As a common mad scientist invention, everyone knows about the shrink/growth raygun...

As a common mad scientist invention, everyone knows about the shrink/growth raygun. But will it ever actually be created?

No. It makes no goddamn sense.

>I am going to decrease the size of each unit molecule smaller than a molecule
Not possible

I don't think a raygun is possible. And shrinking seems impossible. But I could see someone finding a way to chemically grow someone huge

no it would just remove duplicates DUH

maybe if it deleted every second molecule and tied the remaining ones together?

I would rather not have it used on anything living though.

Explain how it would work.

>Hard Mode:
> use science and shit

I would just like to see the tech used purely recreationally

But would an object with only half it's molecules even be that object anymore? Would it even function the same? And how would you even remove all those molecule with the object remaining structurally intact ?

it seems like a fairly unfruitful endeavour

Watermelons are fruits hahaha

If you subscribe to an infinite reality theory, then there must be one where something is much smaller or larger. Then it might be possible to create some sort of wormhole to transfer the two objects between the realities

Like what summer did in the rick and morty from last week? xD summer is my wifeu

Boob-yah

Not unless we figure out how to manipulate the atomic forces that space atoms.

Remove all the space between your atoms and you'll be the size of the tip of a pin.

would increase the forces acted upon atoms by their neighbors, no?
Hnggg

Maybe you'll find out one day OP when your g/f has to use it on your willy wonklet.

kek --> ! K E K !

I hope so, I will steal it, find some hot girls and make them giant

That may have already been done secretly

Probably not, but you can build a pretty effective death ray out of common microwave parts

Ouch

>>I am going to decrease the size of each pixel smaller than a pixel

Nigga how does scaling work?

Just take two molecules and make a synthesis of both. Shit, just removing one of each pair and fixing the bonds should work.

To shrink/grow an object you would be changing the volume. This would involve either increasing mass or decreasing density (in the case of growing the object in size) or decreasing mass or increasing density (in the case of shrinkjng the object).

Either is stupid and not feasible. We can assume mass won't change or you'd be removing molecules as others would say. So density would be the limit. You'd probably just implode or explode the object that point.

compression, like smoke in reverse. detail folds up into its own field.

It is possible, but as of now, I have no idea what means we could use to get there.

That would absolutely wreck your DNA.

honey I do not think these are our kids anymore

Such drastic changes haha

That would be a bad use of the technology

!!!

oh shit I didn't see this episode yet

Just use magic stupids

It doesn't end well