolted Vega 56 results and I'd be happy to provide more.

>i'd like to be futureproof
This is a concept that doesn't really work with PC gaming. The closest you'll get is a 1080Ti or maybe an RX Vega because AMD Fine Wine technology. Futureproof is just another term for "more power than I currently need".

sure if you want to call it that

Why didn t you just buy an AMD RX vega 56?
I got one for 399€ from Alternate. XD Dude you had literally 15 min to buy the card.

Are the AIBs as shitty as the reference cards

just-wait™ for Navi® my friend!

Try to get Vega sold out in 20 secs went to get a 1070 today only 1 in stock anywhere near me $530 deside to get 1080 instead $630 ... I guess I'm waiting for navi

this reminds me
AMD cards load CPU less
Nvidia gets CPU at least 5C higher all the time
nobody tested this properly

just order one from germans for 550

i dunno, im into crypto but i cant afford mining set-ups.

that said, there were a lot of oppurtunities. earlier this year AMD Saphire cards with HBM were going around for sub $250.

then there are rx480s up for forevery at around $200

I got my gtx 1080 some months ago for a cool $500 when it was on sale.

look around

80+ what? Gold? Platinum?
Whatever it is, GTX1060

>miners are the only reason for price increase
it's a supply issue, not a demand issue. there's and hbm2 shortage

sure but there wouldnt have been such a huge slope between supply if people didnt buy 10x cards for their mining rigs, it would have lasted a lot longer without those people

have you seen vega's power draw? miners dont want vega

yea i can see they dont want vega because a lot of them are listed for upwards of 1k on ebay and other sides its listed at 750 euro on a local site here

Really is your own fault for waiting 18 months in the first place.

Hello Raja, stop post the the same fucking shit and fix the fucking drivers and the power draw of the future Navi.

I thought everyone was going to LOWER power draw. That's where the industry was headed. What the fuck is AMD doing? Goddamn space heaters

1000w PSUs are supposed to be a thing of the past.

AMD has always tried to get ahead with the brute force aproach, stuff as much raw power into it as possible

Vega suck so they factory OC it to the limit for match with 1070 and 1080, that's why the power draw is crazy. Say good bye to the laptop market.

as if vega was ever fit to be a laptop GPU

The desktop 1080 fit in a laptop. With HBM, Vega was supposed to be awesome but they fail. Vega 56 is not that bad for the price tho but still draw too much power for the performance.

how huge did the laptop have to be to properly cool the 1080? imagine Vega in a laptop

Since Maxwell, they make some desktop GPU for laptops

Look the list of laptops
notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1080-Laptop.171212.0.html

Due to the high TDP, the mobile GTX 1080 is only suited for large laptops with high performance cooling solutions. The power consumption is ranging from 150 to 200 Watt (according to Nvidia, up to 220 W in the Asus G701VIK, G800, GX800). A low power version (Max-Q) is available beginning summer 2017 with a reduced TGP of 90 - 110 Watt (at a reduced performance).

I know, it's alway ~5% slower but it still the same GPU with the same clock and bios. Only the boost go lower because of the TDP limit in a laptop.

No.
They tried to salvage every damn card they had so even the most fucked cards can pass their standards. That's why you undervolt, and get better results.

>can pass their standards
So he is right, Vega suck

When you unfuck AMD's settings, you get the performance you asked for (even the Vega 56 outperforming the 1080). Vega is a year late, but I wouldn't say it sucks. RTG and the economy suck.

GTX 1070 is better than RX Vega for mining..the ratio power/consumption is on the 1070 side.

The real question: WHERE ARE THE VEGA AIBs????

Sold out
Just wait™